• Published 9th Feb 2013
  • 8,047 Views, 752 Comments

Scootaloo the Fugitive - Kaidan



Scootaloo grew up at an orphanage ran by Gerda. The old hag clipped Scootaloo's wings last time she tried to escape. Years later, she finally escapes and ends up in Ponyville. Will she stop running from her past long enough to enjoy her new life

  • ...
23
 752
 8,047

38. All Good Things Must Come to an End

Scootaloo fidgeted nervously at the dinner table. Across from her sat Rumble as they shared their first date. Neither one spoke as they sat there, stealing awkward glances at the table next to them.

Rarity sat there, occasionally looking at the two children, recalling her own youth. She had just gotten back from the restroom and prepared to finish the second half of her sandwich.

Scootaloo giggled, and Rumble hushed her. They looked away when Rarity peeked at them, then returned their gaze.

She began to chew the bite she had taken from her sandwich, then slowly stopped. She stared down at it, almost spitting it out, before noticing several ponies gazing at her. Rarity had attracted their attention by coughing; a lady never spits out her food.

Scootaloo was trembling with barely-contained laughter, her eyes watering. The ultra-strength dessicated chili powder they had sprinkled on her sandwich was guaranteed by Pinkie to be “hotter than drinking a rainbow.”

Rarity swallowed with tears in her eyes, then smiled. She got up and placed two bits on the table. Then she shot a look to Scootaloo, who gave her the most unconvincing shrug of innocence. Rarity walked towards her house, breaking out in a sprint and shouting for water once she thought she was far enough away to not be seen by the restaurant patrons.

Scootaloo finally broke out laughing, and Rumble soon joined her. Once the laughter from their prank had subsided they began to loosen up. “That was so awesome, Scootaloo!”

“Yeah,” Scootaloo said. “Hey, Rumble, we should totally hang out more often. Summer break starts tomorrow and the crusaders are going to the swimming hole. You wanna come?”

“That sounds great. I can show you this new stunt I worked on just for you,” he said.

“Hah, I bet I can do a stunt twice as cool!”

“You’re on! But, if I win you have to give me a kiss.”

Scootaloo blushed and her mouth opened and shut repeatedly as she searched for the words that eluded her. She finally managed to blurt out an “ok” before taking a keen interest in her hooves under the table.

The delivery of their own meals interrupted the awkward silence. After he left Rumble finally thought of something to say and break the silence. “So, you girls any closer to cutie marks?”

“Nah, not yet.” Scootaloo took her daisy sandwich and started eating.

Rumble tasted his grilled-cheese sandwich, and the two shot each other a wide-eye look.

Scootaloo spat her sandwich out, panting for water. “Rumble, you didn’t!”

“What? You spiked my sandwich!”

“It burns!” Scootaloo screamed.

“Yeah!”

“Let’s go to the swimming hole now!”

He nodded his head as his eyes watered from the chili powder.

The two ran off towards the pond half-laughing and half-choking on the chili powder. They hoped to quell the burning with the cool waters of the lake.

Dash burst out in laughter, having hidden more successfully from Scootaloo than Scootaloo had from Rarity.

“Great job, Dashie!” Pinkie said. “We got ‘em good!”

“Yeah, sure did!” Dash smirked. “I’m glad the squirt is so happy now. Her and Rumble seemed to really hit it off.”

“Of course they did! She had her aunty Pinkie to give her advice.”

“You? Advice? What was it?” Dash inquired.

“I told Scootaloo to just be herself and treat him like she’d treat any other pony.”

Dash’s sandwich arrived from the kitchen and she eyed it for a second, and looked into the waiter’s eyes. The waiter shrugged, and headed back for the kitchen. She looked at Pinkie, who hadn’t moved from her spot.

Shrugging, Dash began to eat her sandwich. After half of it was gone she felt the burning in her mouth intensify tenfold.

“Dash?! How are you not coughing and sweating from all that chili powder?” Pinkie asked.

“Hah! I’m Rainbow Dash! A little chili powder prank isn’t going to get me.”

“Darn, and I gave the waiter two bits to spike your sandwich!”

“He did, but I think he could have used more. It’s a bit mild for my tastes.” Dash feigned a smile as she willed herself not to choke on the chili powder.

“Well, at least we got to make sure Rumble and Scootaloo are getting along. I bet they’ll make a cute couple!”

“Yeah, and I’ve already bought a shovel and some tarp in case Rumble tries any fishy business with my little sister.”

“Why, are you going to dig him a pond to put fish in?”

Dash sighed, “No, I mean if he tries to. . . you know. . .”

“Make her eat fish sticks and custard?”

Groaning and rolling her eyes, Dash admitted defeat. “Never mind, the joke is ruined.”

“Oh, okay. Hey, I’ve got cupcakes in the oven. See you later!” Pinkie tossed a bit on the table for her half of the meal and bolted away.

Once she was gone, Dash glanced around, making sure she wasn’t being watched. She then grabbed the vase of flowers in the center of the table, and chugged all the water out of it.

Once her mouth had stopped burning she sighed and leaned back in her chair. Dash knew that after all her hardship and struggle, Scootaloo was finally happy, and that was all that mattered.


Author's Note:

I've decided to end this (boo) so I can start a sequel (yay!) focusing on Scootaloo and other fillies in the show as young adults. Raising a foal, joining the Wonderbolts, finding her parents, and possibly even having the Element of Loyalty passed down to her... what possibility exists for an adult Scootaloo?

Thanks to everyone who is a fan of the series. You deserved an update after three months and knowledge that I needed to begin a sequel to transition from the original plot (Gerda) to a new chapter in Scootaloo's life (Family).

Comments ( 39 )

Such a long hiatus for this?! I hope that sequel comes soon

I think this was the first fanfic I ever read, and even though I've read lots more and am currently in progress with others, it still feels kinda weird its over
Thanks for the great fic Kaidan! Thats what kinda got me into FimFiction :pinkiehappy: Can't wait for the sequel! :rainbowkiss:

This was such a good story and I bet the sequel will be grand. :twilightsmile:

3334150
Yeah it's weird to end it. I wanted to make it like 100 chapters... but a sequel seems like a good way to reboot the series without skipping anything or making this story "Background Pony" length. It'll always hold a special place to me also for being the first fic I fell in love with (as evidenced by nearly daily updates.)

This time, Gerda shoots first.:pinkiecrazy:

3334262
Thanks, I can't wait either. :coolphoto:

3334279
Thank you. :scootangel:

:heart::heart::heart:

Can't wait for the sequel. Hope it's soon.


:scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel:

What will the sequel be called?

You post a lot, so I tend to skim over your stuff and miss things. (No offence)

Scootaloo was finally happy, and that was all that mattered.

Both a great ending and a great sequel hook. Now it's time to put this on my Kindle and re-read the whole thing start to finish. :scootangel:

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY YOU POSTED IT!!!!!!!!!!

"Scootaloo the Fugitive" As the title says, this was focused on scoots running away and living a secret life. Well as most know that ends early in the chapter and the rest of the chapters focused on scootaloos life after she was free. That part should've been the sequel since less than half the fic was scoots being a fugitive. I came here for a read about scootaloo running away, NOT a life story about scootaloo and RD.

Please pardon my back grammar. And note that this was meant to be constructive criticism.

This was my first all time favorite ScootAdoption fic, and one of the fics that got me interested in your awesome stuff as an author. While I'm sad it's closing down. I'm happy to have read it and am happier to see the sequel.

tell us when the first chapter is up! please?

Fishsticks and custard...:pinkiegasp:

damn good story you are a damn good writer :scootangel:

Please when or where is the sequel,I want read it ASAP

You have that second story up I'm gonna check.

Meh a sequel in the future awwwwwww. I guess i just hate future fics

5250795
Ah been a long time since I saw a comment here. *brushes the dust aside* Yes, she's quite a whack-job. I'm glad you didn't quit reading, since she gets what's coming to her eventually... but, she does lots of villan-y stuff until then. :scootangel:

And I wrote this with no rules so it's twice as awesome as my other stories.

5253572
Glad you're enjoying it. :pinkiehappy:

I have hade this story on my watch list for some time now and just to day decided to read it, and boy am I happy I did this is funny and a exultant slice of life story.

now I need to see if the sequel is around some ware.
harts fire.

It took me two days to finish this, and I'll say, my friend, you are GOLDEN!!!!!!!!

Why Do They Always Make Scootaloo A Orphan! :fluttercry:

I enjoyed the story for certain parts but there was a lot of random going on. It was like Pinkie co wrote the story with you. No sequel yet. Shame. What would you say is your best story?

Bravo, Bravo Friend, this was an excellent piece of work friend, I needed this after reading stuff like Secret of of rarity and Rainbow factory! This was REALLY, no 20% more awesome than those!

All Good Things Must Come to an End

NOOOOOOOOO! NOT THE ENDING OF THE NEXT GENERATION! WHY! :pinkiesad2:

6874646 it shell be done at once

6875576 facehoof :facehoof:
Sorry...

;3; and it ends ( thinks of wat to say to the awesomeness )

...
...
Awsomesau
c
E
:rainbowdetermined2:
(I got lazy XD)

can u put a link to the new stories i cant find them plz help me!!!

7810110
Clearly there weren't enough references, I still have much to learn.
:pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by electrocross deleted Mar 12th, 2017

Just got the skyrim reference. Well played sir, well played

Awww, thank you for the story! I highly enjoyed the sheer fluffiness of it, and I'll miss the adventures of Scootaloo! Thank you so much for the good time! :scootangel:

8148971

you're welcome :twilightsheepish:

Insert aww here plus next chappy
:moustache::scootangel::rainbowkiss:

This was quite nice.

Login or register to comment