• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 3,300 Views, 23 Comments

The Mind of a Child - Telly Vision



Follow the life of a man as he has to experience life once more from birth to death. Only one thing its not his life, and he isn't in control of the body.

  • ...
2
 23
 3,300

Meet the Family

Chapter 2 :
Meet the Family

Edited by LunarSeraph

So, have you ever woken up found out you died, only to notice you are in the body of a baby unicorn? Not only do I feel like something out of a bad fan fiction, it turns out I'm not even in control. I’m stuck in his mind as if I was spectating a match of Call of Duty. On the bright side, he’s a guy...

As it turns out, he and I can communicate! Or we could if he could talk. Turns out he can hear me too, and I can hear him. at the time he probably thinks I'm one of his Parents or something. Speaking of family, me and my "Parents" were able to leave the hospital this morning. Due to him being asleep, I didn't really get to look at my surroundings, but I did get to hear what sounded like a bustling marketplace filled with a bunch of snobs. Well, at least I know I'm in rich town, so I probably have rich parents.

After what was probably 20 minutes, I find what will be my new home. Luminous Star has woken up so we can both see our new home. It was a large house, and we were currently in the living room, which was kind of what you would expect a living room to look like. A couch or two here, a potted plant there, in fact the only thing distinguishable from a human living room was the lack of technology. There was no tv or stereo, but there was a piano and drum set where you would normally find them.

"Fire Storm, Lucky Charm, we are home, and we brought you home a little surprise." Said "dad".

Not soon after he called, two pegasuseses, came in running in. Or is it pegasi? Nevermind. One was male of about 10 years, a fiery red coat, with an orange mane. He had one of those tattoos on his behind of a cloud raining fire .The other was a girl of about 5 years. Her coat was green, with a black mane and a purple highlight.

" Lucky, Fire, meet your new baby brother Luminous Star." Said my "mother".

"He seems kind of small." said Fire.

"Can I take him to school for show and tell tomorrow?" asked Lucky. "I want to show all my friends I have my own baby."

Woah, what the hell. Not here for five minutes and already Fire thinks I'm scrawny, and Lucky wants to treat me like a toy.

They may not be my real siblings, but they could at least give me some respect.
So long story short I now had another family. My loving parents, Amethyst and Twinkle star. A "big, strong" brother, Fire Storm. And a "kind, loving", sister Lucky Charm.

Da fuk. Living my life was enough, but now I have to live someone else's? Not just that, I was in a world of magical, pastel colored, talking ponies.

The insanity was setting in.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Oh there, there, luminous. Don't cry. Are you hungry?" asked my "mother".

I am not crying *Sniff*, I'm just frustrated-wait. I'm crying. I made him cry, but not in a bad way. Yes, I am not completely spectating, I have subtle influence over his actions. I wonder?

*Blagh*

Alright, I do have subtle influence.

"EWW. Mom! Luminous threw up on me!" whined my dear "sister"

"Oh poor dear." said "mom". "He must have an upset stomach from the ride over. I'll feed him and set him for a nap.”
Oh something is upset alright, but I don't think its my stomach. Think twice before planning to use me like a toy.

0 0
_

The next few days flew by without much interest. I would sit in a crib all day, and stare at a wall. Most of the time Luminous would drive and play with some toys in our crib. Sometimes our siblings would come and do their homework near our crib. If I could talk I would be able to help them easily. Fire was struggling to understand Order of Operations in mathematics, while
Lucky was drawing a picture of her family.

The picture was pretty decent, considering she drew it with her mouth. It also turns out Luminous had green eyes. I feel so exotic. The picture had my parents, my siblings, and me. There was, however, another pegasus, who was green with a yellow mane.

Not five minutes later had a knock came on the door. I heard my parents answer the door to let in a green pegasus with a yellow mane.

"Uncle Jack!" yelled both my siblings.

"Hey! There's my favorite niece and nephew. Or should I say nephews! Where’s your new baby brother?" said Jack
Well that answers how both my siblings were pegasi, yet my parents and I were unicorns.

"His name is Luminous Star" said my dad.

"Well isn't he a big, strong, unicorn. Just like his father, the only unicorn child in a family of pegasi."

"Oh yes, we're very proud of our little unicorn" said mom.

"So uncle Jack, did you bring us anything from your vacation in Manehatten?" Asked Lucky.

"Oh how could I forget. For my favorite niece" He said as he reached into a bag attached to him as it were a saddle.

Hehehehe Saddlebags

"A new necklace!"

" Oh Uncle Jack it's perfect. I’ll wear it everyday!"

"And for my oldest nephew," He said reaching into his bag again,

"A poster of the Wonder Bolts, signed by Soarin and Spitfire themselves.

"Aw, that’s so cool! Thanks uncle Jack.”

"And for my newest nephew." He said pulling out what appeared to be a gray pony doll.

ooo! Me next, Me next! Wait, why do I care? Its just a stupid toy.

"A magic plushie. it is said this plushie will reflect somepony very important in your life."

So Lucky gets a silver necklace, Fire gets an autograph, and I get one of those dolls they use in court when someone is raped. You're the best Uncle Jack.

As Luminous took hold of the doll, it started to morph. First its coat became a fiery red. Then its mane and tail became yellow, with a silver streak coming out not soon after. It's eyes becoming a sky blue.

Well no doubt about it that is me, now if anyone minds I am going to go to sleep. Or whatever it is I do wandering the empty mind of this child. I’d like to be alone for a while. Seeing this family makes me think what happened to mine.
: (

Author's Note:

In case you wonder what they look like here is a picture.