• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 4,890 Views, 419 Comments

Why Did I Choose to be Trixie? - Mike the Red



Michael Walker has his car transform him into Trixie and visits two very different Equestrias and runs into two very different Trixies.

  • ...
59
 419
 4,890

PreviousChapters Next
What Do You Need A Car For?

I was woken out of my slumber by a knocking at the door -- it was still dark out and I was still quite tired from yesterday's events. The knocking grew a bit more impatient as I spent more time than necessary to answer it. I used my telekinesis to open the door to see a rather annoyed Royal Guard unicorn mare glowering at me.

"The Princess does NOT want you to be late!" she admonished.

"Very well then, I am coming. Tell her to keep her shirt on," I grumbled.

"Why should the Princess keep her shirt on when she does not wear one?" the guard asked quizzically.

"That's a turn of phrase meaning that she should not be so impatient," I chuckled.

"This is no time for bad jokes," the guardsmare said stiffly. I followed her to Celestia's bedchamber once again, and was allowed entry.

"Michael, I was worried you might not have made it back, though my sister informed me of your return. I will request you both raise AND lower my Sun for me to demonstrate what you have learned," the Solar Princess stated flatly. She was still laying in her bed, but this time was alone.

I cracked my neck to loosen myself up a little. I was silently hoping to myself that this time would require less effort on my part as I made my way to her balcony. I steadied myself, setting my hooves and prepared my mind for the task at hand. I glanced to the west to see that Luna had already lowered her Moon, so at the very least I wouldn't have to do that. Once again I located the massive orb, sensing its mass and warmth. I allowed my magic to flow through my horn, channeling more magic into it. Gently, I lifted the orb into its position, and even though the effort was somewhat tiring, it was a bit easier knowing what to expect. Not as easy as raising the Sun in the other universe, but not as hard as the previous day's attempt.

Satisfied that I had performed the task, I returned to Celestia's bedside. "I suppose I should ask you to validate my attempt, Celestia. I am not sure if I placed the Sun in the exact location it should occupy," I offered.

The Sun Goddess rose to her hooves and casually trotted to the balcony. Using her magic, she sensed the placement of her Sun and moved it ever so slightly to the left. "You did quite well, Michael, but I will have to teach you the finer points of proper positioning to preserve punctuality for the pony populace. There IS a certain schedule to keep, after all," she chortled. "My sister also informed me that you have procured your vehicle from your human home world. I would like to know what possessed you to retrieve it."

"My purpose in regaining possession of the vehicle was to prevent someone from inadvertently misusing its magic enchantments," I stated. "I also wanted to keep it as a memento of sorts, a souvenir, a reminder of what I once was."

"Perhaps it can be displayed in our Royal Museum," the Solar Princess mused. "I would suspect you have no further use for it as you are able to use magic yourself to perform the same actions as your vehicle, and with better efficiency at that."

"That is true, Celestia -- but the vehicle also plays music through its multimedia system, music which is stored on an internal hard drive disk which holds ten terabytes of storage," I stated matter-of-factly.

"If you returned to your home world to obtain this vehicle, would I be wrong to assume you decided to visit your former wife?"

"I tried to visit her, but it would appear she re-married, as I was unable to see her."

"So it would appear there truly are no ties to bind you to your home world. Did you check the positioning of your Sun for that world? I would suggest you return and let me know if circumstances have changed for your home world if you haven't."

I hung my head to signify that I had not checked on the Sun. "I apologize, Celestia. Please give me a moment to return to my home world so I can find out whether or not my presence there is needed," I said with some disappointment. The Sun Goddess registered my crestfallen expression by giving me a stern look.

I teleported back to Earth to check on the Sun. My landing point was the front yard of the house Brenda and I had once owned -- I hoped my trespass would go unnoticed, but I figured I would only be here for a moment or two. The Sun was still fairly high in the sky, so I decided to see if I could move it with my magic. I searched for it, reaching out, further and further. I continued to scan the reaches beyond the planet, my magic extending further and further still. I could not sense the Sun's location with my magic, so I decided on another strategy.

I teleported to a newspaper stand, but not before I changed my appearance back to a human one, with a nondescript pair of blue jeans and white t-shirt. I picked up a newspaper to see if anything unusual had been printed. Aside from the usual drivel about corrupt politicians and pointless conflict in other parts of the world, nothing extraordinary was listed. I flipped through all the pages of the newspaper and found nothing unusual about the Sun.

"Ya gonna stand there all day, or are ya gonna buy a paper?" the guy behind the counter asked.

I reached into a front pocket of my blue jeans and magically produced a one dollar bill to give the newsstand clerk. "Here ya go," I stated flatly and handed him the bill.

"Thanks, buddy. Seeya around!" he chuckled.

I walked down the street and around a corner before teleporting yet again, this time to the rooftop of a highrise in Chicago. Once again, I searched for the Sun and was unable to locate it. Satisfied that I had conducted a thorough search, I teleported back to Celestia's bedchamber. I transformed myself back into my Alicorn form.

"Celestia, I searched for the Sun in my home world and was unable to locate it with my magic. I suspect that nothing has changed on my home world to require my services there. It is my hope that I will be able to remain here in Equestria with Trixie -- I would like to raise some foals with her, if that's not too much to ask."

"I have some bad news for you, Michael -- Trixie will not be able to carry any foals for you as you are now an Alicorn. When you were still a unicorn, she would have been able to conceive, but your genetic make-up is different as an Alicorn."

I fell to my haunches and held my head in my fore-hooves. I saw the Sun Goddess frown, but it was one of compassion as opposed to one of anger. She trotted over to my side and wrapped a wing around me.

"I know this is hard for you to take, Michael, and I'm sorry this news disappoints you so much. Is it so important for you that you and your wife have foals together?"

"I would like that honor, your Majesty," I said, perhaps a little too hastily. The Solar Princess sighed softly, holding me a little more closely to her with her left wing.

"Trixie was wondering where you were, Michael," she said angrily. "So what honor would you like with the Princess? Is Trixie not enough of a mare for you?"

"Celestia says we can't have foals, as my genetic code doesn't match with yours," I stated flatly.

"Trixie is not ready to be a mother just yet, Michael -- is your desire for her to give you a foal based on selfishness?" she asked, frustration coloring her words. "Trixie wants to know why you and the Princess were holding each other!"

"I apologize, Trixie. I was merely trying to console your husband when I told him the bad news that you cannot carry any foals for him," Celestia offered.

"Trixie thinks that's good news," she chuckled. "Trixie will let Michael know when she is ready to be a mother, and not any time sooner! Michael, come here! Let's return to our room, we need to talk!"

I trotted over to her side as we left the Solar Princess' bedchamber to return to ours. I wasn't sure how much longer we were going to be staying here, but until we were asked to leave, I figured the room would be ours for the time being. I wasn't sure what to expect from Trixie, considering her mood.

PreviousChapters Next