• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
"What Was That, Tia?"

Several more weeks passed and Twilight went into labor, giving birth to a beautiful light purple Alicorn filly. I had invited my parents to witness the birth, but they politely refused. True to her earlier statement to Trixie, the little filly was named Garnet -- what Twilight hadn't told Trixie was that the name was my suggestion. Her mane and tail were a medium blue with silver streaks running through them. Her eyes were a pale green color, which I thought was somewhat unusual. I was present to oversee the foal-birth, with Trixie by my side. She seemed happy to witness the event, though her pregnancy was getting quite close to full term as well. The lavender Alicorn was going to take some time to recover and nurture her filly, though I would visit from time to time.

It was a few months later when Trixie's water broke, and once again I stood by watching the procedure. I had asked my parents if they were interested in seeing her second foal and this time they accepted my invitation graciously. Twilight and her little filly were present along with Marina, who was bouncing around excitedly, fluttering her wings fast enough to fly around for a little bit. Her excitement was infectious as she eagerly tried to get a glimpse of her little brother. I smiled at her exuberance, feeling a tinge of giddiness myself. Twilight smiled as well, half at Marina's excitement, half at watching Trixie give birth to our son. Five hours later, she gave birth to a light green winged unicorn colt with dark brown mane and tail, his eyes a pale blue color. Trixie gave him the name of Jade Flare. I nodded in approval at the choice, as did Twilight. My parents simply smiled and congratulated me on being a father for the second time. I responded by telling them I appreciated their presence.

"My little brother is Jade Flare! Yay!" cried Marina in her excitement. "I wanna play with him!"

"That's going to have to wait, Marina," I said, chuckling softly.

As more time progressed, Celestia would occasionally stop by to check up on me and see how well I was running things, expressing a degree of satisfaction with my competence. Luna had a lengthy discussion with her about my particular dealings with ponies from Las Pegasus, who bitterly complained about my treatment of them -- they would show up for Lunar Court, rather than deal with me. They seemed to be eagerly awaiting Celestia's return to resume Solar Court, and when I got wind of this, I decided to crack down a little harder on them to let them know I wasn't playing around. The Solar Princess pulled me aside to discuss this matter with me one day.

"Amethyst, you must ease up on Las Pegasus -- you should not try to run them out of business!"

"I have my motives, Celestia. I will not be deterred on this, mark my words. They contribute somewhat to the Royal Coffers, but they fleece those who gamble there. I am trying to level the playing field, so to speak."

"Luna has told me they complain to her about your harsh treatment of them."

"They tell her their side of the story -- they do not wish to listen to me, since they think they can receive preferential treatment from her. Truthfully, I desire to teach them a lesson -- and I will not tolerate further intransigence on their part," I stated quite firmly.

"For my sake, Amethyst, please show them a little leniency. I understand you still harbor hard feelings toward that place, but it is part of my realm."

"Very well then, Celestia -- I shall do this for you, not because I want to, but because I respect your wishes enough to show leniency to your subjects, even if they happen to desire more than I think they deserve." A hint of annoyance showed in my voice. The Solar Princess expressed her displeasure with my acquiescence by exhaling sharply through her nostrils.

"Amethyst Flame. You test my patience with your treatment of --"

"Greedy business ponies," I snarked.

"Amethyst! How do you know they're greedy?"

"All you have to do is read their body language -- the way they avoid direct eye contact -- the way they shift nervously on their hooves when making their requests -- the gleam of dollar signs in their eyes ..."

"Dollar signs?"

"A figure of speech, Celestia. I can almost sense them rubbing their hooves together in glee when they face you with their requests -- they very eagerly await your return to resume your duties as Solar Regent. They cannot stand me, let alone stomach me -- they resent me deeply and they express the utmost contempt for me. This is why I return their contempt tenfold, with compound interest liberally added. It is no less than they deserve." My words had icicles forming from them, my attitude having turned quite frosty.

"Amethyst, I am disappointed in you. I was under the impression I could leave the affairs of Equestria in your capable hooves, yet you have spurned one of my cities," she stated coldly. "If this is the way you wish to run my realm, I fear I must revoke your privileges as Solar Regent."

"Are you prepared to return to the tedium of daily reports, court sessions, raising the sun, and otherwise being bored out of your mind?" I asked, maintaining an almost snarky attitude.

"If that is what it takes, then so be it. Please remove your regalia and return it to me now."

"I'm sure you realize that this is what I wanted," I said, almost grinning as I levitated the regalia from my body and gave it to her. Her frown deepened.

"If you had wanted a reprieve from your duties, all you needed to do was simply ask," she responded coldly. "I have cause to call into question your proficiency and efficacy as Solar Regent."

"Trixie has grown bored here in Canterlot and desires to return to her travels. I shall accompany her and our two foals on her journey. Should you ever decide you want me to return as your replacement, track my magic signature and teleport to me. If you need anything else, the same rule applies, though your request had better be worth my time," I said almost icily. The Solar Princess glared almost angrily at me as she accepted my regalia. I saluted as I turned away from her, leaving her to resume her duties as Solar Regent. I teleported to Trixie's room to meet up with her.

"Trixie, let's get going. You said you were wanting to get back on the road again -- well, we now have time to do that once again," I offered.

"Amethyst, I would like to go -- but I have to raise little Jade. Marina's studies require her to stay here as well," she responded almost glumly.

"We can make a new home in Manehattan," I replied. "Some of the best schools are in that city."

"Amethyst? Why are you wanting to leave? What happened?"

"Celestia and I had a little disagreement with how I was running things. Long story short, she decided to resume her duties and relieved me of that task. My desire is to show her just how boring it can get -- I'm willing to wager ten bits that she contacts me in less than a month with a desire for me to relieve her of the tedious task of ruling Equestria," I chuckled.

"Amethyst, we can't just leave like that!" Trixie said in exasperation.

"Trixie, I think we can. I can make things happen," I grinned. "Anything you want, I can get for you."

"Hmm. Trixie thinks she likes the sound of that," she mused, flashing an almost wicked grin. "Okay, Amethyst, let's go!"

I had to make several teleports to retrieve Marina from her studies, though she appeared to be playing more than studying. Her teacher, Summer Song, expressed regret at my request to take her to Manehattan, as she admitted to having become quite fond of the young filly. Marina shed a few tears as well, but I cooed softly to her that her mommy and daddy were going to be spending a lot more time with her. I teleported the both of us back to Trixie's room. She had already packed a few bags, along with some supplies for little Jade's needs.

"Daddy, where are we going?" asked Marina.

"Manehattan. We'll be taking a train to get there -- I've already taken care of obtaining the tickets," I stated.

"I like it here in Canterlot! I don't wanna leave my friends!" she protested.

"You'll make a lot more friends in Manehattan, Marina. I have a feeling we won't be gone for very long, though -- we'll be back in Canterlot before too much longer, or I'll be ten bits poorer," I chuckled.

"Okay, then, daddy, we're just going on a vacation?"

"Yeah, I guess you can call it that," I replied flatly. I levitated all the bags and trotted alongside Trixie, with Marina riding on my back. She was waving good-bye to all the ponies we passed through the corridors, the Great Hall, the entry yard, the streets leading to the train station, and even on the train itself until she wore herself out and fell asleep in Trixie's lap. Everypony made way for me as I had made quite a name for myself as the substitute Solar Regent. Even without my regalia, I still drew quite an audience, many bowing before me or trying to ask favors of me.

"I am no longer the Solar Regent, so stop asking me for favors," I stated firmly to quite a few ponies. Their puzzled expressions spoke volumes, though once word had spread of my plans to leave, the hushed whispers raced through Canterlot like an uncontrolled wildfire. By the time we reached the train station, the crowds had dispersed, save for those ponies who were waiting to board the train.

"Guess you're just a regular plain old Alicorn, eh, Amethyst?" Trixie giggled.

"Suits me just fine," I replied coldly. We sat in silence, though Marina made herself busy galloping and cantering around the platform, talking to anypony who was willing to listen to her. Trixie called her back over to her to wait until the train arrived.

The train ride to Manehattan took sixteen hours, with a one hour layover in Ponyville. I made use of the time by visiting Sugarcube corner and picking up a few pastries and a box of cupcakes for the rest of our journey. I informed Pinkie Pie of our plans and where she could find us in Manehattan if she wanted to visit. I asked her to tell her friends about our plans as well. She begged for us to stay for a farewell party, but I informed her that our train was to depart quite shortly and I couldn't allow myself to remain behind while Trixie and our foals were on the train.

I had already made arrangements for a suitable house in Manehattan, not far from the downtown section, just a short trotting distance to most amenities and shops. Marina's new school was fairly close as well, and Trixie was given opportunities to perform her magic act in various sections of the city, a prospect she dearly relished.

We had settled into a new routine, establishing a new normal life of sorts -- this lasted all of two weeks before Celestia showed up at our front door. I answered her persistent knocking and opened the door to see her with a worried expression on her face.

"Princess Celestia. This had better be important," I stated flatly.

"Amethyst, I would request a favor of you," she said, her head lowered a little.

"Ask away, Celestia."

"I realize now I may have acted somewhat hastily in relieving you of your position as Solar Regent," she said softly.

"What was that, Tia? You want me to return to your post?" I asked, a grin widening on my face. Her wordless response was expressed by her lowering her head even further, her ears drooping as well. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Seriously, Tia? What about Luna? Twilight? Or is it that you need ME to take over? I can't believe it's only been two weeks," I said, then sighed in resignation. "We've just established ourselves here."

"Be that as it may, Amethyst, I have certain ... needs ..." she paused for about ten seconds before she continued, her voice lowered a bit more, "And I have become too bored to continue doing this. So please, Amethyst, for my sake, I need you to return to Canterlot. I may not agree with your judgment regarding your way of ruling Equestria, but ... you have been quite fair, for the most part. I apologize for my earlier outburst and shall return your regalia." She produced my regalia from somewhere and placed it on my body, much to my chagrin.

"So basically, you're making me an offer I can't refuse -- must you be so pushy? You haven't even given me an opportunity to present my case," I noted with some exasperation.

PreviousChapters Next