• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Trixie is Confused

I was awoken before dawn by a Royal Unicorn Guard who had been sent to my room to escort me to Princess Celestia's bedchamber. I rose to my hooves at the persistent knocking on the door and opened it to see a rather upset guardspony.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria requests your immediate presence in her bedchambers, your Majesty," she stated flatly.

"Immediate, eh?" I asked. I lit my horn and teleported to the door outside her bedchamber.

"I hate it when they do that," she muttered under her breath.

One of the guardsponies standing in front of the bedchamber doors was slightly taken aback as I materialized in front of the door with a flash of light and a pale orange POP. She opened the door for me, allowing me entry.

"You wished to see me, Celestia?" I asked. I was still in my unicorn sized body and the Sun Princess glowered at me.

"Flaming Star. Please assume your normal size. I request you to raise my Sun for me," she stated sternly.

"Oh, are we back on that again? Very well then, Celestia. I shall raise your Sun for you. I suspect you wish for me to resume my studies, or at least to observe the activities of the Solar Court?" I queried.

"You still have much to learn, Flaming Star. I believe you will need several months of additional training before I feel confident enough in you to assume the role of Solar Regent," she stated flatly. "Now raise my Sun for me. It is time."

I resumed my normal Alicorn size and slowly trotted out to Celestia's balcony. Bracing my forelegs against the railing, I lit my horn and searched for her Sun. Finding it, I slowly took its weight into my magic aura and gently lifted it into position. It seemed to be considerably easier than I remember it being, given how much time had passed since I had last raised the Sun. Celestia joined me on her balcony to check my work and smiled in appreciation at the fact that I had positioned her Sun properly and had treated it very gently.

"You are improving, Flaming Star," she said softly.

"I know Trixie suggested my stage name be used as a reference, but I would like to make a request. I only allow one pony to call me by my stage name -- her name is Chocolate Sweetness, itself a stage name. My request is that you continue to call me Amethyst Flame, even though my coat is no longer purple. If you'd like, Celestia, you may call me Ammy."

"Very well then, Amethyst. If that is what you feel comfortable with, then I shall respect your request. I shall inform my sister as well as Twilight. By the way, you've been gone for quite a while, and Twilight has indeed transcended to Alicorn status," the Solar Princess smiled warmly as she related this information to me.

"I would like to meet her, if that's possible," I said optimistically.

"She is still residing at her Library, should you wish to visit her. I'm sure she'd appreciate your company, Amethyst."

"Is there anything else you request of me, Celestia? Trixie expressed an interest in visiting the other universe. Speaking of which, your counterpart and I transformed Twilight and Trixie's counterparts over there into Princesses as well."

"You have piqued my curiosity, Amethyst. I would like to visit my counterpart and her students as well," she mused.

"What about Solar Court?" I asked.

"Luna is still there. I shall inform her of my decision, though she will not be pleased by this news. I hope this visit will be short enough that Luna won't have to sit in my stead for too terribly long." With that, the Alicorn mare teleported to the throne room to discuss the matter with her sister, then teleported back to where I was still standing. "You said Trixie expressed a curiosity to visit that other realm. Is she ready to accompany us?"

"Only one way to find out, Celestia," I stated as I teleported to the room she was sleeping in. She was still asleep, so I woke her by nuzzling her forehead.

"Who dares disturb the slumber of the Great and Powerful Trixie?" she asked angrily.

"I do, lover girl!" I chuckled.

"You do not have the right to call Trixie by that name any more!" she shouted at me.

"Come on, lover girl, we've got a trip to take," I stated nonchalantly. She glared at me, but got up.

"Trixie will tolerate you calling her that for now. Let's go."

"Celestia will be accompanying us," I said softly.

"Why?"

"She expressed a curiosity to see her counterpart," I stated flatly.

"Trixie is hungry and wants breakfast," she grumbled.

"Sounds like a good idea. I'm famished as well," I said and took her hoof, teleporting the two of us back to where I had left. The Sun Goddess was tapping her left fore-hoof impatiently.

"Celestia, may we have breakfast before we leave? I haven't had anything to eat in awhile and I'm rather hungry.."

"Trixie is hungry as well, Princess, and requests sustenance as well," she stated flatly.

"That makes three of us, then. Breakfast will be in the Royal Dining Hall -- I expect Luna to be there as well," Celestia announced. The Solar Princess led the way with Trixie and me trotting side by side behind her in relative silence. There seemed to be a tension between us, thick enough to cut with a knife.

"Amethyst, you're being unusually quiet -- is something troubling you?"

"I'm just thinking, Celestia," I mused.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Trixie. "Why did she call you by your old name?"

"I would appreciate it if you would refer to me by my old name, as the name "Flaming Star" is a stage name, one I'm only willing to tolerate from just one pony -- and she's not here to call me by my stage name," I stated flatly.

"So you want Trixie to call you Amethyst again? But ... Trixie thought you liked your stage name!"

"Yeah, well it's rather pretentious and presumptuous for me to take such a name, and I don't want anypony calling me by that name, unless it's that big brown pegasus mare we met at the Visage in Las Pegasus," I replied sternly.

"She called herself Chocolate Sweetness. Trixie is curious to know what happened to her," the show-mare mused.

"I don't know," I said softly, which made her ears perk up.

"Trixie thinks you do," she said almost angrily, glaring at me.

"So what? What are you gonna do about it? Attack me again, right in front of Celestia?" I asked, anger creeping into my voice.

"The two of you need to maintain low tones to your voices," the Solar Princess admonished. We entered the dining hall and took three chairs near the far end of the table. Luna was having breakfast as well, though she was nearly finished. She approached her sister and the two exchanged an affectionate nuzzling of each other's neck.

"So is Flaming Star ready to resume his training?" asked the Night Princess.

"He wishes to resume using his previous name of Amethyst Flame, Luna, but as to your query, yes he is ready this time."

Luna chuckled softly as she glanced at me, then turned her attention back to her sister. "So how is his marriage to Trixie holding up?"

"I can hear you, you know," I said impatiently. The Royal Sisters turned to me and gave me the dirtiest look I've ever seen on ANYpony's face.

"Our conversation is private, Amethyst. Do NOT interrupt us again!" Celestia nearly shouted. I slunk back in my chair, but was rather upset they would be talking about us. I stewed in my anger for a few moments.

"His marriage is ... not doing so well, Luna." My scowl deepened when I heard this. Trixie was practically ready to shout something at the two Alicorns, but I held her back.

"I know you're pissed off, Trixie, but hold your tongue. I'm not any happier about them talking about us than you," I said softly and gave her a quick kiss on her muzzle, which made her grin. Food was brought to us at that moment and we tucked into waffles with syrup, scrambled eggs, hay bacon and toast and grape juice. Celestia drank tea with her breakfast.

"Amethyst wishes to show me what has happened in the other universe," the Solar Princess stated matter-of-factly as she sipped on her tea.

"What has happened, Tia? Is it something that requires your attention?"

"He has informed me that he and my counterpart transformed Twilight and Trixie's counterpart into Alicorns," the Sun Goddess mused. Trixie perked her ears up when she heard her name.

"What? You did WHAT?" Trixie asked me angrily. "Why? Why did you do that?"

"Because your counterpart is more responsible than you, and has better control of her emotions, and is more magically attuned than you. She is more like Twilight -- you remember her cutie mark, don't you?"

"But you did Sparkle the same way, and she has MY cutie mark! Why did you do THAT?" the show-mare asked me in exasperation.

"You don't know their history. I do. They have lived together for more than 20 years, Trixie -- they make quite a tandem and I believe they're fully capable of managing that level of power responsibly. You have not shown me the same level of responsibility, lover girl," I stated flatly.

"Does that mean Trixie is not going to become an Alicorn, like Sparkle did?"

"I'm afraid it does, Trixie. Such an honor is rarely bestowed upon any pony and I'm sure Celestia's students in the other universe will be able to assist her with a high level of competency," I replied.

"Trixie wants to know how she can become an Alicorn," she mused.

"Well, first, and probably most important, is that you lose the third pony speech. I have tolerated that for a very long time, but before you can be taken seriously, you will have to refer to yourself in first pony speech. Secondly is that you'll have to learn humility. You will have to learn how to be patient and control your emotions -- I must admit, that can be difficult for me as you have seen."

Celestia wrapped up her conversation with her sister and turned to the two of us. "Have you finished eating yet? I'm ready to go," she stated impatiently.

"Yes, I guess so," I replied.

"Trixie is ready as well, Princess," she answered. I gave my wife a quizzical glance. "It's going to take awhile, Amethyst," she said softly, grinning sheepishly.

"Okay, I'm doing the teleport," I stated, gathering the Solar Princess and my wife to my side, placing a wing around them and teleported us to the other universe. It was dark out again, something I still couldn't get used to. We were standing in the Royal Dining Hall in the other universe now, the room completely empty. I noticed the room was considerably smaller than the "good" Canterlot Castle's dining hall, a much shorter table capable of seating about 14 ponies as opposed to the other one, which could seat 42 ponies.

"I believe I need to have words with my counterpart to synchronize the daytime," Celestia mused. "Where do you suppose she would be right now?"

"She most likely would be in her bedchamber, if I'm not mistaken," I offered. I teleported us to that location, where the Sun Goddess was sound asleep. "I'd be tempted to ask Luna to let me know what she dreams about," I mused, letting escape a slight giggle.

"That's not funny, Amethyst," Celestia almost growled at me. "Suppose I asked my sister to relate your dreams to me."

"Word has gotten back to me that's exactly what she has done on a few occasions," I stated flatly. The Sun Goddess blushed in embarrassment as the truth hit a little too close to home. "I forgive you that transgression, but if you want to know what I dream about, all you have to do is ask, Celestia."

"Trixie wants to know what you dream about, Amethyst," the show-mare mused.

"I sometimes dream about that pegasus we met in the Visage," I stated softly. Trixie growled at me in anger. "And I dreamt about you and her together doing ... things ... with each other as I sat back and watched."

"You're terrible, Amethyst," Trixie giggled.

"Would all of you please keep it quiet? Can't an old Alicorn get some rest every once in awhile?" the other Celestia asked rhetorically.

"Celestia, it is a pleasure to meet you once again," our Celestia offered.

"Ah, Celestia. I was hoping you might return some time. We have much to discuss," the other one stated.

"Yes, we do. I am interested in meeting your students -- I have heard that you and my Prince, Amethyst, have bestowed upon them the highest of honors."

"But of course. They are in the Library in Ponyville, most likely sleeping right now. They will be assisting me with certain duties once they have been fully trained on proper control of their new power. They requested that they be allowed to stay in the Library, as there would be no pony in charge were they to leave and stay here for their training," the other Sun Goddess smiled.

"Trixie wants to see them as well," she almost blurted out.

"Patience, Trixie. They're probably still asleep," I said softly.

"I'm sure they'd be willing to make some time for you," the other Celestia smiled.

"Very well then, Celestia. Shall we head to the library now?" I asked.

"Trixie is getting confused by this conversation, Amethyst," the show-mare stated almost quizzically. The two Sun Goddesses chuckled softly at her statement.

"Celestia, I would like to discuss with you the matter of synchronizing the day time in each of our realms so that if we decide to visit each other, the time of day will correspond fairly closely. It is a bit disconcerting that your realm appears to be on the opposite side of the day from mine," our Solar Princess stated.

"One of us will have to shorten or lengthen the day. Our cycle runs on eleven hours of daylight and thirteen hours of night time," other Celestia explained.

"My realm has fifteen hours of daytime and nine hours of night time," our Celestia responded.

"It is summer time in your realm -- here, it is early spring."

"This confuses Trixie," she muttered.

"We will have to discuss this matter further, Celestia. Amethyst, I believe it is time for us to visit the Ponyville Library," our Celestia said solemnly.

"I would appreciate a timely return, Celestia," the other one said softly and smiled. Our Solar Princess smiled in return, then approached me as I wrapped a wing around Trixie for the three of us to teleport to the Library. A moment later, we were standing at the front door to the Library. I knocked on the front door a few times and heard a grumbling from inside. I recognized the voice as Trixie's -- she muttered some colorful words as she trudged down the stairs to the front door and opened it to see the three of us. Her jaw dropped at the sight of us.

"Trixie is very sorry, your Majesty," she said softly and bowed deeply before us. She fluttered her wings to stretch out a little. This action caught my Trixie quite by surprise.

PreviousChapters Next