• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
Getting That Amulet Back

I teleported directly into the Throne Room, causing a bit of a ruckus. A pair of very stately-looking ponies were having a heated discussion with the Princess about some affairs of some sort or another. I chose not to pay attention to them and it appeared the Sun Goddess wasn't paying too much attention to them either.

"If you two gentle-colts will excuse me, a certain matter has come up," she said.

"Your Highness! Our matter is more important than HER!" one of them exclaimed impatiently.

"This matter I must attend to immediately takes precedence over yours. Please wait a few moments." The two exchanged irritated glances, but stood by. Princess Celestia approached me. "So what of Trixie?"

"Bad news, your Majesty. She refused to return the amulet, even though I did straighten things out with regard to a possible marriage to her. Be that as it may, we have to try to track her down again, since she seems bent on retaining possession of that amulet."

"Very well then. I believe I will have to enlist the aid of Luna. She will be able to assist you in retrieving the other amulet." The Sun Goddess teleported to Luna's bedchamber, waking her and returning with her to the Throne Room. Luna was quite a bit upset at having had her slumber disturbed.

"Princess Luna, your Majesty. I apologize for the inconvenience," I stated humbly.

"Michael, it's a good thing our sister thinks so highly of you. Let's make this quick as we have need of sleep." Luna motioned for me to take her left fore-hoof and we teleported to where Trixie was -- the other amulet had a strong magic signature and it was being used for frivolous purposes.

"Trixie, return that amulet at once!" the Lunar Princess commanded.

"Trixie will not!" she retorted.

"Trixie, please, for me," I said softly.

"Trixie will not!"

"If you give it back, the Princesses may be lenient," I offered.

"Trixie will not give it back without a fight!"

"Does love mean nothing to you?" I asked.

"Trixie does not have time for love!"

"Princess Luna, I believe the amulet has corrupted her. I believe we should try to retrieve it if we can."

"Michael, we cannot force her to remove it against her will."

"Trixie! I will NOT marry you if do not return that amulet! NOW!" I shouted at her.

She slumped to the ground, sitting on her haunches. She started whimpering, crying again, tears making another return. She wanted to keep the amulet, but perhaps the cost of retaining it would be too dear to her. I saw a mix of different emotions play across her face. We waited to see what she would do. She appeared ready to remove it, but then something inside her snapped. She assumed a fighting stance and lit her horn.

"Trixie, I am going to Ponyville to get the Elements together. If you are not willing to voluntarily return the amulet, we will force you to do so," I said. "Do you remember what happened to Nightmare Moon?"

"Trixie does not want to be turned into a crystal statue!" she cried.

"Oh, so that's what happened over there," Luna mused. "Trixie, we strongly urge you to return that amulet. Michael, please tell us you do not intend to marry her."

"Agh! I can't even THINK straight! She must have messed with my mind or something! What was I thinking, wanting to marry a pony? I have obligations back home and I need to return as I think I may have overstayed my welcome here."

"You're not going anywhere, Michael!" Trixie shouted at me. "Trixie will not return the amulet! She is keeping it!"

"Urrgh! Is this amulet trying to mess up my mind as well? I can feel it ..." I said as my words trailed off. I removed it and gave it to Princess Luna. "Luna, please safeguard this for me. I cannot wear it any longer for fear of it corrupting my mind as well. Trixie? If I can still reach you on the inside, take that amulet off before you become completely corrupted!"

"This amulet makes Trixie feel supremely powerful! She will NEVER return it!" she shouted.

"Our magic trumps that of the amulet you wear, Trixie. Do not force our hoof in this matter or your punishment will be far more severe!" Luna admonished.

"Princess Luna, one of us needs to gather the Elements together. Would you like me to do that, or do you wish to do so?"

"We can do better than that, Michael. We can summon them at once," Luna said confidently.

"Trixie! Princess Luna is going to summon the Elements! This is your last chance! You can see I have removed my amulet -- please remove yours now! What is it you wish of me?"

"Trixie wishes for you to DIE!" she screeched and launched a sphere of raw magic energy at me. I made no attempt to shield myself, except with my right fore-hoof. The blue ball of magic energy hit me with the concussive force of a thousand hammers striking my body simultaneously. It felt as though every bone in my body had been shattered as I collapsed to the ground. I quickly lost consciousness as Trixie screamed my name. Luna wore an expression of shock but used her telekinesis to lift my body and teleported to Ponyville General Hospital. Trixie was so overcome by her grief that she finally relinquished the amulet back into the custody of the Lunar Goddess.

---------------------------------

"I believe she's coming around now, your Majesty," Nurse Redheart addressed the Sun Goddess.

"I cannot believe he sacrificed himself for that amulet," Celestia mused.

"What do you mean 'he'?"

"While this pony retains the appearance of Beatrix Lulamoon, inside that body is the mind of a male human named Michael Walker and this is why I use the male pronoun for him," the Solar Princess explained.

"Mmm, did somepony get the number of that truck that hit me?" I asked weakly. "Where am I?" I asked. I tried to sit up but couldn't. My body felt so weak I couldn't move.

"You are at Ponyville General Hospital," Nurse Redheart smiled.

"Trixie has been punished for her crime against you, Michael," Celestia smiled at me. "We have used a great deal of healing magic to try to restore some semblance of health, though this magic can only do so much. You suffered a great deal of injury when you took that magic blast with no defense."

"How long have I been here?"

"About two weeks -- most of it in a coma. Almost every bone in your body had suffered compound fracture," Nurse Redheart explained.

"How much longer before I'm able to get up?"

"We're working on that. We still need to use more magic on you as we can," the nurse stated.

"This feels worse than dying," I said weakly. A few tears trickled down my face. "I'm so tired. Think I'll catch some more Z's."

"Take as much time as you need, Michael. Your action was quite courageous," Celestia smiled as sleep overtook me once again. "Nurse Redheart, please inform me if his condition worsens. I still want him monitored to ensure he remains alive. I will return again when I may, though my obligations prevent me from spending more time in his presence."

"Yes, your Highness," said the nurse as the Sun Goddess teleported back to the Castle.

---------------------

"Trixie said she is sorry! She never meant for that blast to truly kill him!"

"Despite that fact, you nearly did kill him. Were it not for Luna's swift action, he would indeed be dead. Luna told me you screamed at him that you wished for him to die. Not to mention the fact that you tricked me into giving you that amulet -- which in itself is a criminal act -- shows me that you have not learned anything about behaving responsibly. You are to spend the next six months in the dungeon."

"NO! Please! NOOO!" she screamed as she was roughly escorted to the dungeon by a pair of Royal Guard unicorns.

PreviousChapters Next