• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Reconciliation?

"Damn! Why did I have to go and open my mouth like that?" I thought. My emotions were in a tangle and I had to go find Trixie -- I was already starting to develop deep feelings for her, and setting her off like that made me feel absolutely terrible. I figured the pony I needed to talk to at this moment was the Sun Goddess herself, so I made my way towards the Royal Throne Room, hoping to get a chance to speak to Princess Celestia. I trotted towards the throne room, considering the lateness of the morning. I called for Trixie a few times to see if she might respond, but got nothing but odd stares from some of the ponies I passed on my way there. I was hoping I was not too late.

Standing in front of the huge double-doors leading to the throne room were a good number of ponies of various descriptions, each with their matter of importance. Day Court was going to be rather hectic today. "Is Trixie in line or has she already made it inside?" I silently asked myself. I strode past the line of ponies who stared at me in disbelief, some of whom glared at me in disapproval. At the very front of the line were a pair of Royal Guard unicorn stallions who wore very stern expressions.

"Please, good sirs, I must speak with Princess Celestia, it is extremely important!" I stated.

"Weren't you already here, Trixie?" one of them asked me. "Back of the line, like everypony else, Trixie."

"Princess Celestia knows that there are TWO Trixies here -- the real one, who must have been here earlier, and ME -- I am Michael Walker, and request an immediate audience with her Majesty! The matter is of critical importance!"

The two guards looked at each other quizzically, then opened the doors for me. Seated on the throne was the regal white Alicorn herself. She frowned at my appearance, but urged me to approach her.

"Are you Trixie or are you Michael?" she asked, glowering at me.

"Your Majesty, I must apologize for making Trixie sad. I am Michael, and I hope I might be able to reunite with Trixie. If she has been here, do you know where she may have gone?"

"Michael, I have some bad news for you. If what you say is true, then I fear I may have made a mistake. Trixie must have told me false about her identity -- she requested the amulet I gave you and as I mistook her for you, I gave her that amulet."

I exhaled sharply through my nostrils. "Your Majesty, this is my fault. She told me that she loved me, and I responded by telling her that I needed more time to let her know my true feelings for her. I am very sorry and I must track her down so I can apologize and let her know how much I care about her. Can you track the magic signature of that amulet? I believe it may lead us to her."

"Yes. She used it to teleport from this room as soon as I gave it to her. If you were her, where do you think she would have gone first?"

"My first guess would be the Library in Ponyville -- her rivalry with Twilight is the stuff of legends, from what I've heard. That's where I'd head first. She may not want to see me, though, so I don't know if I should ask for your assistance or that of your sister. I have no idea of how powerful that amulet is, or what her mood toward me would be."

"Michael, as you could tell from the line of ponies outside this door, I have a very busy day ahead of me. I shall provide assistance in another fashion -- I will give you another amulet so that you will be able to face her without being disadvantaged by her augmented magic abilities." She produced an exact copy of the blue Alicorn Amulet and gave it to me. I placed it around my neck, feeling the power surge through me once again.

"Thank you once again for your help, your Majesty. I plan on returning both amulets to you shortly." I saluted her and teleported to Ponyville at this point. Celestia chuckled and returned to her business, allowing the next pony in line to enter.

---------------------------

"...And then he told Trixie he was afraid of being hurt again!" she wailed.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Trixie," Twilight said softly, a forehoof draped around Trixie's withers.

"Trixie, I'm sorry," I said, a bit loudly to get her attention.

"YOU! Why did you come here? To torment Trixie again? Trixie does not want to talk to you!"

"Haven't you hurt her enough?" Twilight scowled at me.

"If you two will give me a moment to explain myself," I started.

"Trixie has no time for explanations!" she shouted, her sadness cutting through the air.

"Will you just LISTEN to me!" I called out to her. "How many times do I have to tell you I'm sorry!"

"Trixie doesn't believe you!"

"I wish you wouldn't try to rush things! I told you it's gonna be six months for that divorce to be finalized! I want you to spend that time with ME!" I yelled at her. A crowd of ponies had gathered to watch this spectacle of two Trixies shouting at each other. Trixie turned to look at me at this point.

"You ... want ... Trixie ... really? Do you really mean that, Michael?" she asked, another tear trickling its way down her muzzle.

"I wouldn't have told you otherwise, dear Trixie," I said. "The way you make me feel -- I haven't felt that way in a VERY long time! I want you to know that I'm not afraid of you, just that I don't want to be hurt again. HOWEVER, I came to the realization that love is stronger than fear, that love must conquer fear, that love will overcome all obstacles."

"Does ... does that mean ... that ... you ... love ... Trixie?" she asked, the hesitation in her voice as it cracked again showing just how much pain I had caused her. This was not a time for hesitation on my part -- even though I was afraid to admit it to myself, I was compelled to answer in the affirmative at this point.

"Yes, Trixie. Yes it does. I cannot deny my feelings for you are stronger than any I have felt for anypony else in a very long time. You make my heart do flip-flops in my chest. You make me go all aflutter when I'm with you. Holding you close these past two nights has made me feel like I'm in heaven, and your companionship is something I truly crave. Trixie, will you please accompany me? I need you."

This small soliloquy caused everypony within earshot to applaud in approval. Trixie beamed the biggest smile I had ever seen on anypony's face. She trotted over to me and hugged me with more ferocity than I could possibly imagine her doing. Then she gave me a very passionate kiss on my lips. We stayed like that for a bit longer than we should have. Twilight cleared her throat loudly to distract us long enough to break the embrace.

"Will you two either get a room, or come inside the library where we can sort everything out?" Twilight said impatiently.

Both of us chuckled nervously but followed her inside. "Sorry about that, Twilight," I said, grinning sheepishly. Trixie grinned at me and giggled.

"Trixie wishes you had told her that earlier, Michael. Why did you hurt Trixie the way you did?"

"Please understand where I'm coming from, Trixie. I've been married for more than 20 years, and that relationship hit a brick wall more than 15 years ago. I have been miserable for the past ten years or so and finally meeting somepony who could make me feel young again caused me great emotional turmoil. I never meant to hurt you or lead you on, Trixie."

"Trixie accepts your apology, Michael. Please don't hurt her again."

"You have my word of honor, Trixie."

"Do you Pinkie Promise me?" she grinned. Pinkie Pie poked her head from around a corner.

"Oh goody! We can have a 'Trixie made up with herself' party! Are you two going to get married? How soon? Hey, maybe I should start planning the Two Trixie wedding party!"

"Pinkie, I have to wait until my divorce is finalized -- that could take at least six months, possibly longer depending upon how mad Brenda gets. Her attorney might want to string the case out as long as possible, especially if she were to find out that I intend to marry Trixie upon the finalization of that divorce," I stated flatly.

"YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!" Trixie exclaimed excitedly, jumping around like Pinkie Pie when she's very happy. I chuckled at the sight. Twilight showed an expression of high amusement as well.

"I've never seen her this happy before," Twilight mused.

"But first, Trixie, I need that amulet back, please," I said softly.

"Trixie wants to keep this amulet!" she protested.

"It doesn't belong to you -- I need to return it to the Princess. Please return it, Trixie."

"Please let me wear it a little longer, Michael," she pouted.

"I can't do that, Trixie. It has to be returned -- it's only supposed to be used when the Elements are needed, and not for any other purpose. Please return it."

"Trixie cannot give it back! She will not do that!" she exclaimed, her eyes flashing blue in anger.

"Please don't make me get the Princess involved in this matter, Trixie. I would hate to have to do that. Please give the amulet back to me. Now."

"You will have to take it from Trixie!" she shouted, her anger increasing. "Anyway, I see YOU have one of these as well! Why don't YOU give YOURS back to the Princess?"

"Because I have to give both of these amulets back to her, Trixie. She gave me this one in case I had trouble retrieving the one she mistakenly gave you. Please return it now before I have to take more serious measures to remedy this situation."

"Come on, Trixie, give it back to him. Don't you love him?" Twilight asked.

"Trixie NEEDS this amulet!"

"I'll go get Princess Celestia," I said to Twilight. I teleported to the castle.

"Where did he go?" asked Trixie.

"You're in trouble now, Trixie. You should have returned the amulet to him when you could have. Now he's gone to inform Princess Celestia of your refusal to cooperate," Twilight admonished her.

"Then Trixie must find a hiding place! The Princess cannot have this amulet back!" she cried. She then teleported herself somewhere...

PreviousChapters Next