• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
My Parents Have a Talk with Twilight

Twilight led my parents on a lengthy tour of the Castle, but also asked them many questions about me. They answered her questions as best they could, giving her fresh insight to my character. She expressed a desire for a foal of her own and hoped she would be able to conceive fairly soon. When she told my parents about her little tryst with me, they were shocked and complained about the fact that I was married to Trixie. The lavender Alicorn tried to assuage their concerns by informing them that ponies had a different way of doing things than humans, and since Trixie had been gone for about three years, not informing anypony of her whereabouts, she figured that the show-mare had simply either decided to abandon her responsibilities or had perished in an accident or something. This elicited further shock from my parents, who demanded to be returned to their home and that they be allowed to see me before they left.

"I apologize, Stan and Martha -- I was unaware of human custom. I will escort you back to the Throne Room, where you can wait on your son's return. I believe he has already left with Celestia on their mission to defeat King Sombra," she stated flatly. "I wish you could understand my desire -- helping raise little Marina has given me inspiration to have a foal of my own. I know it may sound callous to you, but mares outnumber stallions by at least three to one. Since your son is the only known male Alicorn, that makes him unique! Only he can sire an Alicorn foal -- and I hope to be the first to carry one for him!"

"It sounds to me like you might already be doing that," my dad stated flatly. "I hope you prove to be a better mother than Trixie -- and I hope my son comes to his senses regarding that pony. From what you've told us, she sounds like bad news. I believe he might be happier with you." Twilight beamed a big smile upon hearing my dad say this.

"Maybe when he gets back he can file for divorce against her," my mom mused.

"It's not that simple here, Martha -- only Celestia can annul a marriage, and both parties have to express a strong desire for an annulment of their marriage. One does not simply enter blindly into such an important pact -- though I think your son might have been blinded by his desire for Trixie. He has seen her true colors, though I don't understand why he still wants to stay with her."

"As you might have heard, my son had originally married a black woman, much to our chagrin. We were very disappointed in him and we told him that she was nothing but bad news for him. We watched in dismay as his life unraveled and he lost almost everything he once held dear. He alienated us and his brother too," my dad said somewhat sullenly.

"I'll have a long talk with him after he returns and takes you two home. I can't take you there as I am unfamiliar with your world and don't know how to get there -- at least, not yet anyway," the lavender Alicorn offered.

"If there's enough time, we would like something to eat before he returns," my dad said in an almost quizzical tone.

"Oh, but of course! I'll take you to the dining hall. We have the best chefs in all Equestria working at the Castle!"

"I wonder what's on the menu," Stan mused.

"Amethyst has told me about the human diet on several occasions -- our chefs will do their best to accommodate your tastes, but if the food is not to your liking, I'm sure they can find something you will like," Twilight stated as they made their way to the dining hall.

"You were referred to as the Princess of Magic -- pretty fancy title there," Stan offered.

"After being called that for more than three years, I never tire of hearing it myself! Even so, I wonder why Celestia took Amethyst with her instead of me -- I don't want to see him get hurt!" the lavender Alicorn said with a hint of exasperation.

"Maybe she needed to talk to him about something and didn't want you or us to hear it," my mom offered.

"Even so, he's the only Alicorn stallion I know of! Marina needs him to be there for her as well!"

"What was Trixie doing for those three years?" asked Martha.

"She was traveling around Equestria, taking her magic show from one town to another. She had a little trouble in Las Pegasus, requiring Amethyst's attention and then she seemed to disappear for the next two years," Twilight stated flatly.

"Who was taking care of Marina during that time?"

"I was, and Amethyst had requested another unicorn mare to serve as a surrogate mother as well. He would spend as much time with her as he could, though his days were pretty hectic while Celestia was away on vacation. Spending so much time with Marina seemed to have inspired my maternal instincts which is why I decided I wanted to have a foal as well."

"What if Trixie finds out he cheated on her?" asked my mom.

"She might go berserk again and try to attack him like she did that one time in Las Pegasus -- although her magic is no match for his, since he's an Alicorn now. It would be extremely foalish of Trixie to attack him. Either that, or she might become so depressed ..."

"Would she become so depressed as to commit suicide?" my dad asked.

"For Celestia's sake, I hope not. I will keep a close eye on the situation, though I hope it doesn't come to that."

"Are you going to tell Trixie about your affair? Or is ... Mike going to do that? Or are you going to let Trixie find out on her own?"

"Um, well ... I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," Twilight stated almost meekly as they finally arrived at the entrance to the dining hall. My parents followed the lavender Alicorn into the large hall and took seats near one end of the table, the end chair being reserved for the Solar Princess, though I had usually sat in that chain during Celestia's absence. An earth pony mare came to the table to take the dinner order and returned to the kitchen.

"What sort of future do you plan on having with our son?" my dad asked.

"I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, Stan, but Alicorns get to live for a very long time. I hope Amethyst and I can spend many centuries together, raising many foals!" Twilight beamed.

"And they'll all be Alicorns as well?" asked my mom.

"Well, yes, of course!"

"How many do you plan on having?" asked my dad.

"I don't know yet -- but the amount of time that passes between each foalbirth may be several years or longer. It also depends on Celestia, and a little on Trixie. Amethyst told me that he and Trixie were supposed to be together for 70 years, but ..."

"It sounds to me like Trixie didn't seem to be all that interested in staying with him," my dad mused. "If she had truly loved him, she should have stayed here with him instead of leaving to do her own thing. That was rather selfish of her."

Unbeknownst to them, Trixie had sneaked out of her bed and had trotted to the dining hall herself in order to get something to eat. She had caught the last part of what my dad had said just as she was about to open the door to the dining hall, and upon hearing it she galloped back to the room she was being held in, sobbing loudly, a few tears trickling their way down her cheeks. She reached her bed and collapsed face down on it, wailing loudly.

Back in the dining hall, the same earth pony mare who had taken their orders brought their food out to them. Upon tasting the food, my parents were quite thrilled by the quality and complimented the ponies on the wonderful food. They wanted to show their appreciation by leaving a tip, though the paper money was more of a curiosity than a meaningful gesture of thanks. Twilight was amused somewhat, but also took the opportunity to examine the rectangular pieces of paper, noting the fine details of the printing, commenting about how interesting the portraits were.

"So this is what passes for money in your world?" asked Twilight.

"Different countries have different types of money," my dad stated. "Mike would probably be able to tell you a bit more about it than I can, as he has an interest in such things."

"I will make a point of doing that. Thank you for showing me this, it's quite fascinating. Stan, Martha, if you're finished eating, I think it's time for us to head back to the Throne Room," the lavender Alicorn stated. My parents nodded and followed her through the hallways back to the Throne Room, not too far away from it, nor too far away from the room Trixie was staying in. As they passed by that room, they could hear a soft moaning and sobbing sound from behind the closed door.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" asked Marina, a look of concern on her face.

"Amethyst ... doesn't ... love ... Trixie ... any ... more!" she wailed, a fresh round of tears making their presence known. Marina tried to comfort her mother, nuzzling against her, then laying down beside her on the bed. Trixie's sadness seemed to infect the little filly as well as she silently wept with her mother.

PreviousChapters Next