• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Stuck in This Form

"Trixie is so happy to see you ... Amethyst?" the azure unicorn cantered over to me and tried to embrace me, but since I was a good two feet taller than her, she ended up wrapping herself around the upper part of my fore-legs, nuzzling against the lower part of my neck. My golden collar impeded her from a full embrace.

"Trixie, certain ... things ... happened in your absence," I stated flatly. I turned my attention to the Sun Goddess. "Celestia, is it possible for me to be returned to my previous form as a unicorn?"

"I wish I had better news for you, Michael, but unfortunately, once you have been transformed into an Alicorn, you cannot revert to your previous station as a unicorn. If you like, you are able to change your appearance to match that of your previous one, however that will not change the fact that you are now and forevermore an Alicorn. How you choose to proceed with your responsibilities will determine whether you are a friend of mine, an ally, or perhaps something ... less than that. Be that as it may, if you wish to marry Trixie, the wedding may resume if you like."

"Trixie? Do you still wish to marry me?" I asked her.

"Trixie does not know what to call you ... and she does not know if she can marry you like that," she said sullenly.

"I want you to know that I love you, no matter what decision you make. I would like to repeat my earlier speech to you, though it was the Changeling Queen who was impersonating you," I said softly.

"What did you say to Trixie?" the azure mare asked.

I repeated to her what I had said earlier. This brought tears to her eyes. "Trixie is very happy to know you love her so deeply! Trixie would be honored to be your mare, but she does not know if she can -- Trixie has been thinking..." she said as her words trailed off.

"Where were you while Chrysalis was acting in your stead?"

"She had sealed Trixie in some green slimy goop, but with the assistance of Princess Celestia, the great and powerful Trixie was able to make her triumphant return! But Trixie has been thinking about what it might mean to marry a Prince, and she is not sure if she should."

"I am willing to marry you, my love. The decision is entirely yours, and if you're not ready right now to make that decision, I shall wait for an answer when you are ready. Princess Celestia, where is everypony else?" Trixie smiled at me, but it was a demure smile, one which seemed to hold an inner sadness.

"We are holding the reception party in the Grand Ball Room. You two are welcome to join in the festivities if you like," she responded. "I shall escort you there. Michael, if I may ask you a question, why do you wish to be returned to a unicorn?"

"The responsibilities of being an Alicorn are perhaps too great a burden for me, your Majesty. I am deeply honored and humbled to have been granted such status, but truthfully, this is something I never anticipated, nor did I really want. It pains me to know that I will now live forever, and will be entrusted with a very high level of responsibility," I stated rather glumly.

"You have proven to me already that you are more than capable of handling such responsibilities for the most part, and even though you have made a few mistakes, to be honest, even I have made mistakes in the past. I firmly believe you will be able to meet this new challenge you have been presented with."

"One of the other problems I will have trouble dealing with is watching everypony I know and love age and die before my eyes. It will make me very sad to see them go long before I want them to," I said as I tried to maintain my composure.

"Yes, I can see where that would be a problem. As I'm sure you're probably aware, I have lived for centuries and I have witnessed countless ponies live, age, and die before my eyes. I will tell you this: every single pony's death, regardless of whether it be to old age or otherwise, brings a tear to my eyes, even after all this time. It is an indisputable fact that you will have to experience such sadness for as long as you shall live. That is one of the lessons I wish to teach you, Michael. I will teach you more in the morning -- please stop by my bedchambers before dawn tomorrow, I have something very important to teach you at that time."

"What, are you going to teach me how to raise the sun?" I asked incredulously. Trixie started to open her mouth to say something but was cut off by Celestia's response.

"Yes, Michael, and in case you hadn't noticed, your cutie mark has changed ever so slightly." I turned to notice that my four stars had changed from orange to bright yellow, the circles in each one the same white to match the color of my coat. The stars had also aligned themselves into a diamond shape, with at least one point of each star touching the point of another. "One other thing: once I have finished teaching you what you need to know, you will no longer be allowed to stay in my realm -- you will have to return to your homeworld to serve as its Solar Regent."

My jaw dropped, apparently seeming to unhinge. "WHAAAAT??!?" Apparently, Trixie's reaction was very similar to mine as I watched her jaw drop as well.

"Well, you certainly can't serve as Regent of the Sun in MY realm," she grinned.

"I was hoping to make a new life with Trixie," I stated sullenly. "If I HAVE to return to my homeworld, I won't be able to do that."

"Perhaps she might like it in your homeworld," Celestia offered.

"Trixie is of THIS world, not mine," I replied with some exasperation.

"Trixie, would you like to join Michael when he returns to his homeworld?" asked the Sun Goddess.

"Trixie knows next to nothing about Michael's homeworld other than what he showed her -- and Trixie does not like what she saw there!" the blue mare replied.

"Celestia, there are no ties to bind me to that world," I protested.

"You certainly can't stay HERE any longer than I want you to," was her response.

"Anyway, how do you know I have become a Solar Regent for my planet? Who's to say that that world still doesn't revolve around its Sun, its Moon revolving around it? Who's to say I need to return to that world to serve the purpose of raising and lowering both Sun AND Moon?" I asked, which seemed to annoy the Princess.

"It would appear to me that you still have a great deal to learn, Michael. For now, I suggest that you and Trixie attend the reception and meet with the others. I will devise a syllabus for your lessons while you two enjoy yourselves. Please understand I do this not to disappoint you, Michael, but to prepare you for your new duties. You do not have to like it, but it serves as your new obligations as not only an Alicorn, but as a Solar Regent as well. You are free to explore as you wish for now, Michael, but I require your presence at my bedchamber before dawn. Please don't disappoint me by being tardy."

PreviousChapters Next