• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 3,301 Views, 23 Comments

The Mind of a Child - Telly Vision



Follow the life of a man as he has to experience life once more from birth to death. Only one thing its not his life, and he isn't in control of the body.

  • ...
2
 23
 3,301

Acceptance

Edited by LunarSeraph


Alone, so alone.

"I never thought that being away from my family would feel this bad. When I was in my world I couldn't wait to get rid of my family. Now I’m dead and trapped in the mind of a baby unicorn in a world inhabited by ponies. Why does the universe hate me so?"

"Turns out when I lost track of time after I went out to wander from the front of the mind. I left for the darkness at around noon, or so when I decided I wanted to be alone. That was a bad call. when I came back a year or two had past. So ya, that happened."

"All that time alone must have affected me somehow. Recapping, I got the hang of my new pony mind body. I got hit by some weird lightning type thing that gave me some of Luminous' experiences once in awhile, like some sort of news update. I started talking to my self a lot. Oh and I learned how to magically pop things into this mind void. I've even kept myself busy by doing the job I used to have, radio engineering."

"But what do you care? You're just a Rock with google-eyes and a sharpie smile"

The red earth pony was sitting on a therapist couch looking up at the never ending void. Next to him a large rock was sitting on a comfy looking chair. The rock had googly-eyes, a set of big bushy eyebrows, some glasses that made him look rather intelligent (for a rock.), a nice looking mustache-beard combo, and a sharpie smile that almost said " And how does that make you feel?".

"Thank you for listening doctor. I feel a little bit better."

I popped the couch, chair, and rock out of existence and in their place got a trumpet.

"And now ladies and gentlemen,a little light spiriture called nobody knows the trouble I've seen"

Suddenly the rock popped into existence again with hands and a piano and started to play. I just went along and started playing too

Me
________________________________
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Nobody knows my sorrow
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Glory hallelujah!
Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down
Oh, yes, Lord
Sometimes I'm almost to the ground
Oh, yes, Lord
Although you see me going 'long so
Oh, yes, Lord
I have my trials here below
Oh, yes, Lord
If you get there before I do
Oh, yes, Lord
Tell all-a my friends I'm coming to HEAVEN!
Oh, yes, Lord

Upon finishing the instruments and the rock popped out of existence, and a bright light appeared on my butt. when the light was gone in its place was a picture of a 1950's tube radio.

Suddenly the whole void shook and a small figure started to appear, it was blue. Then it started to grow features like green eyes, and lighter blue hair with a matching tail. Finally it took the shape of a pony. Luminous Star.

The black void surrounding us suddenly changed too, the blackness melted away to reveal the world. Luminous' world, OUR world.

We were in his room. He was clapping with his forehooves, really excited to hear me sing.

" Hey there little guy, looks like I'm going to be staying a while. Hope you don't mind?"
He responded by giving a soft giggle then a yawn.

"Looks like I woke you up in the middle of your afternoon nap huh. Don't worry so long as I am here, I’ll always have your back.."

"Hoo yoo?" he asked, rubbing his eyes with his hoof.

Realizing I couldn't remember my own name now, I thought up of a new one. Most ponies had names relating to their butt tattoos, so I looked at my newly acquired one and thought of a fairly decent one.

"Call me Rey Dio"

The doctor rock popped into existence and gave me a thumbs up and popped out of existence again.

" I think I'm being stalked by that rock."

I looked out the second story window where I saw a castle and a vast city.I had heard my parents,(So accepting to the term now.) call this the royal city of Canterlot. (Yeah, horse pun.) I saw unicorns dressed in fancy clothes, one young, white unicorn with a drawn mustache, blue hair, and a monocle stood out. Across the street I saw one of the normal ponies plant a seed in a garden, then she started to play some music and like magic (which it probably was) it grew into a patch of flowers.

"I guess music affects how plants grow here. Sure didn't help me during my 5th grade science project."
I went back to check on Luminous, who was sound asleep when I came back.

=)

And so I lived out the next few years ok. I soon learned the basics of this new world, like how it is governed by an immortal sun goddess who calls herself princess. I also learned the marks on ponies rear ends are called cutie marks which symbolize their talent in life. Also the pony races be they pegasi who fly and control the weather, unicorns who do magic, or earth ponies who are good with nature. I thought that I had an opportunity to help of another to succeed where I had failed.
But then came every child's worst nightmare. The place where I was from helpless children were judged by their peers for every move they made, kids were given tedious amounts of work with little to no break, and to top it off the dark overlord of the place forbade you from having any fun.

I am of course talking about the worst 16 years of my life...

School.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to release this chapter, I had some stuff to do.Tell me if you spot any spelling or grammar errors.

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any suggestions about what a child could do if he had an alien living in his mind.

Comments ( 16 )

The idea seems original, but it's ruined by lots of grammatical error, missing capitalization and the story seems too fast paced for me.

2456657

Thank you for your input, I am currently trying to get an editor for the story to fix any errors I might miss .

I would recommend using just plain text art and putting that picture in the first authors note rather than using it directly. That pony creator look is an instant asking for downvotes my friend.

2456688
Well...I might be able edit for you. I'm currently working on something else, but judging by your current release speed I think I could manage. If that sounds okay, PM me.

Hm, the concept seems interesting. Guy dies and is now a backseat driver in a unicorn foal's mind. Though you kind of ruin it by skipping ahead so fast.:unsuresweetie: Think of all the shenanigans that could be ensued. Maybe take over for short periods of time. Maybe mess with "dear brother and sister".

this is awesome!

fresh idea, executed perfectly:raritystarry:

Epic. Just epic.:pinkiehappy:

when will the next chapter come out?

3704689

I've had a chapter almost done for a while, I guess I might as well finish it. I will probably upload it before next year, February at the latest.

3704811 ok. i can't what to read it. :pinkiehappy:

3704811 You sunuvagun. UPLOAD IT NOW! :flutterrage:

I can feel my it

The my should be taken out.
This is in the first chapter near the beginning.
(sorry had to stop reading for that.) :twilightsheepish:

This is a really good story I eagerly await your next chapter I want to see more interactions with Rey Dio and Lumonus Star:twilightsmile:

3 years later... Dude. Write more. I wuz interested... :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment