• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
A Party at Rarity's?

"Is Pinkie even going to know what kind of wedding I might want to have?" I asked. Truthfully, even though I had already been to a few of her parties, I still wasn't really sure what to expect -- and somewhat apprehensive of another really large party like the one that was held in the Royal Ball Room in the Castle nearly a year ago, when I was in Twilight's body for a single day and had brought a fellow human trapped in Rarity's body with me. That particular event was rather traumatic for me and Applejack probably still remembers me by the nickname she gave me that day, calling me a killjoy. If I wanted the wedding to be something nice, I would have to have a further talk with the pink party pony.

"Trixie thinks she'll be happy with whatever the pink one might plan for our wedding -- she hopes it will be as great and powerful as SHE is!" the blue mare laughed heartily. I smiled, but it was a somewhat pained smile. Twilight noticed this but said nothing about it, just giving me a very slight look of sympathy.

"I'm sure Pinkie will have something very nice for you, Amethyst," Twilight offered.

"I certainly hope so, even though I wonder how I'm going to pay for everything," I mused.

"Trixie will help you pay for it," she stated confidently.

"Have you thought about what you might do after you two get married and settled in here?" the librarian asked, changing the subject a little.

"I had been considering opening a pizzeria in order to make some money," I replied. "I wonder how much ponies like pizza..."

"If it's good, you'll have everypony in town beating a path to your door -- hope you're well prepared for all the business you'll get, Ammy!" the lavender unicorn chuckled.

"Who should I talk to about getting start-up funds?"

"I suggest you hold off on those plans until after the wedding -- anyway, we need to get going over to Carousel Boutique so you and Trixie can have Rarity get started on your ensembles! Let's get going!" Twilight exclaimed, almost excitedly. I suspect she wanted to see what sort of outfit Rarity would come up with for me and possibly even a restyling of my mane and tail. We started trotting from the Library to Rarity's boutique, but were met by a certain sky-blue pegasus who spotted me almost immediately after leaving the Library. I think it was probably my new appearance that made such an impact.

"WHOA! Who are YOU? Your mane ... your tail ... that's AWESOME!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"Hey, RD, my new name is Amethyst Flame -- you might remember me running around in Trixie's body for quite awhile."

"Wait -- you're saying ... that you were ... Michael? Really? This new you looks a whole lot more than twenty per cent cooler! So Princess Celestia changed you from Trixie into ... this? Hmm, she did a really nice job on you!" the cyan pegasus smiled broadly. Her eyes lidded a little as she ogled my new body for a moment or two. I caught her staring at me as we continued to make our way to the boutique.

"Hey, RD, I know my new appearance is quite impressive, but I never thought I'd be the one on the receiving end of stares," I chuckled. She blushed a bit and made eye contact with me, chuckling nervously. "Hey, it's all right if you want to check my new body out, but Trixie and I are to get married on Hearts and Hooves Day."

"WHAT?! YOU'RE MARRYING HER?!?!" she asked, completely flabbergasted.

"Trixie loves Amethyst, and he loves her! Do you have a problem with that?" the azure mare asked brazenly.

"Well ... it's just that ... I wouldn't have thought ..." the pegasus stuttered, still flabbergasted.

"Trixie has made her choice, and Amethyst has made his! And he chooses Trixie to be his wife!" she offered smugly.

"Whatever, dude, hope it works out for you two!" Rainbow grinned.

"We're supposed to be holding the wedding at the Castle, and you're invited to come along," I offered. "I intend to invite the other Element Bearers as well, even though I'm afraid of what Applejack's reaction might be."

"I wouldn't be too worried about that, Amethyst," Twilight offered. "AJ might like the new you, and perhaps she might have forgotten your actions last year when we had that big party at the castle for you."

"Hey, there was a second Rarity with you at that party, wasn't there?" asked the pegasus. "What happened to her?"

"After you all returned here, that Rarity and I went to another universe, encountered Nightmare Moon, defeated her, and I separated the human who was trapped in her body from her. The Princess Celestia from THAT universe teleported him to his home on Earth and me to mine. I told him I would keep in touch with him after that, but I kind of forgot."

"You defeated Nightmare Moon ... AGAIN?" asked a flabbergasted Twilight. "That means ... you defeated her ... TWICE?"

"That's about the size of it," I stated nonchalantly, grinning a little bit.

"Trixie KNEW there was something special about you!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Seriously, dude?"

"You've done so as well, not to mention defeating Discord three times!" I chuckled.

"You helped us on two of those occasions, Amethyst," Twilight offered.

"Yeah, that's true," I said, "but I think we should leave the patting each other on the back for another time. Trixie and I still need to get measured for our wedding outfits."

Applejack met up with us about halfway to Carousel Boutique. "Hey, Twi, who's the new pony?" she asked as she matched our pace.

"His name's Amethyst Flame, but you might remember him trotting around as Trixie," replied the lavender mare.

"What?" she asked then turned to face me. "So who are ya, exactly?" she asked me, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Applejack -- does the name Michael Walker mean anything to you? Do you remember that name?"

"Huh. Ah seem ta remember you runnin' around as Twilight quite awhile back -- yer the killjoy, ain'tcha!" she grinned.

"I would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me that," I grumbled.

"So yer a stallion now -- and a rather good lookin' one at that!" AJ chuckled as her grin widened.

"Thanks for the compliment," I offered.

"So where are y'all headed?"

"To Rarity's -- Trixie and I need to get some measurements taken for our wedding ensembles," I stated flatly.

If the orange earth pony had been drinking something, she surely would have spat it out at this point. "WHAT in tarnation ya wanna do a durned-foal thing like that?" she asked me indignantly.

"Trixie is right here, you know!" she shouted angrily. "Don't tell her you're trying to ignore her!"

"Yeah, how can we forget?" asked AJ, using her trademark sarcasm again.

"Hasn't Trixie earned forgiveness from the rest of you if she has earned Sparkle's forgiveness?" the azure mare asked, a hurt expression on her face.

Applejack chuckled. "Imagine that -- the killjoy and the show-boat, getting married! You two deserve each other!"

"Trixie would appreciate it if you would be nice to her for once," she said somewhat sullenly.

"AJ, I'd curb my tongue a bit if I were you," I growled. "You're still invited to our wedding, if you'd like to attend it."

"Ah wouldn't miss it fer the world!" she laughed.

After a little more trotting and conversing, we arrived at the boutique. I knocked on the door but got no answer. I knocked again, harder this time.

"Come on in, darling, the door's open!" Rarity chimed.

I opened the door and everypony who was with me followed me inside. The room was dark as all the shades had been drawn and then suddenly the lights came on.

"SURPRISE!" shouted Pinkie Pie.

"I should have expected as much," I stated flatly. "Hey, Pinkie, Trixie and I are here to get fitted for wedding ensembles."

I heard the sound of a needle scratching a record cutting off the music immediately. Rarity spat out a mouthful of punch.

"Does it always get that same reaction?" I asked rhetorically. "Hey, Rarity, sorry about that." She trotted over to me.

"So, who might you be, darling? You're new here, aren't you?" she asked, batting her eyes at me.

"My name's Amethyst Flame, but you might remember me running around in Trixie's body. She and I are to get married on Hearts and Hooves Day at Canterlot Castle and we came over to have measurements taken for our wedding ensembles. I'm still trying to figure a way of getting money to pay for everything, though."

"Darling, you can't possibly be serious about marrying HER!" the alabaster mare gasped.

"Serious as a heart attack," I responded. I stared straight at her, a stern expression on my face.

"Well, darling, I may not be a match-maker, but my suggestion is you choose somepony else to marry," she offered.

"Trixie suggests you change your opinion of her, if you don't mind. How hard must Trixie work to obtain everypony's forgiveness?"

"Come on, everypony! We're supposed to be having a PARTY!!" Pinkie exclaimed very excitedly.

"Hope ya don't ruin this one like the last time," Applejack glowered at me.

"You sure know how to make a guy feel welcome," I muttered. "Hey, Rarity, can we get those measurements out of the way? We're supposed to get married on Hearts and Hooves Day," I addressed her.

"Now, darling, who's idea was that? That's nowhere near enough time for me to get all the ensembles ready!"

"I tried to tell Trixie that, but --" I began. Rarity grabbed me and took me upstairs to her workroom.

"Now look here, darling. I'm not one to intrude, but you have no business marrying that ... WITCH!"

I stared hard at her through eyes narrowed to slits and growled at her. "You have no business calling my future wife by that moniker!" I hissed at her through clenched teeth. "If that means she and I don't get ensembles from you, that's fine. I'm sure Hoity Toity will be happy to provide us with something presentable."

"If you don't have any money to pay ME, then what makes you think you can afford HIS fashion? I was going to provide you two each with an ensemble for your wedding, but your insulting behavior has made me reconsider, darling." Her voice was as cold as ice when she stated this.

I turned away from her and headed back downstairs. I saw everypony else enjoying themselves, Trixie included. I made my way over to her and whispered in her ear. Her face dropped at what I said.

"What do you mean, 'the wedding's off'?" Trixie cried. She turned to me and gave me perhaps the saddest expression I had ever seen on her face.

"Rarity's not making our ensembles and I have no money to pay for anything, so the wedding's off until further notice," I stated flatly. "Frankly, on such short notice, it makes me wonder what your motives are anyway."

Trixie's mood changed from heartbreak to outright anger. "If you think Trixie does not love you, then why did you do what you did with her last night? Do you understand NOTHING of love? I GAVE myself to you! Does my love mean nothing at all to you? Do you think Trixie would really want to hurt you the way you've just hurt her?"

Everypony stopped what they were doing to watch the scene unfold. I was standing there dumbstruck, not knowing exactly how to respond to her questions. Her face was a mix of emotions running from despair to rage, tears streaming down her cheeks. She sat on the floor on her haunches, holding her head in her fore-hooves, sobbing openly. I slowly made my way over to her to try to console her. I sat next to her and wrapped my fore-legs around her withers in an attempt to comfort her.

"Get away from me!" she screeched. "Don't touch me!"

I reacted to her as though she were a cobra who had just lashed out at me to strike me and I recoiled in fear, not daring to come close to her. "Trixie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I offered meekly.

"Trixie does not want to marry you! Go away! Go somewhere FAR away from Trixie!" she shouted through her sobs.

"Way to go, killjoy! You succeeded in ruining another party!" Applejack yelled at me.

"You promised Trixie you would marry her!" she cried.

"I promised you I would undergo a transformation," I corrected her.

"YOU PROMISED!" she wailed. PInkie glowered at me, a very angry expression on her face.

"I think I'm done here," I stated flatly. "I think I'd better get going."

"You're not going anywhere, Amethyst," Twilight said, glaring sternly at me.

"Don't try to stop me, I have no further business here. I suggest you allow me to take my leave, if you would please be so kind."

"You and Trixie are supposed to get married! You need to do something to try to make her happy with you again! Don't leave her like this!"

"I have no idea of how to handle this situation. She does not want me, she has said as much. If that is her desire, then let her accept it. I wash my hooves of this matter," I said as anger crept into my voice.

"Trixie wants to know where you are going ... Amethyst!" she demanded. I made my way back over to her and wrapped my fore-legs around her again. She did not pull away this time or tell me to leave her.

"Wherever it is I choose to go, I want you to be there with me," I said softly to her. "I suppose I can be a bit of a bastard at times, but my feelings for you are true, Trixie. I love you, and I need you to be here for me."

"You're ... you're not ... lying to Trixie ... are you?" she asked as she dried her eyes.

"No," came my one word response. "But please answer a question for me: why do you want to get married so soon? We still haven't spent much time together," I said quizzically.

"Trixie knows what's in her heart, Amethyst. Her feelings for you are just as true as yours for her. You want Trixie to be there for you? She will always be there for you! Whenever you want her, she shall be there for you!"

"That still doesn't answer my question, Trixie," I thought. "If what you say is true, then I shall give myself to you just as freely as you gave yourself to me. I will do my best to make you happy."

"Hey, weren't we having a party?" Pinkie asked, grinning broadly.

"Pinkie, I think Trixie and I need some time to ourselves," I stated flatly.

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" she said cheerfully. "Take all the time you need! We'll keep the party going!"

"Amethyst, darling, your expression of love is quite touching -- I had no idea your love for Trixie is so strong! I'm sorry to have doubted you. If you'd like, perhaps we can go back upstairs so I can take your measurements," the alabaster mare offered.

"No, no, I hate to impose," I stated. "I have no way of paying for anything right now."

"Oh, but darling, I insist! Please!" she said and pushed me towards the staircase.

"What about Trixie's measurements? Don't you want her to come along as well?"

"One pony at a time, darling!" she grinned.

PreviousChapters Next