• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Scaring Them Off

Of course, when we arrived, I hadn't taken into account the time difference between the two universes, so it was after midnight when we got there. "I'm going to have to talk to your princess about this," I stated flatly.

"Would you like to come in and get a little sleep?" Twilight offered, a bare hint of a smile on her face.

"Don't have time for that now, Twilight. We've got a Queen to deal with," was my terse reply.

"Awww," she complained.

"Come on, Twi, we'll have plenty of time for that later," Trixie giggled. "So, Michael, how are you to find the Queen?"

"She has a particular magic signature -- as an Alicorn, I have quite a few tools at my disposal. Truthfully, I did NOT want to be changed into an Alicorn -- it's too much responsibility for somepony like myself -- and I will see if I can have my Princess Celestia change me back."

"You can talk to our Celestia, maybe she can help you with that," Trixie suggested. "Anyway, I'm sorry about your ruined wedding. Maybe we can make it up to you somehow?"

"Thank you for your offer, Trixie. Are you sure you want to accompany me on this task? It could be quite dangerous."

"That's why we were sent to your universe, Michael. We did not anticipate seeing you transformed like that, though."

"Be that as it may, I wonder if you two need some rest -- I'll take care of the changelings myself."

"What are you planning to do to them?" asked Twilight.

"I may have to kill some of them to get the Queen's attention," I said darkly. The two unicorns gasped in shock as I said those words -- apparently, the Queen must have heard them as well, as she seemed to materialize behind me. "What are you two gawking at?" I asked them innocently. They pointed a hoof at something behind me and fled back into the Library. I turned around to see what it was.

"Do NOT threaten my babies!" the Queen shouted in my face. I raised an eyebrow.

"You know, you've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here," I spat.

"This place belongs to me and my army!" she grinned. "So I could say the same to you!" She tried to hypnotize me with her iridescent green eyes. I mirrored her gaze so she appeared to be hypnotizing herself, so she stopped. "What trickery is this? Who are you?" she asked indignantly.

"I have been selected to protect the ponies -- and my name is not important. You and your kind need to leave Ponyville at once -- unless you have a death wish," I said, narrowing my eyes to slits, my visage darkening considerably.

"You can't frighten me! And don't you DARE threaten ME!" she screeched. "Attack them, my children!"

Dark shapes flew through the sky in our direction as a great many changelings approached. I lit my horn, glowing a brilliant yellow, readying a massive mesh of static electricity. I wasn't going to kill them, just give them an incapacitating shock. As they came closer, I unleashed my spell, which raced through the sky to impact the approaching army. The mesh widened, covering about a third of the swarm, then the electricity in the mesh impacted the changelings. The ones who took the brunt of the shock fell from the sky, landing with soft thudding noises as their bodies hit the ground.

"MY BABIES!" the Queen screamed. She turned to me, an expression of pure rage contorting her features. "You're going to DIE for THAT!" She readied her strongest attack against me. I anticipated this and nullified it. "WHAT? Why is isn't it working?!"

"It only works if I allow it to, and right now, I'm not letting it work for you," I grinned. An evil smile had crept onto my face, and on an Alicorn, that could be a truly terrifying sight. The Queen started backing away from me slowly. I approached her as she continued backing away from me. "I gave you a chance to resolve this peacefully," I stated flatly. "And you ruined that."

"My children need sustenance! We cannot live without it!" she pleaded.

"I know what passes for sustenance for you and your kind -- this make you parasites in my eyes. Understand this: these ponies are under MY protection. You harm them at your peril. I give you one last chance to take yourself and your army back where you came from, and should you be foolish enough to attempt a return, you will all face certain destruction. Do I make myself clear?"

"Okay, okay, we'll go. But what I want to know is this -- where did YOU come from?"

"I don't have to tell you that. Now go before you make me even angrier than I already am!"

The Queen took to the sky and commanded her army to retreat. They flew off in the direction of the Everfree. I watched them fly away until they had passed the treeline. There were about a dozen changeling bodies still laying on the ground where my earlier attack had taken some down. They were still alive, so I revived them and told them to fly past the Everfree to follow their Queen and the rest of their army. They did so with extreme haste.

I returned to the Library and knocked on the front door. Twilight answered it, Trixie right behind her.

"So how did it go?" the lavender mare asked.

"I scared her away and let her know if she returned I would obliterate them," I responded flatly.

"That seems a little harsh," observed the azure mare.

"They would intend your destruction, so I told them they would share the same fate if they tried it again. They are parasites and I find them most repugnant," I said, crinkling my face to illustrate a foul smell.

"We should inform the Princess of your success, Michael," said Trixie.

"You two can do that in my absence. Right now, I need to return to the other universe and reconnoiter with my Celestia." With that, I lit my horn and teleported back to the throne room in the other universe. As Celestia had indicated, Trixie was waiting for my return. "I wonder what she'll think of the new me -- I hope I can have Celestia change me back," I thought.

PreviousChapters Next