• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
There's No Place Like Home ... Or Is There?

I was taken aback by the fact that my van was missing, so I trotted to the front door of the house. I noticed a large rectangular day-glow orange sticker placed on the storm door, which indicated the house had been placed into foreclosure.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO!!" I shouted. I teleported inside the house to see if there was anything I could salvage, but everything was gone. All the furniture, everything. I checked all the rooms. Everything. Gone. I exhaled sharply through my nostrils again as my anger started to build. I teleported to the back yard to check the garden shed to see if any of the stuff I had put in there was still there. I opened it to find that everything in there was gone as well.

I teleported to the dealership I had purchased my car from to see if they knew anything about it. Fortunately, they were still open, so I opened the door and went in.

"What the hell?" asked the guy behind the desk. "We don't allow animals in here!"

"What happened to my car?" I asked him. He fell back against the wall in shock to hear me talk.

"What? What do you mean? There's no way YOU could have bought a car from us!" he shouted in disbelief.

"Black Nissan Altima. Under the name of Michael Walker," I stated, almost angrily. Unfortunately, since I was still in Trixie's body, my anger made him chuckle.

"Okay, let me check my records. We had that ... oh yeah, it was a van with a different paint job, but the plate number matched as well as the VIN. It was repo'ed awhile back for non-payment."

"So where is it now?" I asked impatiently.

"We sold it at auction. Fetched a pretty penny, it did. We got eight thousand for it."

"I was down to four thousand against it. I'm due a refund!" I shouted at him.

"You're not going to get a penny looking like THAT!" he chuckled.

"That vehicle can turn me back into a human," I stated.

"Now THAT I'd like to see!" he laughed.

"That's why I need to know where it is. If I can't find it, I'm going to be stuck like this for the rest of my life!" I screamed at him, having lost my self-control.

"So how did you get here, huh?"

"I teleported! I can use magic -- oh wait. I can track the magic signature of that vehicle! Seeya!" I chuckled. I went back outside the small building housing the dealership's office and scanned for the vehicle's signature. Having located it, I teleported to its location. Unfortunately, it turns out the vehicle was in a police impound lot, guarded by a rather vicious German Shepherd dog. The dog spotted me and ran over to me, barking its head off at me, growling and baring its teeth.

"Hush now, I just need to get in my car," I said to the dog. The dog stopped growling and turned its head quizzically at me.

"What? That's your car?" the dog asked me.

"Yeah, I just need the key --" I began. An employee of the lot saw me and gave a command to the dog for it to attack me. The dog resumed growling and lunged at me. I teleported five feet to my left and the dog leaped into the spot I had been in and landed on the ground. "Hey! Don't attack me!" I shouted at the dog.

"Sorry, I'm just doing what my master commanded," the dog said. "You'd better leave now before things get bad for you."

"But my car!" I protested.

"It's not yours if it's in here," came the dog's reply. "Go. NOW!"

I lit my horn and teleported away, returning to what used to be my home. I decided to see if I could track down Brenda, so I teleported over to her older sister Beulah's house. I knocked on the front door and heard more dog barking. Beulah, who is Brenda's older sister and also lives in our town, answered the door. She looked down to see me, still in Trixie's body.

"Uh, did you just knock on my door?" she asked, a very puzzled expression on her face.

"Yes, Beulah, I did. Do you know where Brenda is?"

The door slammed in my face as I heard Beulah scream. I stood for a few more minutes and knocked on the door again.

"What? You're still here? What do you want with my sister?"

"Did she not tell you I had transformed into a pony? I'm Michael, you know, I married your sister ..." I grinned.

"Uhh ... well, she moved away two months ago when ... you ... disappeared on her. I had to take her to work every day after ... your ... car got taken away. Where have you been?"

"It's a long story. If she's not here, I'm not sure what to do. Our home has been foreclosed and I have nowhere to stay. I suppose I've lost my job as well, as I checked the house to see if anything was there. Don't tell me it all got thrown away!"

"I took some of the stuff and have it in here," Beulah stated. "But as for anything ... you ... might have had, yes, it's all been disposed of."

"Everything I've worked for, everything I held with any kind of value, all of it gone? What am I supposed to do now?" I asked as despair was starting to creep into my voice.

"I don't know what you're going to be able to do, looking like THAT," she said. "I don't have any room for you here."

"Looks like I'm gonna have to go back to Ponyville, then. Maybe Princess Celestia can figure something out for me," I muttered.

"Who is that?"

"You're not going to meet her, but I'll tell you anyway. Princess Celestia is the Sun Goddess for Equestria, and if nothing else, I believe she might have an answer or two for me. I suppose this is a final good-bye, and if you see or hear from Brenda, let her know that I am not coming back to Earth. Good-bye, farewell, take care, Beulah. Let everypony else know what I have told you. I will miss this place, but not too much."

"Okay, Michael, I will. Good-bye, then."

I lit my horn, a pink aura enveloping my body, and I disappeared in a flash of white light, a pink POP signalling my departure. I arrived in front of the Golden Oaks Library once again, this time in the other universe, as I had not used my vehicle for the trip. It was dark out and I wasn't sure what time it was. I knocked on the front door, and the other Trixie answered it.

"Michael? Is that you? Sometimes I have a hard time telling who is who anymore, at least since I met my counterpart who looked exactly like you," she said, giving me a warm smile.

"Trixie. Nice to see you again, my dear. Yes, it's me, Michael. May I come in, please? What time is it?"

She opened the door for me, allowing me to take a seat at one of the tables. "Well, Michael, the sun was lowered only about an hour ago. I owe you a big thank you for helping us defeat Discord again, as you left rather hastily. So what happened on your home world?"

"I wish I had better news for you. My home was foreclosed and my vehicle repossessed. I lost all my worldly possessions, and I have no idea where my wife went. I have nothing left to my name and no way of transforming back into my human self. At this point, I don't think being a human again would help me much." I hung my head and a tear trickled down my muzzle.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Michael," she said softly. She walked over to me and wrapped a fore-leg around my withers. "I suppose we could visit Princess Celestia and seek her advice."

"That sounds like a good idea, one which can probably wait until morning. I believe I owe you and Twilight thanks for your healing assistance, as I was still several weeks away from making a full recovery from my injuries."

"So who attacked you so viciously?"

"Your counterpart in the other Ponyville attacked me. Truth be told, I had developed a romantic interest in her -- I was quite smitten with her charms -- and after professing my love for her, I asked her to remove a certain amulet she had tricked our Princess Celestia into giving her. You know, the one I was wearing when we defeated Nightmare Moon and Discord. She refused to return the amulet and we had a little ... disagreement ... about it."

"So she attacked you," the other Trixie mused, but offered me a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry she did that. You know if it were me, I would never have attacked you."

"I'm sure that's true, Trixie. But I was kind of curious to know where Twilight is -- she's usually here with you, isn't she?"

"She's at the party with the others. Every pony else is there as well -- don't you want to join them?"

"I never have been much of one for parties," I stated.

"Me either," she chuckled.

"Say, Trixie, you don't mind if I spend the night here, do you? I'm feeling kind of tired."

"Guest room's upstairs, help yourself, Michael."

"Thanks, Trixie," I said as I made my way upstairs to the guest room, pulling back the covers and sliding into the bed. I must have been quite tired as I fell asleep quite quickly. Some time during the night, I felt somepony snuggle up to me in the bed. I didn't bother to check to see who it was, as the presence made me feel a little more secure and their body warmth actually did feel quite nice. I felt somepony's muzzle push against mine in an attempt to kiss me, so I decided to let the moment happen. I wasn't sure who it was, but I was too tired to keep it from happening. I felt a hoof start wandering down my body, and that's when I decided to put a stop to it. I lit my horn and saw that it was ...

"Twilight? What are you doing? I didn't think you were like this," I said, somewhat shocked by her forwardness.

"Well, I get lonely sometimes, you know," she grinned sheepishly. "Since Trixie told me you seemed so distraught, I thought maybe I could ... you know ... provide you with some comfort."

"Um, I don't mind you cuddling with me, just ... that other stuff ... maybe if I were in a better mood," I offered.

"I see. Sorry about that, Michael. I guess I'll go back to sleep with my Trixie then," she said rather sullenly.

"Uh, Twi, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you'd sleep with me anyway," I smiled.

"Okay, Michael. I promise I won't do any funny stuff," she smiled back. I laid back down and resumed my slumber, Twilight behind me now, a fore-leg wrapped around my body. There seemed to be something about that sleeping arrangement that allowed me to enjoy a very deep sleep, so that when I woke up the following morning, I felt fully rejuvenated.

PreviousChapters Next