• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
An Interesting Encounter

"Aaah! Aaaah! AAAAHH!" I woke with a start, screaming my head off. Rarity hurried into the room I was sleeping in, the sheets wet with my sweat.

"Darling, what's wrong? A bad dream?" she asked with deep concern.

"Uh, yeah, I guess you could say that," I replied nervously. I checked my forehead with my right fore-hoof, finding my horn intact, not missing. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"You're safe here, darling, nothing to worry about. Tell me, what were you dreaming about that scared you so badly?"

"Um, well ... you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you," I chuckled nervously. "I promised my wife I would meet up with her before my birthday was over."

"Well, darling, from what you were telling us last night, maybe she doesn't deserve some pony like you," she chortled.

"Um, I made a Pinkie Promise?" I half-offered.

"You'd better keep it then," she sighed. "Please hurry back, we need you for our presentation before Princess Celestia."

I got up out of the bed and apologized to Rarity for leaving so hastily as well as leaving it sweaty and hurried down the stairs and out of the boutique. I lit my horn and started galloping as quickly as I could towards the Library where my car would still be waiting (I hoped). I dashed by a cloaked figure, not wanting to spend any more time here than was absolutely necessary. Whomever it was decided to follow me, although considerably more slowly than my panicked pace. My expression showed a deep fear -- I did not feel safe here at all. I was seriously considering not returning as that dream seemed far too real. About seven minutes of galloping at top speed got me to the Library. I wasn't sure what time it was, but I knew it had to be pretty late. I knocked on the door, hoping Twilight might still be awake, perhaps reading a book or studying some arcane spell. I heard a grumbling and squeaking steps on the stairs.

"It's 2:30 in the morning, Trixie, what in Tartarus do you want?" asked a very angry Spike, still rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"I need to talk to Twilight, it's extremely urgent. I had a wicked bad dream while sleeping at Rarity's place," I said. I was still shaking with fear.

"Can you wait till morning, Twi just went to bed about an hour ago."

I hang my head, my ears drooping. "Okay, Spike, I'm gonna go home. If Twilight asks, I will be back as soon as possible. Sorry to have woken you." I turn around to face my car and the cloaked figure walks up to meet me. As she pulls back the hood, I notice something very familiar about her. "It's a good thing Spike already went back inside, he'd freak out if he were to see THIS!" I thought.

"Trixie wants to know why you have chosen to mock her like this!" she shouted at me.

"Pleased to meet you as well, Trixie," I grinned. I enlarged the glowing ball of light to illuminate both of us better.

"Hey, Trixie, turn out the lights, I'm trying to get some sleep here!" Spike shouted through the wall. I chuckled.

"Trixie is waiting! Tell her who you are! Tell her where you came from!" she exclaimed, sounding rather indignant.

"I think you'd be better off if I showed you what's going on," I said. "I had a bad dream over at Rarity's place, and I'm headed home now. Join me if you want," I offered. I telekinetically opened the driver's door to my car, the dome light illuminating the interior. "Trixie, there's a question I have for you -- why didn't you freak out when you saw me?"

"Trixie has more important things to worry about than freaking out over seeing another copy of herself -- Trixie has seen many things in her time, and another version of herself is nothing special."

"That leaves me feeling disappointed," I chuckled.

"Trixie is amused by your reaction," she giggled. "Trixie wants to know why you were sleeping at Rarity's place."

"We were celebrating my birthday and I had too much to drink, so I was taken to Rarity's to spend the night. I had a terribly awful dream so I came here to talk to Twilight."

"When is your birthday?"

"First day of August," I said proudly.

"Th-th-that's Trixie's birthday!" she stammered.

"Happy birthday, birthday girl!" I laughed.

"What manner of machine is this?" Trixie asked, curiosity replacing her indignation.

"This is my ticket home, Trixie. As I said before, you're welcome to come along for the ride, so to speak," I grinned.

"You're not going to hurt Trixie, are you?" she asked nervously.

"Not at all, Trixie. I actually have a good amount of respect and admiration for you. I wouldn't have chosen to be you otherwise," I chuckled.

"Trixie ... I ... what? You have ... respect ... and ... admiration ... for Trixie? Really?" she grinned.

"But of course! I have wanted to meet you face to face for a long time!"

"Oh, of course! The reputation of the Great and Powerful Trixie extends far and wide! Trixie deigns to accompany herself wherever she may choose to travel!" she laughed.

"Okay, I'll open the passenger side for you. Hop on in!"

"Where are you taking Trixie?" she asked as her uncertainty returned in full force.

"We're going to my home -- I have to talk to my wife for a few minutes, you're welcome inside my house as long as you behave yourself."

"Your wife? You have a wife? But ... but ... you're ... me?"

I chuckled. "I would like to show you what I look like as a human, I'm actually a male human who has chosen to be you for the time being, mostly as a birthday present for myself. Do you promise to behave yourself?"

"Trixie makes no promises," she stated flatly.

I turned the car on. "Anaylzing driver and passenger data. Data confirmed. Good morning, Beatrix Lulamoon and ... Beatrix Lulamoon? Why are there two of you here?"

"TS, one of me is the human you transformed. The other Trixie is the real one. We are going to my human home on Earth," I replied matter-of-factly.

"Target destination acquired. Preparing to teleport," came TS' cheery voice. Trixie appeared frightened for a moment as the car enveloped itself in a magenta aura, everything turning white for a second, then the car materializing in the driveway of my human home on Earth.

"TS, magic battery level?" I asked.

"Magic battery level, 37 per cent," she replied in a slightly sad voice.

"Okay, we'll get out and I will recharge them for you again. Trixie, I'll need for you to exit the car -- oh, you can open your eyes now, we're here!" I giggled. She opened her eyes, then shut them again, even tighter this time. "Trixie, I need you to get out so I can recharge the car's magic batteries. Come over to my side of the vehicle and wait a moment for me if this new environment has you so spooked."

"Trixie is not spooked!" she shouted as she opened her eyes. "Trixie will stand by your side of this ... vehicle." She hopped out of the car and trotted around it to my side. I used my telekinesis to close her door and hopped out on my side, closing the door after me. I stood by the front fender and used magic to recharge the batteries, my horn glowing a pale pink. It was still dark outside and I was curious to know what time it was.

"Okay, Trixie, I'm done with that task. Let's head inside." I trot towards the front door of our house but Trixie is still standing by the car. "Trixie! Come up here!" I shout at her. She shakes her head for a moment and slowly makes her way to the front porch.

"Trixie is not so sure about this," she said nervously.

"Oh, my name's Michael, by the way. Sorry not to have made a proper introduction earlier," I chuckled. I used my telekinesis to unlock the doors and open them. It was dark inside, so I flipped on a light switch, illuminating the foyer. "Come on in, Trixie, I'll show you around."

"Trixie has never seen anything like this," she mused. She followed me inside the house, marveling at everything she saw. She looked downstairs, the basement still dark. I checked the kitchen to see what time the stove clock had on it. The time showed as 2:17 AM.

"Let's head upstairs, I think my wife is in our bedroom." I closed the doors behind us, locking them as well. Trixie looked up the illuminated stairway leading to the upper level hallway. "I hope you don't get too freaked out about seeing a female human for the first time," I chuckled.

"Trixie has seen lots of things! A female human shouldn't be too scary," she stated flatly. I heard footsteps on the floor of our room. Apparently, Brenda had woken up after hearing us talking. She came into the hallway and saw us at the base of the stairway.

"Mike, you promised me you'd be back ... why are there two of you?"

"What ... what ... what ... is ... that?!" Trixie asked in her fright. She retreated behind me.

"Brenda, I'm sorry I didn't make it back earlier -- I had been at a party and had a little too much to drink, so I was allowed to sleep it off a little. I had no idea that it would be this long. The other Trixie you see here is the real one, the one I might have told you about earlier. Trixie, this dark-skinned woman is my wife, Brenda. She won't hurt you, at least, I don't think she will," I said, trying to reassure the azure unicorn.

"Why is it that she does not recognize Trixie?" asked the mare.

"Your reputation is not as wide-spread as you might think it is," I chuckled. "Anyway, Brenda, I am on another mission. I have another universe to save."

"No you don't! You're not going anywhere, Mike! You take Trixie back where you got her from and come back here! You're not going on any more missions! I only allowed you to do this because it was your birthday, but now your birthday's over! We've got lots of things to do when you get back!"

I lit my horn and charged up a ball of light. "I still have magic at my disposal, Brenda. I have a universe to save whether you like it or not, and there's nothing you can say or do that will dissuade me from accomplishing that mission! And when I get back and change myself back into a human, I'm filing a divorce against you!"

She dashed down the stairs, her hand open as if to strike my horn. I moved out of the way, her hand connecting with the wall behind where I was standing. "Damn you, Mike! Stand still so I can hit you!" I used a short-term freeze spell on her, one that would wear off in about five minutes.

"Brenda, I don't have time to be bucking around with you. I have things to do, and I can't have you trying to stop me. Trixie, let's get going, there's another universe I want you to see," I called to her. She had gone into the living room and was staring at the very large TV which dominated that room.

"Mike, what is this large black thing here?"

"That's a television, but we have to get going, Trixie. Take my hoof, there's another Ponyville I want to show you. Would you like to meet another version of yourself?" I chuckled a little after asking this question.

"Trixie has met enough of herself and does not want to ... wait, you said ... really?"

"One thing I should warn you about, though. We might attract the attention of Nightmare Moon with our arrival, though I hope we don't."

"Trixie is not afraid. She will accompany you!" she grinned.

"Okay, Trixie, take my left fore-hoof, and we'll be off again." She did so and I teleported the both of us to the Library in the other universe. Here, it was mid-day, the sky still being a heavy overcast. "I wonder how often a clear day occurs in this universe," I thought. I knocked on the front door of the Library and Trixie answered it.

"O-o-o-o-kay, would the two of you like to tell me what's going on here?" she asked.

"Trixie, you probably remember me as that human who visited you earlier. This is Trixie from another universe, I was curious to see how you might react to seeing a third copy of yourself," I chuckled.

"T-t-t-Trixie w-w-wants t-t-to kn-kn-know why there are th-three of her!" she stuttered.

"Trixie, meet Trixie -- check out her cutie mark!" I chuckled.

"I think that's rather uncouth of you, Michael," she stated flatly, "but I will oblige you, since I see THIS Trixie has a cutie mark that matches yours and Twilight's as well."

"Speaking of whom, why not have her come out here and meet us as well?" I grinned. "Hey, Twilight! I need to talk to you for a minute!"

She trotted down the stairs and came out the front door. Upon seeing the three of us, she started shaking her head and laughing. It sounded weird coming out of the little white box she wore around her neck. Real Trixie saw the pink and purple version of her cutie mark and a look of shock crossed her features.

"Trixie wants to know why Sparkle has her cutie mark."

"The name's Twilight Sparkle, Trixie, and I got this cutie mark when I was four years old -- it indicates my magic abilities," she said. "I would ask you the same question. Oh, and Michael, I'm glad to see you have returned. Princess Nightmare Moon was worried you might not make it back."

"Twilight, I would like to ask you and Diane to come with me to another universe," I stated. "Trixie, would you be kind enough to allow Twilight to come with me?"

"That depends upon how long you intend to have her with you," she said flatly.

"Should only be about four hours or so, give or take," I said to her. I turned to look up at the sky and saw a pink blur overhead. "Hey! Diane! Come down here for a minute!" I shouted up at her. Upon hearing my voice and seeing my return, she zoomed as quickly as she could, a grim scowl on her face.

"Tell me right now why I shouldn't thrash ... wait! There ... are ... THREE OF YA? What?"

"Diane, I need you to accompany me to another universe. I have a very interesting plan and I want to know if you might be interested in meeting another version of yourself. There is a certain sky-blue pegasus I think you'd be VERY interested in meeting!" I grinned.

"How long 're we gonna be gone fer?" she asked impatiently.

"A couple of hours or so, shouldn't be any longer than that," I replied matter-of-factly.

"Trixie wants to know why the pink one can fly," she half-asked.

"Trixie, this is Diane and in THIS universe, she's a pegasus! In the other one, she's an earth pony who likes to throw parties," I said. "In that other universe, she has no problem with her nickname being used. Diane, I hope you don't take it the wrong way when the others call you by that name as that's the name they've always used for their bouncing pink pony friend."

"Well, maybe it's not a good idea if I go with ya," she said. "But I wanna meet the other me! If ya say there's a blue pegasus -- could it be Rainbow?"

"Eeyup," I replied, giggling.

"Can she fly real fast, like me?"

"Eeyup."

"Okay, I'll go with ya! I can't wait ta meet her!" For a moment there, I thought I saw Diane's hair go frizzy...

"Will I be able to meet my other self?" Twilight asked.

"Eeyup," I giggled again.

"Okay, let's get going!" shouted Twilight with enthusiasm.

"All right, everypony, let's form a circle so I can teleport us back to my home world. From there, we'll get in my car and teleport to the other Ponyville. I believe it's still dark there, but we have a VERY special meeting ahead of us! You're not going to believe what's going to happen!" I exclaimed. I can't remember the last time I had been this excited!

PreviousChapters Next