• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

"Hey, Ammy, what'd you think of Xerxei?" the white unicorn stallion asked me. "She sure knew how to get your blood pumping, didn't she?"

We trotted back to the Castle at a relatively leisurely pace. "There's something about her that just doesn't seem right, Shining. I half-way wonder if she might be a changeling. The last time there was a wedding at the Castle, the Queen and her Army got involved. I have a sinking feeling in my gut that history might repeat itself once again," I stated flatly.

"And if it does, the Queen is going to get her flank kicked again!" Shining Armor laughed confidently. "She should know better than to try to mess with us!"

"Considering the fact that Trixie's been acting weird lately makes me wonder if she too has been replaced by a changeling. If that's the case, I'm really worried for her. I hope she's okay."

"Well, I'm sure Princess Celestia can help you with that matter as well, Ammy. Let's hurry it up a little, it's getting late and we'll need to get some rest for tomorrow."

"Ee-yup," came a response from Big Macintosh.

We started trotting a bit faster to get back to the Castle, mostly in relative silence except for the occasional comment about a restaurant or some other food vendor's stall, most of which were empty given the lateness of the hour. I had much to think about and sleep wasn't going to come easy for me tonight. My adrenaline in anticipation of the wedding ceremony kept my mind racing. We made it back to the Castle in little more than half an hour, then made our way to our respective rooms. I trotted down the hall to Twilight's room and knocked. Spike answered the door.

"What do you want, Ammy? Do you know what time it is?" the dragon asked in a very annoyed tone of voice.

"I needed to ask Twilight to see if she could scan for changeling activity," I replied with deep concern.

"Can it wait until morning? It's too late for me to wake her."

"Okay, Spike, I guess it can. I think there's some dirty work afoot, and I don't like it at all." I turned back toward my room but then another idea came to me. I decided to visit the Royal Throne Room to see if Princess Luna might be able to help me, so I trotted in that direction. I was stopped by a Royal Guard unicorn who prevented me from venturing further.

"Where do you think you're going?" asked a Royal Guard mare.

"I seek an audience with Princess Luna," I offered.

"The Lunar Princess is not receiving visitors at this late hour. Please return to your quarters. You must rest for your ceremony tomorrow."

I tried to step around her. "Please! It's very important! I think Trixie might have been replaced by a changeling! I need to be sure, and I think Princess Luna can help me!"

The mare blocked my path, stepping to match my attempt to bypass her. She was having none of it. "Return to your room, Amethyst. You may address your concerns tomorrow with Princess Celestia."

I hung my head and sullenly returned to my room to get some sleep. At least the bed was quite comfortable ...

------------------------------------------------

It took quite a while for me to fall asleep, and my first dream that night involved me and Trixie trotting down the aisle to meet the Sun Goddess who was to conduct the ceremony. We were at the point where we were to exchange rings, and then I watched in horror as Trixie transformed into Chrysalis, the Changeling Queen. At that point, chaos ensued as everypony gasped. I watched Princess Celestia use her magic against Chrysalis, only to see a repeat of what happened the last time that challenge occurred. Then worse occurred: countless numbers of changelings swarmed into the throne room where the ceremony was taking place, grabbing ponies left and right. I turned to angrily face Chrysalis.

"I can't believe you ruined what was to be the happiest day of my life," I said to her incredulously.

"I can't believe you didn't plan for this occurrence," she chuckled. "They always said revenge is a dish best served cold."

I tried to strike her with my right fore-hoof, but she easily blocked my attack. "How foolish do you think I'd be to allow you to try a physical attack against me? I am far more powerful than you think!" She laughed, and used her magic against me. I felt myself being immobilized by her magic, then hypnotized by those glowing green eyes of hers, then a slimy substance enveloping my body before I lost consciousness.

I woke up in a cold sweat after that nightmare. "Whew, what a terrible dream," I said aloud to myself. I laid back down again to try to resume sleeping.

My second dream involved Trixie and me finding ourselves back in Rarity's basement, with me strapped to a table and Trixie being suspended on a hook about five feet above me and ten feet away from me. Slight trickles of blood dripped from Trixie's rear hooves onto the floor. Both of us had been stripped of our horns so neither of us could use magic. Rarity informed us that we were both going to die, but that I could prolong the occurrence of my death by asking Rarity to administer electric shocks to Trixie.

I had to shake myself awake from that nightmare. "Not again, not Rarity," I said to myself. "This is getting ridiculous."

My third dream involved Trixie and me some time in the future, having been married for quite a long time, possibly as long as my previous marriage. Trixie and I were having yet another argument about nothing special, but that she accused me of cheating on her with Twilight Sparkle. I tried to calm her and told her that I would never cheat on her, but then Twilight came in through our front door, looking like she was eight months pregnant with a foal.

"Hey, Ammy, I'm going to name her Garnet, like you asked me to!" the lavender unicorn grinned.

"Trixie KNEW you were cheating on her!" the azure unicorn screeched. She lit her horn and used her strongest attack spell against me, giving me no time to react. My body was reduced to a pile of dust, as she had been practicing attack magic for such a long time that her attack magic had grown extremely strong.

"Uh, Trixie, Big Macintosh is the father of the foal I'm carrying -- Ammy had given me a suggestion for the name," Twilight offered meekly. Upon hearing this, Trixie broke down, sobbing and wailing loudly.

"Oh, Celestia, WHAT HAVE I DONE??!?!" she wailed.

I woke again in a cold sweat. "I don't think I'm gonna get any sleep tonight," I muttered to myself. I lay back down and rested, trying to keep from having any more nightmares.

PreviousChapters Next