• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
What's Done Is Done

Back in the other universe, my parents were starting to grow impatient. Twilight tried to reassure them that I would be back before too much longer, but graciously offered them a room for the night. They were placed in the room next to Trixie, who seemed to be muttering to herself and talking softly to Marina. The words were unintelligible, but an occasional word could be made out. The tone of her voice was very downbeat, causing my father to worry a little. He went to her door and knocked on it.

"Who is it?" asked Trixie.

"Stan Walker," came my dad's response. A light rustling noise came from behind the door as Trixie shifted the covers of her bed.

"You may enter," she said flatly. My dad noticed she had been crying.

"What's wrong, you look sad," he observed.

"Trixie thinks your son does not love her anymore," she replied sullenly. Marina hugged her mother tightly.

"Did he actually tell you that? Or did you hear something that made you think that? He hasn't told me that, and if I were you, I'd wait until he actually said those words before making any hasty decisions, Trixie. My opinion of you has largely been based on what I have heard about you -- you will have to make amends for your selfishness to gain respect," he admonished.

"Trixie is sorry -- I know I acted selfishly -- but I couldn't stand being around here while he was acting as the ruler of Equestria -- it gets so boring around here, and as Trixie told Amethyst, she has always lived for traveling -- the roar of the crowd as they cheer their approval is like -- it makes me feel good when I hear them cheer me on!" She smiled at that last thought.

"Perhaps you could show me and my wife what you're capable of doing," he mused.

"Not tonight -- maybe tomorrow," she responded.

"Tomorrow sounds good, but we're hoping to return to Earth soon. I hope my son returns safely -- the mission he's on sounds rather dangerous."

"I hope he returns safely as well. We are going to have a very long talk when he gets back -- I want to make sure he loves me and nopony else!"

"You should be willing to allow him some discretion, Trixie -- don't try to chain him down, he doesn't react well to that."

"Trixie does not want to share his love with anypony else! Amethyst is Trixie's stallion, not some ... what do you call a stallion who wants as much sex as he can get?"

"I believe the term we use is 'playboy'," Stan mused. "You should forgive him any weakness since you were away from him for three years."

The azure mare hung her head sadly. "Yes, you're right. It was wrong of me to be gone for such a long time. I promise I will treat your son better than that in future, just so long as he respects my wishes as well."

"I believe that's what he'd expect of you, Trixie. If you don't mind, I believe it's time for my wife and I to get some rest. If we're lucky, Mike will return before dawn."

"Good-night, Stan," Trixie said, offering a small smile.

"Good-night, Trixie," my dad replied, then left her room and returned to find Martha already asleep. He climbed into the bed with her and drifted off to sleep, admiring the comfort of the bed.

"Mama, I hope Daddy returns soon too!" Marina said almost petulantly before snuggling under the covers, huddling close to the show-mare.

-------------------------------------------

We flew to the tower to make up for lost time and ascending its height was a challenge. Eventually we came to a landing at the very summit of the dark tower, using magic to force our way into its interior. Sombra was waiting for us, grinning evilly as he prepared a barrage of spells, his eyes burning with a dark purple mist.

"I thought you'd make this sort of entrance!" he chuckled. "Now you face the full fury of my wrath!"

I had already prepared a raft of spells, assisted by Nightmare and the two Celestias. Trixie and Twilight flanked us, their horns glowing with their magic as they erected barriers to protect us. The others took positions in order to surround the King as our entrance served as a distraction, the ostensible purpose to allow the Elements of Harmony to work their magic upon the black unicorn. None of us responded to his taunts or braggadocio as we concentrated on defeating him instead of trying to talk to him. This was a time for action, our faces set with grim determination upon our goal.

"What are you doing? Do you really think you can hope to defeat me?" he bellowed, casting his gaze around to see himself surrounded. He immediately changed into a mist and tried to escape.

"Not this time, Sombra, we were prepared for that," I stated as my horn glowed with a black aura, surrounding his misty form and encasing it in an invisible cube. His form flitted about inside, bumping against the interior walls of it with increasing speed and force as he tried to escape. He was quite strong, but Nightmare assisted me in containing him in his invisible prison.

"Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!" his voice rang out, increasing in its stridency and urgency as he began to panic. The mist continued to move more rapidly and forcefully as his panic continued to increase in its intensity. I lowered the cube to the floor, the Element Bearers in their positions. They slowly began to levitate, their bodies glowing with the harmonic magic. Nightmare and I released him from his imprisonment, though now we held him in our auras until the rainbow-hued vortex surrounded him completely. The eyes of the Element Bearers all turned solid white as the magic emanated from them and crashed upon the dark King, swirling him around until it stopped.

"Ha, ha, hah! It didn't work!" he laughed.

"Actually, yes it did," I said. "This version is time-released to counteract any counter-spell you might have readied against it."

"What do you mean?" he asked fearfully as his body began to disintegrate, slowly dissolving and turning to dust.

"You were never meant to live a thousand years, Sombra," I stated firmly. "So your age is finally catching up to you."

"NOOO!" he screamed as his voice faded away with the last of his body. All that remained was a pile of charcoal-grey dust, which I swept into a dustpan and emptied into an urn. I capped the urn and sealed it with magic wards to prevent any possibility of his escape, then levitated it over to the native Celestia.

"His remains are a gift I present to you, Celestia. Keep them in a safe place and let no pony open that urn," I advised.

"Well, that ended pretty nicely! Now, Amethyst, if you don't mind, we have some unfinished business to attend to," the black Alicorn said, just barely able to contain her laughter.

"Very well then, Nightmare, I guess a promise is a promise," I stated with great resignation. "But let's find a more secluded location for this activity. Celestia, Twilight, Trixie, Diane, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack -- it was a pleasure meeting all of you. I will do what I can to return someday and spend more time with you. I wish to thank all of you for a job well done!"

"Okay, Amethyst, that's enough pleasantries! Come with me, I know just the place for us!" the dark princess grinned. We touched forehooves together and teleported to her private bedchamber in her castle in the Everfree forest. It had been about four years since anypony had last been in this castle, but Nightmare was easily able to restore her bedchamber to its former glory.

"Are you ready to get started? I'm curious to see how well you can perform," she said, smiling warmly.

"Um, yes, well ..." I hesitated.

"Don't get cold hooves on me, or I'm liable to lose my patience with you," she said a bit more sternly. "Don't ruin my mood, Amethyst, unless you like to experience pain."

-------------------------------------------

The two Celestias shared a pleasant conversation over tea for about an hour or so, commenting on various subjects. The Element Bearers were once again praised for their courage and saving Equestria once again. They expressed an interest in visiting the other universe and meeting up with their counterparts again as well as Rarity and Spike. Trixie expressed an interest in meeting Princess Luna, though the native Celestia informed her that Luna was here, just in the form of Nightmare Moon.

The visiting Solar Princess expressed some reservation about allowing the Nightmare to remain in her current form, the possibility of the native Celestia being banished again presenting a persistent danger. The native Celestia confided her concerns, though she suspected that if such an event came to pass that either Twilight or Trixie or both of them would return to request assistance from one of the regents, whomever it currently happened to be. Eventually Celestia bade her counterpart a warm farewell and teleported back to her universe.

The others expressed some degree of curiosity as to my whereabouts, though the native Celestia surmised that I was with Nightmare in the other castle. "He should be finishing up with her fairly shortly," she mused, chuckling softly.

I teleported to the throne room, meeting up with the native Celestia and the other ponies. "She likes to bite," I grumbled. "I take it your counterpart has already left for her universe?"

"Indeed she has, Amethyst. If you don't mind, do you think you could stay here for a little while?"

"My parents are back in the other universe, Celestia. I must return them to their world now, but rest assured, I shall return in the not too distant future."

"Take care, Amethyst. I look forward to our next meeting, whenever that may be."

"Remember what I said," Trixie offered as she galloped to me and embraced me in a tight hug.

"Of course, Trixie. I wouldn't forget about you!" I chuckled, returning her hug and giving her a small kiss on her muzzle. She blushed slightly at that and smiled. "Farewell, all of you! Thank you again for your help! I look forward to meeting you all again someday," I said, giving all of them a big smile before I turned my back to them and teleported back to the other universe.

----------------------------------------

I teleported directly to the room Trixie and Marina were staying in, bypassing the throne room in favor of reuniting with my wife. I slowly made my way to her bedside, though it was still dark outside. She was sleeping, breathing softly, little Marina curled up against her. I summoned a large pad and a pillow, placing it next to the bed and laid down upon it to get some sleep myself. It had been a long day and I was quite tired.

PreviousChapters Next