• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Facing the Music

I made a mental note to have that pony tracked, trailed, and watched at all times as I made my way back to my car and teleported back to Canterlot Castle Main Courtyard. I wasn't exactly sure when I'd be using the vehicle again, but left the fob on the driver's floormat and locked it up. I resumed my normal size once again and trotted through the castle to the throne room to meet up with Celestia to see what she had to say to me. There was a nagging feeling in my gut that certain actions I had taken would prove to be rather disconcerting. As I made my way along the various stairwells and corridors, I was warmly greeted by many ponies I didn't normally see -- I had a tendency to teleport wherever I needed to go, the only exceptions being trotting from my bedchamber (which I shared with Trixie), Celestia's bedchamber (which I occupied sometimes when I was covering for her), the throne room itself, and various other locations. The result of a lack of adequate exercise coupled with my appetite had caused me to gain a fair amount of weight, though this didn't seem to be that much of a concern to me.

I finally reached the throne room and opened the doors with my magic to see an unhappy Solar Princess sitting lazily on her throne. She glowered at me in disapproval -- as did Twilight, who was standing next to her.

"Celestia? What is Twilight -- oh, I guess the two of you wanted to address me --" I began before I was brusquely cut off.

"Amethyst, I am deeply disappointed in you," Celestia stated. "I was under the impression I could trust you to rule Equestria fairly -- and in most respects, you have done so quite well ... in the past. Recently, it has come to my attention your judgement has been lacking in compassion."

"Everypony who has come to petition you during the past several days has been complaining bitterly about your treatment of them," Twilight added, a hint of exasperation in her voice. "They think you're being too mean to them!"

"I apologize -- I will try to be more compassionate," I offered. I lowered my head and ears as a sign of my contrition.

"Amethyst, I feel that you are no longer capable of performing the duties of Solar Regent. I must ask you to return your regalia, as much as it pains me to do so," Celestia stated somewhat sadly. A smile crept across my features as I swiftly removed all of my regalia, placing it at her hooves.

"You have my thanks, Celestia," I stated, perhaps a little too cheerfully.

"I am not finished with you yet, Amethyst," she admonished sternly, casting a glare of harsh disapproval at me. "That is not the total extent of what punishment I am imposing upon you." My face fell when I heard that. My stomach seemed to leap into my throat as I felt a certain itchy feeling trying to make itself known. "Luna, please assist me," Celestia called out. I was rather surprised to see the Lunar Princess teleport into the throne room to stand next to her sister, her face an undecipherable mask. "Luna, I will need you to assist me in returning Amethyst to his former station as a unicorn."

This statement caused me to gasp in horror as my nausea made itself evident by manifesting itself into my sudden regurgitation of this morning's food intake. I made a mess on the floor of the throne room. "Um, I'm terribly sorry about that, your Majesty -- I shall clean it up immediately," I offered, bowing before the Royal Sisters. I quickly summoned a mop and bucket using my magic and cleaned up my mess as swiftly as I could.

"Amethyst, it saddens me to have to do this," Celestia stated. "I feel it is for your own good -- you need a lesson in humility, and even though your contrition appears to be sincere, it is my opinion that your previous actions have prejudiced my favorable attitude towards you. If you can prove your worthiness to me once again, I may consider returning you to Alicorn status."

"Amethyst, we thank thee for thy gift, but we concur with our sister. This is for thine own good," the indigo Alicorn said softly, giving me a small smile.

"Twilight? Is there anything you would like to add to this sad affair before I am completely emasculated?" I asked, a fair amount of resentment in my voice.

"All I can say is that I'm still quite disappointed in you, Amethyst. I suggest you go find Trixie and try to make amends for what you have done to her," the lavender Alicorn intoned flatly. I reflected upon what she said, my emotions in deep turmoil. I hesitated to voice any concerns as far as my plight was concerned, and knowing the Princesses as well as I did, I chose not to anger them further by giving voice to my resentment. I tried to remain calm and reserved, keeping my darker emotions in check for another time. Now was not the time or place for rash action or words I might later regret.

"Very well then. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna -- your Majesties -- I am ready to accept my punishment. I shall try to find Trixie and apologize to her -- I shall endeavor to offer you my services in whatever capacity you wish -- I am so sorry to have disappointed you like this," I stated sadly, a tear trickling from my right eye. Crocodile tears always were your specialty, Amethyst, I silently thought to myself.

"Amethyst, I can only hope you succeed in finding Trixie and restoring her faith in you," Celestia stated before lighting her horn. She nodded to her sister, who also lit her horn. The two of them then enveloped me in their auras, surrounding me with their magic. I felt myself being made smaller, my wings disappearing, my horn shrinking, my coat color changing from white to medium purple once again, and my cutie mark shifting back to the four stars in a square pattern. I felt their auras leave me, my body feeling quite cold on the floor of the throne room.

"I'm surprised you didn't transform me into a copy of Trixie's body," I muttered loud enough for the three Alicorns to hear me. This caused all three of them to chuckle and grin.

"We see thou hast not lost thy sense of humor, Amethyst," Luna said softly. "We hope that thou hast provided us an Alicorn colt as our offspring."

I considered her words thoughtfully before choosing mine carefully. "If my effort to provide you an Alicorn foal results in a colt being born to you, I hope you remember me fondly, your Majesty," I stated.

"Amethyst? Luna?" Celestia asked in surprise. I offered a thin smile at her befuddlement.

"Tia, we requested of Amethyst that he provide us with a foal," Luna explained. I simply nodded my head in response, though this elicited another glare of disapproval from the Solar Princess.

"Amethyst, I suggest you take your leave now," she advised somewhat sternly. Another pregnant pause ensued as I allowed myself to prepare a somewhat conciliatory response.

"Yes, your Majesty. I'm sorry to have caused so much trouble," I stated, saluted her, then turned about sharply on my hooves and marched out of the throne room. I trotted down the hallway to find my bedchamber to see if Trixie was still there, hoping I could make amends for my past transgressions. I reached the doorway and pushed against it, opening it to see Trixie laying on the bed. I trotted over to her and called her name, and when she turned over to see me, a gasp of surprise escaped her mouth.

"Amethyst? What has happened to you? Trixie hasn't seen you like this since --"

"Trixie, I am so sorry for what I have done to you," I said sadly, trotting over to her and wrapping my left foreleg around her.

"If you truly mean it, Amethyst, you will need to prove it to Trixie. Trixie is not ready to forgive you just yet," she replied flatly.

"What is it you wish of me?" I asked.

"Trixie will admit she likes you when you look like this -- but Trixie still wants you to love only her, and no pony else."

I knelt on the floor in front of her and took her left forehoof with my right, lifting it close to my lips, then planted a kiss on it, causing her to blush. "Trixie, I want to prove to you that I will love only you -- I know that my words probably ring hollow, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to try to make you happy once again."

Trixie smiled at me and looked me in the eyes. "Trixie wants to believe you, Amethyst, but it will take time."

"Take all the time you want, Trixie. I shall find another bedchamber to sleep in --" I began.

"Trixie still wants you to sleep with her, Amethyst," she said softly, a warm smile on her lips. I hugged her tightly in response.

"Anything you want, my love," I replied softly. Her grin widened a bit when I said that, though I didn't see it.

PreviousChapters Next