• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Unexpected Sickness

Trixie seemed to enjoy having me perform on stage with her and our revamped magic show got similar responses in each town we visited -- and as it turned out, news was spreading faster than our travels were taking us. As a result of the positive word of mouth, we would be greeted very warmly in each town we visited. Another pleasant surprise was that the amount of money we were collecting for our performances continued to increase, thus allowing us to save a fair amount of it for unexpected emergencies. Trixie's self-confidence likewise increased with our popularity, but about a month or so into our travels, she started complaining about being sick every morning.

"Amethyst, what's wrong with me? Why do I feel sick like this?" the show-mare asked. Before I could answer, she had trotted away from the caravan to expel the contents of her stomach in a nearby bush.

"I think you might be pregnant, Trixie," I stated.

"WHAAAAT?!"

"Don't tell me Trixie is not ready," I chuckled.

"NO! Trixie is NOT ready!"

"Perhaps we should see a doctor," I suggested.

"Trixie will take care of this on her own! She does NOT need a doctor!" she protested vehemently.

"We're not far from Manehattan -- I heard that there are some really good doctors there -- and I want only the best for you, Trixie!" I smiled warmly at her.

"Trixie knows you mean well, Amethyst, but she is scared of doctors, especially if she is p-pregnant," she said somewhat nervously.

"Okay, Trixie, we'll hold off on seeing a doctor until you feel the need to. Since we're fairly close to Manehattan, is that where we're going next?"

"Trixie thinks that's a good idea -- let's go to Manehattan!"

"You know, if we're going to be performing in Manehattan, we'll have to come up with something big to really wow them there. I believe they have become jaded on simple traveling magic shows, so there needs to be something really spectacular to impress the daylights out of them."

"Trixie can think of many things to do that -- but what about you? Your Alicorn spell seems to impress the locals every time you do it!" she exclaimed, a hint of disbelief still coloring her words.

"Like I told you before, it's a glamour -- something you should be able to do fairly easily."

"But the levitation thing! And doing the Alicorn spell at the same time!"

"Twilight said something about cross-disciplinary multi-casting, do you remember?"

"Trixie has done magic like that before, but not on that large a scale!"

"Well, you just need to practice it some more, then -- eventually you'll get really good at it. I think I've got an idea to try for our next show," I mused.

We continued chatting as we traveled that day, making our way slowly towards Manehattan. I noticed an odd chill in the air as we approached what appeared to be a natural stone bridge. Upon closer inspection, we saw something shimmering under the stone bridge.

"What is that, Amethyst? Trixie has never seen anything like it before."

What greeted our eyes was what appeared to be a vision from my human home world -- a four lane highway under a freeway overpass and in the distance were fast food restaurant logos on long tall metal poles. A certain red trapezoid with a pair of stylized parabolas in yellow meeting in the center forming a makeshift letter "M" caught Trixie's eye.

"I don't believe this. It's human culture at it's worst, Trixie," I groaned.

"Trixie is curious to know about it," she mused. "Trixie wants to see it for herself!" she exclaimed as she excitedly tried to pull me along with her caravan towards the vision.

"Trixie, stop. I think it's a trap -- I think somepony is trying to bait us into going through there. Let me try something," I stated cautiously as I telekinetically picked up a small rock and hurled it at the vision. Ripples spread outward from the rock's impact point, like concentric waves in a pond. The vision blurred, then shattered into thousands of shards, seemingly exploding from the impact point. I forcibly pushed us down to the ground with my telekinesis to avoid both of us being cut. A few of the shards embedded themselves into the front of the caravan, about where our heads would have been.

"Trixie wants to know how you knew that was a trap!"

"Somepony probably read my mind and erected that vision as if to have me think, 'Hey, a hamburger from Mickey D's sounds like a good idea right about now'."

"Mickey D's? What's that?"

"It's a restaurant that serves sandwiches made with dead cow meat and dead chicken meat, although the quality of said foodstuffs is dubious at best. Since I haven't eaten meat in several months, I believe the taste would be ... most unpleasant."

My explanation appeared to have Trixie on the verge of disgorging the contents of her stomach yet again as I saw her face change a couple of different shades of green.

"Trixie is glad we did not go there."

"Indeed. If it had been a trap, who knows where we might have ended up? I think we need to be a bit more vigilant on our travels."

Trixie nodded her head in agreement and we silently continued on our way, now paying a bit more attention to our surroundings as we traveled. We continued onward towards Manehattan and arrived about a day and a half later.

PreviousChapters Next