• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
A Most Horrible Dream

A/N: I must warn readers that this chapter contains graphic descriptions of violence and gore, which some may find offensive and/or disturbing. This has also been rewritten as a dream sequence.



Trixie and I chatted with each other as we made our way through Hoofington to her mom's house, which seemed to be on the other side of town from where we had stashed her caravan.

"I hope she has some breakfast ready, I'm starving!" I grinned. "I wonder what she looks like..."

"Trixie thinks her mama will have something ready," she mused.

Before much longer, they arrived in front of a relatively small one-story bungalow painted a light green with a thatched roof and white trim.

"Trixie, how long has it been since you last saw your mom?" I asked with some hesitation.

"Trixie thinks it's been about five years or so since her mama kicked her out of the house."

"Do you think she'll look upon us kindly? If it's been that long..."

"Trixie thinks her mama will be happy to see that she is married now." She knocked on the door with her right fore-hoof. An older very dark blue mare opened the door. She forced a smile upon seeing us, but allowed us inside.

"Midnight Lulamoon?" I asked, maintaining a respectful tone.

"Ah, so my daughter has told you my name. And you are?" she asked, her voice raspy and harsh. I wondered how long she had been smoking as I noticed an ashtray full of crushed cigarette butts.

"I am Amethyst Flame and your daughter and I very recently got married. We happened to be traveling and thought we'd pay you a visit," I offered kindly.

"Please, take a seat," she said, gesturing over to a couch in the front room. "My daughter seems to have good taste in stallions. Amethyst Flame, eh? Cute name."

"Mama!" Trixie protested.

"Well, Trixie, it's been about five years, hasn't it? Why haven't you written? Why haven't you come back sooner?" asked Midnight in a somewhat irritated tone.

"Trixie has written, mama! Don't tell me you never received Trixie's letters? Trixie has been traveling all over Equestria trying to prove herself as being the most powerful sorceress of all -- she has been working to make something of herself!"

"Trixie, dearest, please stop referring to yourself in third person when you are in my presence. I find it very annoying," her mother complained.

"Mama! Trixie -- I -- have been doing that for so long that it takes a great deal of effort for her, I mean, me, to change the way Trixie -- agh! I talk!"

I had to stifle a giggle at Trixie's pained attempts to stop using third person. Midnight appeared a bit more irritated by her oldest daughter's speech pattern.

"Trixie, at least try a little harder. Would you two care for something to drink?"

"Water is fine for me, ma'am," I stated.

"Tr -- I will have some coffee with a dash of cinnamon," Trixie replied.

"Of course. You haven't changed much, have you, Trixie?" her mom chuckled as she entered the kitchen to get our drinks. It seemed like it took longer than necessary for her to return, a glass of water and a cup of coffee in her telekinetic aura. She set the drinks down on the table in front of us and we sipped casually on them, chatting about recent events. For some strange reason, I was starting to feel a little sleepy and light-headed. My vision started to get blurry.

"Y-you p-put ... s-something ... in m-my ... w-wat--" I tried to speak, but fell unconscious onto the floor.

"W-what ... d-did ... y-you ..." Trixie said as she lost consciousness.

-----------------------------------------------

When I came to, I was in a very dark room and couldn't see anything at all. There weren't any windows in the room and there didn't appear to be any light filtering in from a door. Instinctively I lit my horn to cast an illumination spell -- except that when I tried to do that, a sharp shooting pain hit the top of my head.

"Aaa-ow!" I shouted, the pain searing through my skull. I felt some sort of liquid lightly dribbling down my forehead.

At the sound of my cry, the room was suddenly illuminated with an intensity that hurt my eyes. I tried to move my right fore-leg to shield my eyes and found that I could not move it or any of my other legs. I tried to lift my head so I could see what was going on, but apparently my neck had been strapped down to a cold stone table. Strong straps held my legs in place as well, though I couldn't see them.

"Aha! The stallion is awake!" came a raspy female voice.

"Where am I? What's happened to my head? Why does my right flank hurt like that?"

I heard her chuckle a little. "Well, you're in my basement for one thing -- oh, and if you think you're getting out of here, you can get that thought out of your head right now. As for why your head and right flank hurt, well, I've decided to take a couple of souvenirs from you," she said, levitating my horn and a diamond-shaped piece of my coat which featured my cutie mark of four suns. "You have a unique cutie mark -- I suspect it has a great deal more significance than you're willing to admit. It will make a very nice addition to my collection!"

"You're not going to get away with this!" I shouted at her defiantly. "When Trixie finds out about this --"

I was interrupted by derisive laughter. I felt the table being lifted by her magic, now placing me in a vertical position. She rotated the table around to show me something that made my jaw drop -- Trixie's body was laying in the corner nearest the table, her cutie marks cut off in rectangular shape, her horn broken off, a massive puddle of blood around her body, streaming towards the center of the room. As the shock of seeing my new wife's dead body wore off, tears of anger started streaming down my cheeks. I let out an involuntary cry of anguish and screamed her name.

"Trixie found out too late, Amethyst -- she can't help you now," Midnight said very icily.

"What kind of monster are you that you would kill your own daughter?!" I nearly screamed at her. "You killed my wife!"

"Maybe you don't understand what I had to endure, Amethyst. When she turned 18, I told her she was to leave the house and never return. I meant what I said."

"So why kill me?"

"I can't leave any witnesses. There is something else I would like to show you," she said, maintaining her icy tone. She rotated the table again. The wall to my right had a patch-work quilt of cutie marks she had taken from her previous victims. I lost count after about 40 or so. The wall to my left had a display rack with various body parts also taken from said victims. I saw about 20 unicorn horns and at least 10 pegasus wings. Apparently she had killed a griffon as well, as I saw what appeared to be the wings, claws, beak and tail of some large bird-like creature. A bit further back, but still easily visible was a large white canvas that had several statements on it. I silently read them for a moment before a fresh shock hit me. My mouth opened again, my eyes going as wide as they could, the pupils diminishing to pinpricks.

"Yes, you're going to die, Amethyst. Don't beg me for mercy, don't ask me to let you go, don't do anything to make me any angrier than I already am."

I couldn't help but whimper and cry Trixie's name a couple of times.

"You say her name one more time and I'll cut your tongue out! You like that?" she growled at me. "And the same holds true for ANY of those statements on the canvas back there!" As she said this, she had a rather large knife in her deep blue aura. She moved closer to me, to my left side facing me. She stood near my midsection, using the table to balance herself on her hind legs. I followed her gaze down to ... oh no. Not that...

"Please ... Please ... No ..." I whimpered.

In a fit of rage, she screamed nearly as loud as she could. Using her telekinesis, she pulled my jaw apart and my tongue out as far as it would go. She made the knife slice about half my tongue off, blood spattering on her face as she cut it off. I tried to scream as the pain overtook me, my tears streaming down my cheeks like rivers of sadness and pain.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO BEG!!" she screeched. The knife flicked across my face a few times just for good measure, inflicting large gashes in my cheeks, ears and muzzle.

"AAAAH! AAAAAAAHH!" was about all I could spit out as my mouth filled with the blood from my severed tongue. I coughed a few times to keep from choking on my blood.

"The reason I'm not going to tear your eyes out ... just yet ... is that I want you to see everything I'm going to do to you!" she cackled. She took a cleaver from out of somewhere and lined it up with one of my hooves. There was a part of me that wondered if that would allow me to slip that leg from out of the strap holding it down after she chopped it off, but the straps were so strong and secure that the leg in question would remain secured even after she chopped its hoof off. I watched in horror as the cleaver was brought down with immense force and completely severed the hoof of my right rear leg. I wailed as loudly as I could, though doing so caused more blood to choke me. I coughed and sputtered to expel the blood, which flowed down the front of my body.

Almost as an afterthought, she took the other knife in her aura and cut off my glans, causing me to emit a high-pitched shriek of extreme pain. Blood gushed from this wound, making a large puddle on the floor under my body. The blood loss was starting to make me feel very faint at this point and I lost consciousness again, my body going into full shock.

"Somepony help me please," was the last thought that ran through my mind before my spirit departed my body. I could only watch helplessly as she took another knife and plunged it into my heart and pulled it out just as rapidly, causing a massive spray that seemed to cover everything in the room. My lifeless body spasmed and jerked wildly as the muscles contracted violently. The deep blue mare cackled in maniacal glee at having brought about the deaths of two more ponies.

-----------------------------------

"Luna, did you just feel something happen? I believe I might have heard a cry for help," the Solar Princess stated with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Tia, We felt this disturbance just as you have and We have heard his cry," she stated solemnly. "I was trying to warn you against granting our fledgling Prince his desire. It would appear he has been lost."

"Luna, we must find him if we can. Let us start in Ponyville -- I believe Twilight may know which direction he and his wife chose to travel."

The Royal Sisters immediately teleported to the Golden Oaks Library to meet with Twilight. Rather impatiently, Celestia tapped on the front door several times.

"Princess? It is unlike you to knock so hard so many times," said the astonished librarian. "Both of you? It must be something VERY important!"

"Indeed it is, Twilight. We need to know where Amethyst and Trixie chose to go -- we feel something truly terrible has occurred," the white Alicorn stated, trying to mask her concern as best she could.

"Um, he said something about Hoofington," Twilight replied. "What do you think may have happened?"

"Twilight, We would like you to accompany Us," the Lunar Princess requested.

The three of them then teleported to Hoofington, where Twilight spotted Trixie's caravan. The three of them then inspected the caravan to find it empty.

"There are still traces of their magic here," Celestia observed. "I shall search to find the most recent location of the magic signature."

They teleported yet again, this time stopping at the front of Trixie's mother's house.

"The trace leads here," Celestia stated flatly. "They must be inside somewhere."

Princess Luna knocked on the front door and waited. Moments passed with no answer. Celestia then knocked on the door.

"Open up, whomever it is who lives here! Princess Celestia commands it!"

A few more tense moments passed and there was still no answer. Princess Luna exhaled sharply and used her magic to blow the door off its hinges.

"Luna, was that strictly necessary?" asked her sister.

"We felt that the matter was of such importance that any further delay --"

"Enough, Luna. You have made your point. Hello? Anypony in here?"

An eerie silence filled the front room, but the first thing that caught the attention of them was a spilled glass of water and cup of coffee. The scent of cinnamon from the coffee told Twilight exactly who had been drinking it.

"Trixie was here," Twilight observed. "And I'm pretty sure Amethyst was with her as well."

While the three were pondering the next course of action, the sound of a door being opened further inside the house caught their attention. They waited for a moment to see a blood-spattered dark blue unicorn mare enter. As soon as she saw the Royal Sisters, she froze, her eyes going wide as saucers.

"Who are you?" Celestia asked her. "Are Trixie and Amethyst Flame here?"

"Um ... your Majesty ... I am ... Trixie's mother, Midnight Lulamoon," she replied, hesitation and fear coloring her words.

"Where are they?" asked the Lunar Princess. The blue mare turned her head to her left, as if to look behind her. The Royal Sisters observed this faint motion of her head and proceeded in that direction. In the kitchen, there was a door leading down into the basement. Twilight followed, but was turned back by Luna upon making this grisly discovery.

Princess Celestia emerged from the basement, her expression one of bewilderment. In a sense, she looked as though she were about to vomit.

"I have been alive for a very long time, yet I have never seen such a grotesque display of cruelty," the white Alicorn stated, her words almost shakily coming out of her mouth. Luna glared at the dark blue mare, who was now trembling and cowering in fear.

"Midnight Lulamoon. You are under arrest for the murders of your daughter, Trixie Lulamoon, and her husband, Amethyst Flame," Celestia stated firmly. Using her magic, she removed the dark blue mare's horn and bound her. "Luna, we will need to retrieve the bodies, and identify the cutie marks of those whom she has killed previously."

Twilight was about to enter the basement to see the sight for herself, but was abruptly stopped by the Lunar Princess.

"Twilight, We feel it is best you not see what that room looks like. Verily, the sight turns OUR stomach, so We can only imagine your shock at seeing such brutality."

"Yes, Princess. How bad is it?"

" ... We'd rather not say. Even describing it ..." Luna began, but let her words trail off as freshly reminding herself of the horror made her wince yet again. "It is best not to think about it, Twilight. They will receive a proper funeral."

---------------------------------------

A forensics team was sent to the house to collect the remains of Trixie and Amethyst, along with the cutie marks and body parts of Midnight's previous victims. A state funeral with full honors was held in Canterlot for the newlywed couple who had been so brutally murdered by her mother, who had been placed in a cell in the Dungeon to await her certain execution.

In all, Midnight had killed 48 ponies and a Griffon, who had yet to be identified. Her execution was carried out three days later.

PreviousChapters Next