• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
The Clean-up Begins

After reconnoitering with Trixie and ensuring Marina and Jade were safe, I teleported us back to our room in the Visage -- noticing the window was still broken, I used magic to repair it, then placed wards on the windows to prevent another incident of that sort from occurring.

"Can't be too safe anymore, Trixie -- I have to make sure nopony else tries to throw somepony out," I stated flatly as I enchanted the windows. "Nice view, though."

"Trixie doesn't feel safe here, Amethyst -- is there somewhere else we can stay?"

"Hmm. Tell you what -- lock the door behind me and I'll place wards on it so that only I may return through it. I will see to it that you remain safe here -- I'm going to have a talk with the rest of the security detail here and let them know that this casino is now the property of the Royal Throne of Canterlot and that all the employees who worked under Strong Arc are now in the employ of Princess Celestia. I will see to it that you and our foals are completely safe, Trixie," I averred. I lit my horn to teleport but Trixie stopped me before I was able to complete it.

"Please let Trixie accompany you, Amethyst -- she wants to be sure she is safe," she pleaded. I gazed into her eyes for a moment, noticing a degree of fear behind her expression. I took another moment to ponder the situation.

"Okay, Trixie, you may accompany me -- probably be best you do, anyway. Ray, you can join us as well," I offered warmly to the young filly, who bounced excitedly and giggled, offering a short, "Yay!" as she half-flew, half-cantered to my side. Her exuberance made me chuckle softly as the show-mare smiled, sidling next to me and nuzzling against me in appreciation of my kindness.

We trotted down the hallway to the elevators and rode down to the main level, the ride taking too long for my liking. Marina didn't seem to like how long the ride took either, though she was fascinated by watching the numbers count down from 50 as we descended.

"Why doesn't it show the number one, daddy?" she asked as we reached the lobby.

"I dunno, Ray, that's always puzzled me as well," I replied with a slight chuckle. "I once remember hearing a comedian talking about how they didn't know how to count down from 5, by going, 5, 4, 3, 2, M, Zed, P, B, SB1, SB2, Aaah!" I exclaimed exaggeratedly, causing Trixie and Marina to giggle in amusement as we continued trotting to the hotel's front desk. Upon seeing me, the clerk retreated to the office behind the desk -- I noticed this and frowned, taking longer strides to the desk. I tapped on it with my right fore-hoof in an attempt to get somepony's attention. The clerk returned with her supervisor, a pegasus mare who gave me a look of apprehension for a brief moment before regaining her composure.

"Ahem. I need to call a staff meeting -- it is imperative that this be done as swiftly as possible," I stated flatly.

"And who might you be?" she asked, causing me to frown more deeply.

"Remind me to ask Princess Celestia for the return of my regalia -- if I'm going to govern this city, I'm going to need it so I won't be asked pointless questions by ponies who should already know who I am and why I am here. Ma'am, I have been assigned the task of governing Las Pegasus under authority of Princess Celestia. The previous owner of this casino, a unicorn stallion by the name of Strong Arc has been arrested for murder and foal-napping. The new owner of this casino is Princess Celestia herself -- I have received her assurance that I am to assume control of the properties previously owned by Strong Arc and that all employees under his purview now work for the Crown. I am now your supervisor," I stated, flashing a grin before resuming my neutral expression. I watched her eyes go wide as saucers as I relayed this information. To dispel any doubt of my statements, I flared my wings as a display of my status as royalty.

"Um, y-yes, y-your M-majesty," she stuttered as she hurriedly began to contact her supervisor, the security chief, and various other management ponies, informing them of the impromptu conference. Trixie watched passively, an expression of boredom on her face. Marina was oblivious to the gravity of the situation, cantering around excitedly as she tried to take in the sights and sounds of all the activity going on and pestering some of the patrons. I cleared my throat to get her attention, causing her to give me a look of disappointment and returned to my side. We waited about fifteen minutes for the necessary ponies to arrive, then trotted to one of the conference rooms, where everypony took a seat after I had rearranged the tables so I would be the center of attention.

"I suppose you probably know why you're here," I began. I surveyed the room and noticed most of the ponies nodding. "Good. This is going to be short so you can return to your previous duties." I then informed them of their new owner and their new boss, though some of them expressed disbelief at the change of ownership yet again. I was asked some very pointed questions about Strong Arc and let everypony know in no uncertain terms what he had done and the repercussions of his actions. I gave them an opportunity to find work elsewhere if they did not approve of the new changes -- and none of the assembled ponies made any attempt to leave the room, though their expressions showed a degree of uncertainty.

"As your new supervisor, it is my duty to ensure that the continued operation of this casino and the others now under the control of the Crown resumes without interruption and that all employees continue their duties as previously assigned. You will continue to receive your pay as before -- there may actually be a slight increase, depending on the casino's profitability -- and you will be treated with respect. In return, I request you adhere to the standards of professional conduct required for the uninterrupted and seamless operation of the casino until this period of transition of ownership is finalized. Are there any questions?"

"What's going to happen to Strong Arc?" asked the concierge.

"He will have his day in court, though the evidence against him is strong enough to ensure a conviction. His fate is in the hooves of Princess Celestia. All of his property now belongs to the Crown," I replied flatly.

"I just hope you don't breach our contracts," the security chief grumbled.

"New contracts are in the process of completion -- your old contracts are considered void as a result of the actions of the previous owner," I stated tersely, glaring at the chief, who seemed to shrink back in his chair under my steely gaze. "Any more questions?" I asked, my face now a scowl. All the assembled ponies remained silent or shook their heads. "Very well then -- seeing as there are no more questions, you are all dismissed and may return to your previous duties. I have a few other ponies to talk to and will appoint somepony to be the lead supervisor of the casino and another to be vice-president of operations for this specific casino."

Some of the ponies grumbled as they left the conference room. "Please remember you no longer work for Strong Arc -- you work for ME now." I turned to Trixie. "Come on, let's get some sleep -- it's been too long a day for me."

PreviousChapters Next