• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Dinner Date

"I see you managed to make it back in good time," the Solar Princess stated calmly. "Please return to your normal size, Michael."

"Yes, your Majesty," I replied. She glared at me. "I'm sorry, Celestia," I stated with reverence, bowing deeply.

"There is no need for such a display, Michael. Please remember that we are equals now and you have an obligation to maintain a level of decorum befitting your new status. I find it somewhat distressing that you continue to act as though you are still subservient to me."

"In a way I am, Celestia -- you have many times my experience and wisdom -- and even if I live ten thousand years, I will still not approach your level of experience and wisdom."

"I'm not that old, Michael!" she chuckled. "I wouldn't have chosen you to be an Alicorn if I didn't see your potential -- which is nearly that of my faithful student's. She is next in line for a promotion to Alicorn status, but I warn you: don't breathe a word of it to her, or I shall be very angry with you."

"Angry enough to revoke my Alicorn status?" I asked, mock surprise coloring my features.

"Don't get any ideas, Michael -- I can do that, but I would also banish you to the Moon for ten years if you did."

My jaw dropped in shock. "I thought you said you couldn't change me back!"

"I lied. But I need you to be able to do my work for me -- I need a break some times, and you're fully capable of doing my job for me. Trust me, Michael, there are different levels of status for Alicorns -- we may be quite powerful, but Solar Regents are the most powerful. Twilight will not be at that level, but she will be close -- and also capable of raising and lowering the Sun as well, though it will be quite taxing for her to do so."

"My lips are sealed, Celestia -- I give you my word on that. I would also like to reiterate my earlier concerns about --"

"What's done is done, Michael -- I have made my decision and you must abide by it -- unless you'd like to spend the next ten years on the Moon."

"That doesn't mean I have to like it, Celestia. I must admit I enjoy flying, though."

"I thought you would," the Sun Goddess smiled. "Now, you remember how to raise my Sun. Lowering it is similar to lowering the Moon, just that the Sun is heavier, of course."

We trotted out to the balcony once again and I used my magic to locate the Sun and lowered it into its resting place until the following morning. This task proved to be a bit easier than I thought it would and Celestia smiled in approval.

"If you'd like, you may return to your unicorn-sized form. I understand Trixie appreciates you being her size far more so than when you're in your standard Alicorn form. Be that as it may, I need for you to be in your standard size when you raise and lower my Sun -- unless you wish to over-channel your magic."

"I take it that over-channeling is bad?"

"That would be an understatement, Michael. You could lose your ability to cast magic or even die if that happened."

"Oh," came my curt response.

"You may return to your room, Michael. I trust you and Trixie enjoyed yourselves earlier today?"

"Very much so, yes, Celestia -- although Trixie has expressed some concern about the duties and tasks she has been asked to perform -- she would like to perform magic and resume her travels around Equestria -- she also desires my companionship so as to dissuade any unnecessary heckling she may face during her performances."

The Sun Goddess smiled warmly. "Of course, Michael. I will see to it that she is assigned tasks and duties that are more in line with her abilities, which should keep her from becoming too bored while you two are guests at my Castle -- and when I feel you are ready to do so, you will be free to accompany your wife on her travels -- though I may request your services from time to time. I believe you will find Equestria to be full of ... very interesting experiences. Your travels will also broaden your horizons, as I'm sure you've only visited Ponyville and Canterlot so far. I would also like to be informed on a regular basis on the progress of your sojourn and how you adapt to Trixie's lifestyle.

"Tomorrow will be your first day observing Solar Court -- I will also request you raise my Sun for me again, as you will need more practice until I'm fully confident with your performance of that task. Until the morning, you are free to do whatever you wish. One other thing -- I would also like to show you the Royal Archives so you can develop an appreciation for the teachings and writings of past scholars -- it will also serve as a learning process for you, Michael. You are free to leave now."

"Thank you very much, Celestia. I must admit to great curiosity about all of Equestria and the Royal Archives. I believe Trixie may be hungry -- I know I am -- so we will head to the dining hall for a bite to eat, then retire to bed. Thank you once again for your hospitality, Celestia," I said and gave a slight bow to the Sun Goddess. She smiled warmly at me as I turned to leave her bedchamber, returned to my smaller unicorn size and made my way down the hallway to our suite. Trixie was laying on the bed, waiting for me.

"Trixie is hungry, Michael -- let's get something to eat," she suggested.

"I thought you might be, Trixie. Celestia has told me she will look into reassigning you and that I will be allowed to accompany you on your travels through Equestria once she feels I'm ready -- I don't know how long that will be, but you'll get to travel again and perform your magic show. I look forward to watching it --"

I was tackle-hugged by the azure unicorn who proceeded to kiss me on my lips. "Trixie is happy to hear that, Michael!" she exclaimed as she continued to kiss me. "I love you, Michael," she whispered in my ear.

"Love you more, lover girl," I whispered in hers. She blushed deeply at that. "C'mon, let's get something to eat."

We trotted to the dining hall, a distance that required a good ten minutes of trotting through hallways and down a couple of staircases. We discussed future plans as we trotted, though I continued to receive stares from some of the ponies who watched us. My guess is that they were somewhat surprised to see a white Alicorn who was no larger than the azure mare, still wearing his regalia and hoof-guards. I softly chuckled as they stared.

"Trixie wants to know what's so funny, Michael," she half-asked.

"Do you see the way the other ponies stare at me? I suspect they think I'm the Princess, but they notice my smaller size and are puzzled by it. I find their reactions somewhat amusing."

"Trixie thinks you're supposed to stay large while in the public eye -- and that your small size should be reserved just for Trixie!"

"You have a point there, Trixie. Give me a moment, please," I stated, and returned to my standard Alicorn size. Some ponies witnessed this and stood with their mouths open, then proceeded to bow before me. Trixie giggled a bit.

"Trixie thinks everypony else is jealous that she was able to marry a Prince!" she chuckled.

We finally made it to the dining hall and took seats next to each other. We ordered our dinner and chatted while we ate. I was quite happy to be able to communicate so freely with Trixie -- I hadn't experienced that kind of love in a very long time, not to mention the fact that this azure mare seemed to complete my happiness whenever I gazed into her eyes. I spent perhaps a little too much time gazing into them while we were eating.

"Michael, what are you staring at?"

"Trixie, I cannot help but gaze into your eyes -- you have made me so happy, I just wish I could have you live as long as I will -- I want you to be with me for a very long time -- far longer than your lifespan will allow."

The azure unicorn hung her head, a tear falling from her eye. "Please don't remind Trixie of her mortality, Michael -- Trixie married you knowing she would not live as long as you, but she knew what she was in for. Trixie simply wanted to push those thoughts out of her mind -- she is more concerned about you, Michael, and how you will feel when Trixie dies of old age. Trixie wants to know if she will be your only true love or if you will find somepony to take her place soon after she dies."

I leaned close to her and kissed her on her muzzle. "Trixie, I will be very sad to see you die -- and it will take a very long time for my heart to heal from that wound. You will always be first and foremost in my heart, Trixie -- I will love you always, long after everypony is but a faint memory in my mind. I will always carry a piece of you with me, Trixie, my love. I just wish you could carry a foal or two for me -- that would complete my life and make me even happier than the day you told me you would be my mare forever."

"Oh, Michael ..." Trixie said very softly. A couple of tears spilled over her cheeks as she nuzzled me. I returned her gesture and softly whispered in her ear. "Trixie thinks she might be willing to carry a foal for you, Michael -- she thinks she might be ready to be a mother now."

"I have been told that you cannot bear a foal for me, Trixie -- but that doesn't mean we can't try!" I chuckled.

"Trixie hopes we can try lots of times!" she giggled, blushing lightly.

"I'm sure we will, Trixie," I laughed, giving her a playful kiss on her lips. She returned my kiss with one of her own.

We finished eating dinner and made our way back to our suite, admiring the decorations adorning the walls and ceilings as well as the ornate designs woven into the carpet. Once we were back in our suite, I returned to my smaller unicorn size for Trixie.

We didn't get much sleep that night.

PreviousChapters Next