• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Germination

Rarity is probably notorious for taking an hour or more just to make sure a pony's measurements are correct. Her meticulous attention to detail is testament to the quality of her work and it shows with every article of clothing she has ever crafted. Since I was in a new body and had somewhat unusual measurements for a pony, it took her considerably longer to take my measurements and double, triple, and quadruple check them just to ensure a correct fit. I had to stifle giggles at times as my new body seemed to be a bit sensitive to touch, even though she did her level best to avoid tickling me -- eventually she gave in to her temptation and tickled me mercilessly, giggling and laughing at my pleas to get her to stop.

"Rarity, what if Trixie decides to come up here and sees us like this? She might get the wrong impression," I pleaded.

"You are so ticklish, darling! I couldn't resist. Now that I have your measurements down exactly, I'll get started on some designs for you. Trixie will have her turn when I'm done with you!" she chortled. She disappeared into another room to start on her sketches. I took a seat on a chaise lounge that seemed to appear from nowhere to wait on her. Trixie came into the room at that point.

"What is taking so long? Trixie grows impatient," she grumbled.

"You're not familiar with how Rarity works," I explained. "She's a perfectionist, so she insists on making sure all the numbers match when she takes measurements. It cuts down on the amount of wasted fabric and other materials. I believe the phrase 'measure twice, cut once' applies to her."

"Whatever. Trixie hopes her outfit will look nice for our wedding."

I gave her a quick kiss on her muzzle. "I'm sure it will, Trixie. I can't wait to see what she comes up with for both of us."

Pinkie Pie poked her head through the doorway. "You two coming back down to join the party again?"

"Pinkie, you know how long it takes Rarity to take measurements and sketch designs for outfits? When she gets in the zone, she can get lost for hours. I'll try to make it back down there before too much longer. Truthfully, I'm a little hungry -- is there any food left?"

"Sure is!" she grinned and popped a cupcake in my mouth, causing me to gag on it. I coughed a bit, trying to catch my breath.

"Pinkie, I can't eat a whole cupcake all at once -- I like to savor it bit by bit," I said, trying to fit my words between coughs and feeble attempts to eat some of the cupcake. She giggled at the sight and Trixie giggled a little as well. I had made a mess on the floor, wasting some of the cupcake and frosting. I used my magic to conjure some napkins to clean up the mess, placing the soiled napkins in a waste basket.

"Sorry about that, Ammy! Here, have another one," she said cheerfully, using her hoof to give me another cupcake. "Hey, Trixie, you want a cupcake too?" she asked, holding out another cupcake in Trixie's direction.

"Thank you, Pinkie Pie," Trixie said, taking the proffered cupcake in her magic aura, nibbling lightly from the confection.

"See you guys later, I'm headed back to the party!" Pinkie chimed cheerfully and left, trotting down the stairs. Trixie waited for Pinkie to finish descending the stairs before scooting a bit closer to me on the sofa. She kissed me on my muzzle after finishing her cupcake.

"Trixie can't wait to see what design you choose," she said softly. She gazed into my orange eyes and I returned her gaze. Her greyish purple eyes seemed to draw me in and I could swear I could just gaze into them for hours. I gave her a very quick and short kiss on her lips.

"I'm looking forward to our wedding -- I don't think I've ever been happier in my life than when I'm with you, my dear Trixie," I whispered to her. She blushed a bit at that, smiling very broadly.

"You make Trixie very happy, Amethyst -- to be honest, Trixie can't remember a time in her life when she has been happier either!" she giggled and returned my gesture of affection with a kiss of her own to my lips.

"I hate to intrude upon you two lovebirds, but I have finished some designs for Amethyst," Rarity offered, catching both of us in the middle of our little display of mutual affection. Trixie and I exchanged a sheepish smile, a light rouge coloring our cheeks.

"Trixie would like to see what you have designed for Amethyst," she said optimistically.

"You'll be able to see it when it's finished, Trixie -- you wouldn't want him picking out your wedding dress, now would you?" the alabaster unicorn chided gently.

"Trixie has heard great things about your designs -- she hopes you'll come up with something magnificent for her!"

"But of course! I need to take your measurements as well, but please allow Amethyst to peruse my designs so he may select his preference. I will let you know when I have finished sketching designs for your ensemble, Trixie."

She turned to me and showed me several designs, running from simple to flamboyant to outright ostentatious. I saw a design with epaulets -- and since I'm a sucker for those, I selected that one. I suggested a single stripe of bright orange to accentuate the design a little, just on the front of the jacket. I was to wear a hat as well and I suggested a thin orange headband around the base, an idea she approved. Satisfied with my choice, she took Trixie into her workroom to take her measurements.

I made my way back to the party which was still in full swing on the main level. I met up with Pinkie Pie to set up plans for the wedding ceremony and reception to be held in the Castle. Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and I discussed all the necessary preparations for the upcoming wedding, taking into account the details around catering, music, decoration, floral arrangements, and overall size of the reception, along with post-ceremonial activities. Rainbow suggested DJ P0N3 for the dances after the ceremony. I mentioned not having heard about this DJ, but was assured the music would be top-notch. Ultimately, the discussion turned toward the financial aspect, as this wedding was still going to be fairly costly.

"I'm sure Princess Celestia can help out on that aspect," Twilight offered.

"She has already proven to be exceptionally generous on my behalf, and I am truly grateful for her generosity. I wonder what preparations she is making for this wedding," I mused.

"Knowing Celestia, I believe she would be clearing her schedule for that day's activities," the lavender mare postulated.

"I hope nothing bad happens -- I want that day to be perfect!" I said with some enthusiasm.

PreviousChapters Next