• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Return to Earth

I waited impatiently in the throne room, pacing the perimeter of the room, or at least as much as I was able, as stands for ponies attending Solar and Lunar Court ringed the perimeter of the throne room, making it seem more like an arena than a throne room. I had cleared out the schedule for the day anyway, so as to allow me to do whatever I could in order to help Trixie. The fact that she had slipped into a coma was deeply troubling me, as was the severity of her infection. I could practically sense Death walking around her bed while she was hooked up to the various life-support machines. Marina was being looked after by Summer Song, who graciously agreed to sit for her. I continued to pace around the perimeter, my patience wearing very thin. I was seriously considering asking Luna to cover for me, but then Twilight finally showed up. She had been having morning sickness due to her pregnancy.

"Sorry I'm late, Amethyst -- sometimes my experiments don't go exactly as I planned them --"

"That's quite all right, Twilight. I have to go back to my home world, though it pains me to do so. I suppose I should take the opportunity to visit my parents, as I haven't seem them in years. I wonder how they're doing," I mused.

"I would love to meet your parents!" the lavender Alicorn beamed. "I'll bet they're very nice ponies!"

"They're human, Twilight -- and yes, they ARE very nice people. Perhaps I might be able to bring them here to meet you. I still have to find medicines for Trixie, though, but I think I might have enough time to meet up with my parents again."

"Okay, Amethyst, but don't take too long, please."

"I would also like to talk to you a bit longer about your pregnancy," I offered.

"Yes, I think that would probably be a good idea. I've been feeling sick lately, but I read in a few books that morning sickness is normal. I don't like it, though."

"Truthfully, Twilight, I just hope Trixie will be okay with you having a foal -- I'm sure Marina would love to have a playmate, though."

"She gets enough play time with other foals around Ponyville and Canterlot -- you're going to spoil her rotten!" she giggled. "If you're going to go, you'd better get going! You're burning daylight, you know!"

"Very well then, Twilight. Seeya later," I said and smiled warmly at her, then concentrated on my home world and teleported. My landing point on Earth was the front yard of my old house from a long time ago. It appeared as though nothing had changed about the place, though there were different people living in the house. It was night-time here, and there were some wispy clouds in the sky, illuminated by the light of a waxing gibbous moon. The car in the driveway was a late model Toyota Camry, but I paid it no mind.

I teleported to Sarasota, Florida, where my parents had retired several years ago. I transformed myself into a male human, going from memory as to what I roughly looked like before I had taken the appearance of Trixie more than four years ago. I was half-way wondering if my parents were even still alive, considering they would be in their seventies. I was also going by rote memory as to where they lived, hoping they hadn't moved in that time. The house had a front porch with a couple of chairs, so I decided to take a seat and wait for them to wake. I had no idea of how long it would be before they rose, but I figured I had enough time to wait for morning to come.

I waited for what seemed like hours before daybreak started coloring the sky in paler shades of blue and purple. It would still be another hour before sunrise, so I continued to wait. I waited for what seemed like another hour after the sun rose before I heard movement within the house. I knocked on the front door and my father answered the door.

"Good morning, Mike. Your mother and I had all but given up hope on your return -- we never heard back from you, we tried to contact you, we tried to contact your wife -- even your brother tried to get ahold of you to no avail. Where have you been?"

"Dad, I've spent the last four years or so on another world -- one you have to use magic in order to get there. Did Brenda ever tell you about an incident where I woke up as a pony?" I asked.

"You've got to be kidding! How the hell could you have woken up as ... a ... PONY?!?" my dad asked incredulously.

"Um, dad, I don't know if I should show you what I really look like, as this appearance I have right now is just an illusion spell," I stated. "I don't wanna give you a heart attack or something."

"What, you mean ... you're really ... a PONY?" he asked again as my mom came to the front door to see who was visiting.

"Mike! We've been worried sick! Where have you been?" she asked.

"The name of the place is Equestria," I stated flatly. My dad chuckled. Mom looked confused.

"Ponies, horses, equestrian events ... of course. So why not show me what you really look like, Mike?" he asked, giving me a grin as if to suggest I was joking. I dropped my glamour to let them see me in my Alicorn form. Mom fainted and Dad took a few steps backwards, his mouth opening and closing as he tried to find the words.

"I'm sorry, dad, but this is what I've become. I apologize for the shock of my appearance. There is one other thing, though -- the reason I have returned to Earth is so I could obtain medicine for my new wife -- she has a very serious bacterial infection and I need to acquire some antibiotics in order to cure her disease."

"Your NEW wife?" he asked as he managed to regain a little of his composure. "I suppose your NEW wife is a pony, too?"

"A unicorn to be precise, but yes, a pony," I replied. I smiled warmly at my dad. Mom recovered from her faint, saw me again and started backing away. "Mom, it's me, Mike. My new name is Amethyst Flame, but I am still your son."

"I'd be interested in seeing your new wife, Mike," my dad offered.

"If I can get ahold of some antibiotics, I will be happy to show her to you -- and my daughter as well," I grinned.

"Wait -- you have a ... PONY DAUGHTER?!"

"Yes, she's three years old now -- very smart, pretty, magically strong ..." I said, letting my words trail off.

"I would like to see them as well," my mom offered.

"So how are you supposed to go about getting antibiotics? We don't have any prescription medicines here," my dad stated flatly.

"I will have to seek out a pharmacy and try to get some that way," I mused.

"You know you need a prescription for those before they will give them to you," my dad responded.

"Well ... I have certain ... magical abilities which I can use to ... gently persuade ... the pharmacist to, um, assist me," I grinned.

"What, you can use the Jedi Mind Trick?" my dad chuckled.

"Mmm, something like that," I grinned.

"Might I accompany you, Mike?" he asked.

"It would be best if I go alone. I will have to apply my glamour once again so as not to draw too much attention to me. I shall return shortly, dad, mom. Seeya soon!" And with that, I teleported once again, this time to a local pharmacy. My parents were stunned by my use of magic in their presence and took a few minutes to calm themselves down.

Returning to a human appearance by dint of casting a glamour, I walked into the pharmacy and approached the counter. A cashier asked me for my name.

"Actually, I'm not here to pick up a prescription, but I need to talk to the pharmacist if I may," I offered.

"Let me go get him for you. One moment please," the cashier stated in an annoyed tone of voice. She left and returned shortly with a middle-aged African man.

"Now, how may I be of service to you, sir?" he asked, showing great reverence.

"I need some vancomycin, some amoxicillin, some penicillin, some erythromycin, and some bacitracin," I stated flatly.

"You look like the perfect picture of health! What do you need those for?" he asked.

"My wife is suffering from a severe bacterial infection and only those medicines can save her life, sir," I replied.

"Do you have a prescription? We cannot release that kind of medication without a prescription."

I dropped my glamour at that moment. As the shock of seeing an equine in their store hit them, I lit my horn. "I don't need a prescription for those medicines -- this is an emergency! If I don't get those medicines, my wife will DIE!" I shouted at them. Amazingly enough, the pharmacist grabbed the largest pill bottle he had and scooped about 20 of each antibiotic into it, capping it, and handing it over to me. I enveloped it in my yellow aura.

"Thank you for your cooperation. I apologize for my brusqueness, but time is short. I have no idea of how much longer my wife will live, but I believe your action might very well have saved her life. Your reward is five gold coins," I stated, creating said coinage, levitating it over to the counter, dropping the coins on it. I took the pill bottle with me in my aura and teleported back to my parents' house.

"Mom, Dad, I'm back. Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long," I stated.

"Um, Mike, how did you do that?" asked my dad.

"I told you, Dad, I can teleport by using magic. I am what is known as an Alicorn, though I originally stated out as a unicorn. Mom, would you like to come along with me? We don't have a lot of time left."

"Yes, please! I want to see what she looks like!" my mom grinned.

"Very well then. Dad, take my left fore-hoof. Mom, take hold of my right wing." They did as instructed as I lit my horn, concentrating on the room Trixie was in and teleported the three of us into that room.

PreviousChapters Next