• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria? Earth? What Next?

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I teleported to the other universe Equestria -- and once again, the time difference threw me off. I was intending to have some words with the Solar Regent for this universe as my internal clock told me the sun should still be up. I teleported to Canterlot Castle to meet with Princess Celestia for this universe, making it to the throne room. I lit my horn for illumination, creating a large ball of bright yellow light, thoroughly lighting the entire room. The throne was empty, so I trotted through the hallways to make my way to Celestia's bedchamber. Since this castle was considerably smaller than the other one in the "good" universe, it took me only about five minutes to make it to the Princess' room. I opened the door to see the Sun Goddess sleeping, breathing lightly as she slumbered. "I wonder how long she's been sleeping," I silently mused to myself. My ball of light caused enough illumination to wake her.

"Who dares disturb my slumber?" she asked loudly. She glanced around to see me standing at her doorway. "So I see you finally decided to show up. What exactly have you been doing for the last several hours? Learning how to fly?"

"As a matter of fact, your Majesty, yes --" I began.

"I want you to show me what you learned from my counterpart -- I want you to raise my Sun for me, or at least show me you can do that."

"I suppose I can give it another try, but as I might have told you earlier, doing so took a lot out of me," I explained. "Did you want me to do that right now? What about that dark King?"

"He's already been dealt with. Show me what you have learned, Michael -- raise my Sun for me!"

"Very well then, your Majesty," I stated flatly as I slowly trotted towards the window door leading to a balcony. I used my magic to search for the Sun, and upon finding it, lifted it gently into place. For some reason or other, in this universe this Sun seemed to be smaller and easier to maneuver into position. Celestia got up from her bed and made her way to stand beside me and checked my work.

"You have done well, Michael. Was it as difficult to do this as it was for my counterpart?"

"Are you sure the suns are equal in size and distance? Doing this here seemed to be much easier for me than in the other Equestrian universe," I said, matter-of-factly.

"Frankly, Michael, I wouldn't know for sure. I would have to consult with my counterpart in that other universe to see if there's any difference. Have you tried flying in this universe yet?"

"No, I haven't. Perhaps I should give it a try to see how it might work here," I offered.

"Then why not show me what you have learned in that regard as well!" she chuckled. I crouched slightly and leaped into the air again, flapping my wings to gain altitude. This also seemed much easier in this universe, and I flew all the way to Ponyville. I decided I wanted to pay everypony a visit, since I hadn't seen anypony except for Twilight and Trixie in this universe since my birthday. As I approached the little town, a bright pink pegasus met me before I made it there.

"Who are ya? What're ya doin' here?" she asked. Her expression was one of surprise mixed with some anger.

"Diane, it's been quite awhile," I replied. "I was running around in Trixie's body for awhile before I was ... promoted," I chuckled. I decided to try to land in front of the Library at this point, so I glided in again. This time, I landed quite well.

"Yer still a rookie at flyin'," she chuckled. "So, yer ... Michael, right?"

"You remembered! Good! I wanted to pay all of you a visit once again -- I haven't spent much time in THIS universe, but I would like to get caught up on all that's been going on here lately."

"Well, things have been pretty calm 'round here since ya helped us defeat Discord," Diane stated.

"Princess Celestia mentioned something about King Sombra," I stated.

"Yeah, but she 'n Twilight 'n Trixie took care of 'im, so ya don't have ta worry 'bout 'im now. So what's it like bein' an Alicorn?"

"Well, I was not happy at first -- I didn't really want this level of power and responsibility -- but I think I'm starting to grow into it. I still need more flying practice, but the sensation is exhilarating!"

"Well, I'm glad ya like it now -- I wonder how fast ya can fly!"

The two unicorns in the Library heard our conversation and exited the tree to meet us. A few pleasantries were exchanged.

"So, Michael, you came back. We were hoping you'd have shown up earlier, but we were able to address the little problem we had," Trixie stated flatly.

"And I do mean 'little'," Twilight chuckled.

"My apologies for a lack of timely appearance -- I had just gotten done raising the sun in the other universe, and it had taken so much of my magic to raise it that I needed to rest and recover. As a matter of fact, I have arrived here now after raising the sun here," I stated with some degree of pride tinging my words. This announcement drew gasps from the assembled group of ponies, who proceeded to bow before me.

"I appreciate your gestures of respect, but that is not necessary right now. Please accept my apology for not being here for you -- my state of fatigue was no excuse for me not to assist you, and for that I am sorry."

The Sun Goddess arrived at this point, gliding in and pulling up for a quick landing. "I accept your apology, Michael. I must admit, I am quite impressed by your abilities. So what do you plan on doing now?"

"Your counterpart in the other universe has more lessons for me, Celestia. I suppose you might be able to provide me with some lessons as well. There was one other matter I was meaning to ask you about -- did Applejack ever get her apple farm back? Last I heard, she was working an orange farm a fair piece away from here."

"Yes, she was given her farm back. The story of how she and her family were swindled out of it made me quite angry, and I felt compelled to address that matter in short order. She and her family now run both farms, employing a number of ponies at both farms to assist with all the necessary work entailed by such a large operation," the Solar Princess stated, smiling gracefully. "I notice you wear a ring on your right fore-leg, Michael. Does this mean you have gotten married?"

"Yes, Princess -- in that other universe, Trixie is now my wife and wears a similar ring on her right fore-leg," I said, beaming a bright smile. "We got married yesterday as a matter of fact."

Trixie hung her head, her ears drooping and tears started to well up in her eyes. "I was hoping you might remember what I had told you earlier, Michael -- I know it is wrong of me to cry over this, and I know I should wish you and my counterpart the best of luck, but to know that it is her you chose still saddens me," the azure mare said sullenly.

"My apologies, Trixie -- I'm sorry to have caused you such sadness. But mark my words -- if your counterpart treats me the way my human ex-wife did for a long enough period of time, I will return for you, and I will make THIS Equestria my home," I stated solemnly.

"Don't hold your breath, Trix," Twilight giggled. "I don't know your counterpart very well, but if she attacked him with all her might and he still forgave her, I think that makes him a little weak -- that, or he was so smitten with her charms --"

"That's enough, Twilight," I said firmly. "I've spent enough time with the other Trixie to know she will never try what she did earlier, most especially since I'm an Alicorn now. Rest assured, any altercations will be settled quickly and firmly. I don't think she wants to mess with somepony who can raise the sun," I chuckled.

"Speaking of your human ex-wife, Michael, have you checked up on her lately? Do you know what she's doing these days? Aren't you curious to know what might be happening on your home world?" asked the Sun Goddess.

"I might be more concerned about the vehicle I magically enchanted about a year ago or so," I stated. "As for my human ex-wife, well ... I seem to recall when I received the divorce decree from her that she wanted me to take her with me, though I only think I might have heard her say that."

"I would be interested in meeting her," Celestia mused.

"I have no interest in seeing her again, and frankly, Princess, if you knew what she was like for real, meeting her would be the last thing on your mind. She was the most psychologically abusive person I have ever known -- though I suppose I could bring her here, though she would have to be transformed into a pony, or maybe a zebra..." I mused.

"If you get that vehicle back, I'd like to go for another ride in it!" Twilight exclaimed almost excitedly.

"I might just do that, Twilight. I think the main reason for me to find that vehicle is so I can prevent anyone from misusing the magic enchantments I placed on it back when I was in a copy of your body. Depending on its location and condition, I may decide to take it back into my possession, though I haven't decided what to do with it at that point. I also believe I might check up on my human ex-wife to see how she's doing. If nothing else, there's a part of me that feels somewhat guilty for having forsaken her, though the way she treated me over the years left me feeling dejected and frustrated."

"I would like to join you, Michael," Twilight offered. "I want to learn something about the human world you came from."

Using my magic, I changed my appearance to resemble something closely approximating my former human form. The sudden transformation caused every pony to recoil in fear, save for Celestia, who raised an eyebrow at me.

"It would have helped had you announced your intention before effecting that change," she admonished me.

"My apologies, Princess, but this is something I must do alone, and in my human form at that. I cannot have any ponies accompanying me, no matter how curious they are about my home world. Sorry to disappoint you, Twilight." The lavender mare showed an expression of slight sadness, then pouted and gave me her best sad puppy-dog eye look.

"I see you can do that as effectively as my new wife," I chuckled. "But I'm sorry, I MUST do this alone." With that, I allowed my aura to glow more brightly and teleported to Earth, and more specifically, San Rafael, California, the place where I last had seen Brenda.

----------------------------------------

I noticed it was late afternoon, the weather quite warm, a light breeze wafting in from the west. There were a smattering of puffy cumulus clouds drifting by lazily in the sky. I knocked on the door of the apartment, or at least the one I though she was in the last time I had been here and some guy answered the door.

"Have you seen Brenda?" I asked him. He glowered at me, giving me a very angry look. His size was quite intimidating, his appearance even more so.

"Who the Hell are you, and what do you want with my wife?" he asked in a very menacing tone of voice.

"I was married to her about a year ago," I stated flatly.

"So what, you want to take her back?" he grinned. He had four gold overlays with a diamond in one on his upper teeth. His breath reeked of meat with burnt onions. I wrinkled my nose in disgust at his halitosis.

"No, sir, I was just wanting to see how she was doing. Since you're her new husband, I will take my leave. I just hope she doesn't drive you up the wall with her attitude. Good luck to you, sir." After saying that, I teleported to the sidewalk leading from the parking lot to the stairway leading up to the second floor level of the apartment building. He stood at the doorway, mouth agape and eyes comically wide in surprise.

At this point, I decided to search for my vehicle's magic signature. Locating it, I teleported to a spot near it after making certain this would not place me in danger. My vehicle had been relocated to a salvage yard, so heavily damaged that I was afraid it could not even be magically repaired. To see the van in such bad shape brought a tear to my eye, but I decided I needed to take it with me, though I wasn't exactly sure why I should.

I scanned the junkyard for another vehicle I could use for supplying additional mass for the purpose of rebuilding my van, levitating it next to the van. Concentrating, I used magic to meld the two vehicles together, then rebuilt the interior of the van, then the exterior, restoring the paint job, the tires and rims, the glass, the trim, and then the interior mechanics, including the engine, transmission, catalytic converter, and everything else that had either been stripped or damaged. I used more magic to bring the vehicle back to life, so to speak. I decided to craft a titanium key for the locks and ignition, one which resembled a key for a previous car I had owned -- an Infiniti Q45. Perhaps I had been thinking too hard about that vehicle, as the new TS took on an appearance vaguely resembling that car.

I think I might have spent too much time admiring the finished product as one of the employees of the salvage yard spotted me and the gleaming new TS. He ran toward me, his expression one of pure rage.

"What the FUCK do you think you're doing?!" he shouted at me.

"Getting my car back," I said nonchalantly, opening the driver's door and getting into the car. I put the key in the ignition and turned it on, cranking the car to life. The new 4.5 liter V-8 rumbled to life, then ran smoothly and quietly. The smell of a new car was invigorating, but that wasn't to last for long. The guy screamed at me to get out of the car, then took a baseball bat to it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I admonished him. He ignored me and proceeded to swing the bat at the windshield. "Why is it always the windshield first?" I thought. "They never learn, do they?"

"Activating self-defense mode," came a cheery female voice from the car's speakers. The car started glowing purple, enveloping the guy holding the bat with a purple aura. The guy seemed to stop in mid-swing, standing motionless.

"Was that a freeze spell you placed on him?" I asked.

"Yes, Michael -- it will wear off in about five minutes. Where would you like to go?"

"Canterlot Castle, Equestria, if you don't mind," I stated nonchalantly.

"Target destination acquired. Preparing to teleport," came the cheerful voice.

"Just like old times," I silently mused to myself as the car glowed purple again, then there was the familiar white brilliance before the car materialized in the central courtyard of the castle. It was now night-time, the moon high in the sky and thousands of stars twinkling. The chill air registered on the car's display, an ambient temperature of 34 degrees Fahrenheit. Princess Luna teleported beside the car, her expression one of deep puzzlement.

"We have many questions for you, whatever it is you are," the indigo alicorn stated.

I exited the vehicle, turning it off, then placed the key under the driver's floormat before locking the vehicle back up. I then used my magic to transform myself back into my alicorn form. "Luna, I don't know if you've ever seen an automobile before, but that's what this is," I said, pointing a hoof at it. "And the form you saw me in before I changed back is what a male human looks like, to some extent."

"Our sister has been worried about you -- she feared you might have fallen to the dark King, She wanted to teach you how to lower her Sun, but she took it upon herself to perform that duty. She will send for you in the morning, Michael."

I apologized to the Lunar Princess and informed her of my travels and the details regarding my decision to reclaim my vehicle. She was intrigued by my travel back to my home world, but let me know Celestia might be unhappy with my decision to bring the car with me. I told her I was tired and needed to rest -- hopefully I could reunite with my new wife again. Luna let me know Trixie's whereabouts, so I teleported to where she was. She was in bed, sleeping again, her body seeming to twitch and jerk a little as she slept. I think she might have been having a bad dream, so I laid down in the bed next to her, wrapping my wings around her, then drawing her in for a closer embrace. Her tension seemed to disappear as she sensed my presence and embraced me in return.

"I love you, Trixie," I whispered in her ear as I let myself lose consciousness and drift off to sleep.

"Love you too, Sunshine," she mumbled as she wrapped her fore-legs around me.

PreviousChapters Next