• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Welcome to the Real Ponyville, Trixie!

A flash of light and a light pink POP signaled my arrival back home on Earth. It still hadn't even been six hours since I had left earlier in the morning. Today was still my birthday here in my home world. Keeping track of time was going to be difficult but I figured I could manage.

"Mike, is that you?" asked my youngest step-daughter.

"Yeah, Xavi, it's me," I answered.

"You're still in that pony's body -- how long are you going to be in that body?"

"I can stay in this body as long as I want to, Xavi. I'm going out to the car, I need to talk to a certain Sun Goddess," I stated.

"Yeah, whatever. I need to go to the store and get some food! Are you going to take us?" she asked impatiently.

"Call up Katrina and have her do it. I'm not driving the car when I'm in this form!" I chuckled.

"Mike! She's not gonna wanna do it! I need YOU to do it! I'd drive myself, but I don't have a license!"

"And TS won't take you there either because of that," I added. "I need to talk to Celestia, something's come up."

"And what would that be? Can it wait until after you've taken us to the store?"

I groaned. I took the car key and went to the car and turned it on.

"TS, magic battery level?" I asked.

"Magic battery level 71 per cent," came the flat response.

"Give me a moment, I'll recharge them for you," I said, turning the car off and lighting my horn. I imbued the car with a bit of magic to replenish the reserves and called for Xavi and her kids to get in.

"Hey Mike, aren't you going to change back?" she asked incredulously.

"I could -- but then I wouldn't be able to change back into this form and I would have to take another pony's form. I'm not ready to give up being Trixie just yet." The three of them got into the back seat and I had the car teleport us to the store. I waited in the car for them to return with their food. I got a few stares from other shoppers entering and leaving the store, but other than that, no one paid me any attention, which was what I wanted. They got back into the car and I had TS teleport us back home. This drained only two per cent of the car's magic charge.

"Mike, I hate it when you have the car do that!" Xaviera exclaimed in exasperation. To punctuate her concern, her kids started crying.

"Sorry about that, Xavi, but I told you what you could have done."

"Okay, but don't do it again!"

"I have a feeling I won't be needing to," I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, showing some concern.

"Oh, don't worry about that. You go ahead and take the kids in the house. I have to consult with Princess Celestia on something."

Xaviera and her kids got out of the car, taking the grocery bags with them into the house. "TS, please let Princess Celestia know I would like to talk with her."

"Your request has been sent, Beatrix."

"TS, I am Michael, you transformed me into Trixie."

"I only verify by voice and physical data. Since your data does not match that of Michael Walker, but that of Beatrix Lulamoon, I acknowledge you as the latter," came TS's flat response.

"Is it true that this is Michael Walker?" asked Princess Celestia.

"Yes, your Majesty, I am Michael Walker, I had TS transform me into Beatrix Lulamoon. Today is my birthday, and I had chosen this form as a present to myself. I teleported using my magic to enter Ponyville, but found some disturbing changes had taken place. I have come to the conclusion that I stumbled on an alternate universe with a great many changes, most of which have proven to be very chaotic. I was wanting to talk to you face-to-face in order to go into greater detail."

"My responsibilities have me fully occupied, however I can make special exceptions for you. You may use your vehicle to travel to my realm if you wish. You have my blessing to meet me at your earliest convenience, and I am quite interested in hearing your story. If these differences between the two realms are that stark, I would appreciate a full recounting of your experiences there."

"Thank you very much, Princess Celestia. I shall teleport to your realm momentarily."

"Please give me a little while to clear my schedule for you before you arrive, Michael."

"I shall use that time to freshen up -- I was attacked by Pinkie Pie in that other universe, and I'm still a bit ruffled up because of it."

"Why did she attack you?" Celestia asked in surprise.

"In that other universe, she doesn't want to be called that -- she said she demanded everypony call her Diane."

"You have piqued my curiosity, Michael. I eagerly await your arrival as I am certain there are a great many things you wish to tell me."

"Indeed there are, your Majesty. With your permission, please allow me to take a quick shower and brush up. I shall be there as soon as I'm finished. I look forward to meeting you once again."

"You don't need to ask my permission for that, Michael! Take all the time you need."

"Thank you, Princess. I shall see you soon, then." I waited for her response, then turned off the car and went back inside. I checked my reflection in a mirror to see just how badly I needed a shower. I hadn't realized how dirty I was, not to mention the dried blood on my coat. "That's why everypony was staring at me at the store," I thought. I showered off, scrubbing my fur, mane, and tail thoroughly. I allowed the warm water to run for quite awhile, feeling the warmth reinvigorate me. The time spent in that sad universe made me realize just how nice it was to be back in a place with warm running water. I hadn't really grasped just how cold it was in that other universe and I made a mental note to inform Celestia of this fact when I met up with her. I toweled off and brushed out my mane and tail, straightening them into Trixie's trademark style, then brushed my coat out as well. I checked my reflection again to make sure I was presentable. Satisfied with my appearance, I made my way back out to the car. I got in and turned it on again.

"Good evening, Beatrix. Where are we going tonight?" TS asked.

I chuckled at the car still calling me by the name attached to the pony whose body I was currently occupying. "TS, we travel to Canterlot Castle, main courtyard. Princess Celestia awaits my arrival."

"I shall inform her of our immediate travel itinerary and to be expecting your arrival within a few seconds," came the cheery voice from the speakers. "Target destination acquired. Canterlot Castle, main courtyard. Preparing to teleport." The car glowed magenta, then a brilliant whiteness enveloped everything I could see. I felt a dizziness and lurching sensation as the car materialized in the main courtyard of Canterlot Castle. I was greeted by a contingent of Royal Guard, with Shining Armor glaring at me in disapproval. I turned off the car and stepped out, taking a moment to recharge its magic batteries. I was somewhat surprised to see that it was mid-day here in Canterlot. I also took note of how warm it was, with nary a cloud in sight -- "Just as it should be," I thought.

"Trixie! What manner of object is this?" asked the Captain of the Royal Guard as he eyed me warily.

"Shining Armor! 'Tis a pleasant surprise to meet you once again," I smiled.

"What do you mean, Trixie? Last time we met ..." his expression softened a little.

"The last time I met you, I was in Twilight's body," I stated flatly.

It took a moment for him to register this statement, then a smile crept onto his face. "Ah, you're the one who tried to pass yourself off as my little sister. Yes, I remember you! So why are you in Trixie's body?"

"Today is my birthday, so I decided to give myself a present. This vehicle you see behind me is what changed me from a human into this form. This vehicle also transported me from my human home world to this place. I apologize for the suddenness of my arrival, but I have official business with Princess Celestia."

"Wait here. I shall inform her of your presence."

"I can do better than that -- my car can communicate with her instantly," I smiled. I got back into the car and turned it on. "TS, please inform the Princess that I have arrived and am in the main courtyard."

"Message relayed, Beatrix." Shortly after this acknowledgement, the Solar Princess appeared in a flash of light and a golden POP.

"Thank you, TS. Seeya later," I said, turning off the car, exiting it, and locking it up using the fob, making the horn sound. The sound of the car's horn caused ponies to jump a bit, surprising them with its harshness. Celestia expressed a small degree of surprise at my appearance.

"Michael, I am pleased to see you could make it on such short notice. I must admit to being a bit surprised that you chose to be transformed into Trixie, though. Why have you chosen that specific form?"

"Your Majesty, I have chosen to be Beatrix Lulamoon, partially on a whim, but also to experience something different. Since I was Twilight last time around, I thought a change was needed. I suppose I may have bitten off more than I can chew by taking this form, though."

"What makes you say that, Michael?"

"Well, if I were to visit Ponyville, I'm afraid I would not be well received there, given Trixie's past actions," I offered.

"Just a small matter of informing the ponies there of your true identity -- they only need know who you are on the inside, not what their eyes tell them they see. If I remember correctly, you visited another universe. I am quite curious to know what transpired there, as well as the differences you mentioned earlier."

"There's quite a bit to take in, but I will tell you I have some suspicions as well." I told her about my unassisted travel to the alternate Ponyville, the differences between the particular universes, the fact that Nightmare Moon was taking care of raising and lowering both sun and moon, the sad state of affairs there, Rarity's execution, Spike's accidental death, the plight of the Apple family, the fact that every pony seemed depressed due to there being only six or seven hours of daylight each day, Nightmare Moon's warnings to me about my suspicions, and quite a few other observations I had made, as well as additional suspicions.

"Michael, it sounds as though Discord also walks that realm. If what you say is true, then there might not be anything you can do about the state of affairs that particular universe is currently forced to endure. I suggest you forget about them, as certain circumstances regarding the events which transpire in each universe must not be changed. Please be assured that even though what I tell you may cause you great consternation, it is in my opinion for the best that you leave them behind, that you not interfere in that universe. It is my sincere hope that you will give full credence to what I have told you."

"But there are only five Elements of Harmony there, your Majesty. I know there should be six -- I was told there is no Element of Kindness there."

"That information troubles me deeply, Michael. A universe with no Element of Kindness is a very unwelcoming place."

"Tell me about it. I was attacked by Pinkie Pie! I suppose I was wrong for taunting her, but I couldn't help myself."

"So she told you not to call her by that name. What possessed you to do so?"

"She told me Nightmare Moon stayed in a Castle in the Everfree, and that she was going to take me there. Unfortunately, I mentioned a possibility that Nightmare Moon might have killed Rarity and Spike, and she got mad at me, telling me she wasn't going to take me there. As she left, I called her by her most hated name, so she decided to respond by attacking me. I toyed with her for a little bit, simply because I wanted to have a little fun at her expense, but eventually I tired of that, allowing her to vent her frustration upon me. Nightmare Moon healed me somewhat and we had a short conversation. She warned me not to continue with my investigation, lest I provoke a very hostile response from her."

"Be that as it may, Michael, I would suggest not returning to that universe. I would also suggest you refrain from such irresponsible behavior in future, as it is unbecoming of a pony -- personally, I believe you know better. Try not to displease me further, Michael. I will tolerate your presence here, since today is your birthday, and I will encourage you to have some fun."

"I apologize for my actions in that other universe, your Majesty. I know you tell me not to interfere, but I feel a sense of obligation. Twilight and Trixie live together in the library there, and they wear opposite cutie marks. I still have a sneaking suspicion that it was Nightmare Moon who killed Rarity and Spike and is covering up their murders, however I have no evidence to support that claim. There is a part of me that wants to gather the Elements here and take them there to banish Nightmare and Discord, if he is running free and restore order and harmony to that universe."

"Your intention, however noble, is one which is misplaced in my opinion. I reiterate my earlier suggestion, and I personally hope you take it to heart. Forget about them and do not visit that universe again, for my sake as well as yours. I encourage you to travel to Ponyville and meet with Twilight. I feel you deserve a birthday party so you may celebrate in happiness, as opposed to what you described to me earlier. Just don't get too carried away and try to behave yourself."

"Thank you once again, your Majesty. I will use my car to teleport to Ponyville," I announced before entering it and having it perform the requested action.

-------------------------------------

TS teleported me to a point about fifteen feet in front of the Golden Oaks Library. The sudden arrival of the car startled everypony who could see it. This particular jaunt used about three per cent of the magic battery reserves. The sound drew the attention of Spike, who opened the front door, registering his shock at the sight of my vehicle. I turned off the car, got out, and locked it, sounding the horn again. "I need to stop doing that," I thought as I startled the ponies and saw them jump again as well as Spike. I walked around the car to greet him.

"Trixie! What is this ... thing you came here in?" Spike asked incredulously.

I chuckled at his surprise. "Spike, this is my automobile. Has Lyra ever told you about humans who ride around in metal boxes? Well, this happens to be mine," I responded, pointing a hoof at it.

"You mentioned humans? Does this mean you're a human inside Trixie?

"Yes, Spike, that's correct."

"What does that feel like?"

"Not bad, except it takes a little getting used to not having hands."

"Why does that metal box of yours have Twilight's cutie mark on it?" he asked, staring at it intently.

"Because I used magic on it when I was in Twilight's body," I replied nonchalantly. "I wanted it to be a representation of Twilight Sparkle to some degree, so I put a lot of magic into it. That was several months ago."

"Wait. You were in Twilight's body? How's that even possible?"

"I think Discord might have been responsible for that particular transformation. Unfortunately, I was only in her body for a single day. I had a lot of fun, though."

"Discord? What happened? You beat him?"

I chuckled. "No, I had the Elements help me banish him, but since there were two Rarities, he was banished permanently instead of being turned into a statue."

"Two Rarities? I wish I had been there to see that!"

"It was quite interesting. I miss being Twilight, but being Trixie isn't bad either."

"So now you're Trixie, huh? You know what we think of her here, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. I was hoping to meet Twilight -- is she here?"

"She's busy reading, but I can get her for you. Just wait here for a moment." Spike went back inside and a few moments passed. Twilight came to the front door, muttering something about being interrupted while she was reading. She opened it to see me in Trixie's body, the car about fifteen feet behind me. Her expression was one of puzzlement.

"Uh, Trixie? What brings you here? And what -- oh wait, I remember that thing! That's your automobile! Now I remember! We came to your house to banish Discord! I have been wanting to see your machine ever since we left! You're Michael! Let me get some ink and parchment, I want to know everything there is about that vehicle!" she exclaimed in her excitement.

I chuckled at the swiftness with which she was speaking. "What do you want to know about it?"

"Everything! But before I do that, though, there is something I need to ask you. Why did you choose to be Trixie?"

"Because I couldn't be you again," I grinned and chuckled.

"Oh, come on, Michael! You can't be serious!"

"It's true, Twilight. Trust me, I would love to be you again, but the car can't do that for me. I figured Trixie would be the next best thing, since she's fairly powerful with her magic. Interestingly enough, though, all the magic I was able to do while in your body is at my disposal in THIS body! So even though I might look like Trixie, I have quite a bit more magic I can use. I will admit that I am curious to meet up with her in THIS universe, just to see what her reaction would be."

"Wait, does that mean you visited another universe?"

"Yeah, I did. It was a much sadder universe, one where Nightmare Moon was in charge of things."

"So night-time eternal was the rule there?"

"Not quite -- the dark princess allowed a generous six or seven hours of daylight each day."

"That doesn't sound very generous to me!" exclaimed the lavender mare.

"I know. Everypony there seemed to be quite depressed, rather angry, on edge all the time, and their coats had dulled quite considerably."

"Sounds like Discord was running loose as well," Twilight mused, pondering this new information.

"I told Princess Celestia of my observations of that universe before I came here," I offered.

"What advice did she give you?"

"She told me to leave them be, that they had to work things out for themselves."

"Why would she say that? That doesn't sound like her," mused the lavender mare.

"I suppose it has something to do with not changing the fate of those in different places -- I believe that if I or any pony else were to interfere in the affairs of those in alternate universes, we might be changing future events. I hadn't taken that into consideration, but I believe Princess Celestia has her reasons for such an explanation. It doesn't sit well with me, though."

"That sounds depressing. Did you meet me in that universe?"

"Yes, I did, as well as my doppelganger. I also met up with Pinkie Pie, Rainbow, Fluttershy --"

"What was I like over there?"

"Interestingly enough, you and Trixie had grown up together and were in the library together. I suppose you two were sisters in that universe -- additionally, you had been struck mute and to top that off, you had a cutie mark that matches mine, and Trixie had your cutie mark, minus one white star."

"What do you mean, I was struck mute?" the lavender mare asked with a mix of surprise and shock.

"The Trixie in that universe told me you had been mute for five years, after the fall of 'The Evil One'."

"You mean Celestia was this 'Evil One' that they were mentioning? Really? That's INSANE!"

"Sure sounds like it and it seems as though everything got turned upside-down over there as well. I was trying to find more information, but kept getting warned not to stick my nose where it didn't belong."

"And you said Trixie has MY cutie mark over there? What else is different?"

I told her about many of those differences, including Pinkie Pie attacking me, which quite surprised her. A certain pink earth pony popped out from behind my car and bounced up to meet us.

"Hey, Trixie, did you say my name?"

"You attacked me in a different universe I visited earlier," I offered.

"What, you mean I tackled you to the ground and started hitting you in the face?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Your face is still bruised up a bit -- what happened?"

"In that universe, you demanded I call you 'Diane' and not Pinkie Pie," I mused. "You were a pegasus, able to fly faster than Rainbow Dash here. Your cutie mark was three lightning bolts."

"Wow, cool! I always wanted to fly! But why would I demand you not call me by my name?"

"Because you told me you had been teased about that name from the time you started school, so you resorted to beating up those who called you by your most hated name."

"I must have been a bad pony there. Anyway, you're not there anymore, and you're here now! So what brings you here?"

"You see my car over there, do you remember who I really am? Remember when you asked me if I wanted to play pin the tail and I told you I'd rather cut my left ear off with a dull hacksaw?"

She thought about it for a moment and then her face lit up. "Yeah! That's right! You were in Twilight's body then! I was wondering if you'd ever make it back here! Have you gotten over your fear of parties? Can we throw you another one? Will you behave yourself this time?"

"In my human home world, today is my birthday, so yeah, I'm up for a party. The one Fluttershy threw for me in that other universe was a rather sedated affair, even though she was as infectious and bubbly as you are here."

"What? Flutters? A party pony?" asked Pinkie, showing great surprise.

"Yeah, she's an earth pony in that universe."

"Michael, you haven't mentioned Rarity yet," Twilight mused. I hung my head at the mention of her name, my ears drooping. "Why that reaction?" she asked.

"Nightmare Moon told me Rarity had been executed for murdering more than 50 ponies in that universe -- I was in the process of investigating that claim, but I was not able to find any evidence to support it. I have a suspicion that Rarity was murdered by Nightmare Moon, as well as Spike. I also believe that Nightmare Moon was responsible for casting a permanent mute spell on you, Twilight, perhaps because you were close to revealing the truth about the dark princess."

Both ponies registered outright shock at that mention and it took a few moments for them to regain their composure. "Michael, please tell me that didn't happen! And you said Spike too? He's dead in that universe?" asked a very distraught Twilight, tears starting to well up in her eyes.

"I was told he perished in an accident in the Crystal Empire," I said as I hung my head again, my ears drooping.

"I can't believe it's that bad over there!" Twilight exclaimed in exasperation.

"Rainbow is a unicorn in that universe, and she's the one running Carousel Boutique over there."

"Hey, Twiley, Pinks, 'sup? Trixie? What are YOU doing here?" asked the cyan pegasus.

"Hey, Rainbow," I said nonchalantly. "You see my car over here? Do you remember it?"

"Aww, yeah! Now I remember! You were awesome, but not so much at that party," she giggled.

"Michael, did you meet Applejack in that other universe?" asked Twilight.

"I'm afraid not. I stopped by the farm, but found the house and farm had been abandoned."

"What? Don't tell me she's dead over there as well!" Twilight exclaimed in shock.

"No, I was told the farm had been swindled from the Apple family and that they had been forced to farm a different crop. With just six or seven hours of daylight per day, AJ had to work really hard just to stay ahead of the debt collectors. I wanted to meet her, but apparently I got distracted and went to the boutique instead."

"That's just awful! And Princess Celestia said not to interfere? That seems totally unlike her to say something like that! There must be something we can do to help them over there!" exclaimed a flabbergasted Twilight.

"Trust me, Twilight, I want to help them as well. I suppose Princess Celestia has her reasons, but for some reason or other, I feel an obligation to help you and your friends in that other universe. It might mean creating more problems than it solves though."

"I will have Spike send a letter to the Princess, informing her of what you've told me and suggest that we find a way to help out over there. If what you say is true, and I'm inclined to believe it is, then they really do need our help!"

"I'd like to meet my other self! I'll bet being a pegasus is really cool!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"I witnessed you break through the sound barrier," I smiled.

"No freakin' way!" Rainbow exclaimed in disbelief. "Pinkie broke through the sound barrier?"

"A sonic Pinkie boom, yes, it was quite awesome," I mused.

"How's that even possible?" asked the cyan pegasus in exasperation.

"It's Pinkie Pie, what else do you need to know? If any pony can do it, it would have to be her." I mused. The pink earth pony giggled and bounced when I was explaining this.

"I can't believe I'm a unicorn over there! I wonder what I'm like," mused Rainbow.

"You're quite a bit more understated as a unicorn, Rainbow. Your cutie mark over there is three circles of concentric rings of the colors of the rainbow, looking like targets. Your other self told me she's an expert marksmare."

"Sounds awesome! I can't wait to meet her!"

"You should see her mane and tail, that's quite awesome in and of itself!" I chuckled.

"Aww yeah! Does it look kinda like Rarity's?"

"No, it looks more like a mix of mine and Twilight's, which seems a little odd. She seems nice enough, though. Such a shame about Rarity -- I was hoping to get some answers, but got death threats instead."

"That's CRAZY! Why would they do that?"

"Might be something to do with Nightmare Moon being in charge of everything. I suppose she's not as kind and generous as she would have me believe."

"There's gotta be something we can do!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"I wanna help too!" Pinkie giggled.

"We'll have to talk to Princess Celestia," I said. "I hope she doesn't get mad at me for talking about this to the Elements," I thought.

"I had Spike send a letter to Princess Celestia," Twilight said. "She has written back and apparently, she's not too happy about 'Trixie' here talking about that other universe. She says 'under no circumstances are you to travel to that particular universe to help those whom you might think need your assistance. Leave them to their fate'."

"But that's just crazy and wrong!" shouted Rainbow. "I can't believe this! They need our help!"

"We can't disobey the Princess, Rainbow," Twilight said, trying to calm down the sky-blue pegasus. "She has her reasons, we're not supposed to interfere."

Rainbow landed on the ground and sat on her haunches, clearly deflated by this news. "I still think it's wrong," she said glumly.

"Hey, let's get that party going! We've got to do something to keep ourselves happy! Come on, Trix, you can come too!" Pinkie exclaimed as she resumed bouncing around.

"The name's Michael, Pinkie, not Trixie, even though I happen to be in her body. So what about the others? Have you invited them as well?"

"Sorry, Mikey, I forgot! I'm so used to calling ponies by what they look like. You're so silly when you take the appearance of another well-known pony! You should try being your own pony, not some pony else!"

"Next time, I promise," I said nonchalantly.

"Do you Pinkie Promise?" she grinned.

"That reminds me, I made a Pinkie Promise to my wife that I would be back before the end of my birthday," I stated, registering a little shock on my expression.

"Well, silly billy, your birthday's not over yet! So you can come to a party with us!"

"I would be honored, Pinkie Pie," I said. I flinched a little as I said her name.

"What'd ya flinch for?" she asked.

"I remember a bit too well what happened in that other universe when I called you by that name. I apologize for making you angry," I responded.

"That's just me in that other place, not this one! Let's get going!"

"Where's this party being held?" I asked.

"Sugarcube Corner, upstairs. It's just gonna be us girls, oh, and you too, Mikey!"

PreviousChapters Next