• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 2,700 Views, 26 Comments

Dragonball P - Kira



What if it wasn't Earth that Goku had been sent to destroy? What if he had landed in Equestria and lost his memories there instead?

  • ...
3
 26
 2,700

Zecora and Goku

Dragonball P

A Kira story


Chapter 1

Zecora and Son Goku

Things had been fairly normal around the Ponyville area thus far into the day, and the Everfree forest was in the same condition. Zecora was normally out gathering herbs, the cauldron was on a warm brew to start a potion to cure her achy joints. This was a bit bothersome, but she had to do it every two weeks or it got very painful. That was part of the reason why she lived so far away from Ponyville- the herbs she needed only grew in a specific part of the forest.

As she wandered about on this particular day, however, she began to feel something very unfamiliar. She knew the magical 'feel' of everything in these woods, but this was just very different. It was a strong feeling, off the charts powerful. Still, she brushed to the side of her attention and continued looking for the wamparoot plant she needed.

She stumbled across a patch rather quickly, but to her surprise, most of it was just a crater with a couple of scorch marks around it. Suddenly, she sensed the same thing she had before, but this time it was closer, and getting closer still. She looked around and got battle ready, preparing for the worst of the worst. She'd felt an Ursa Major's magical presence, and it had nothing on this. There was a ruffling in the brush next to her and she turned to see... Actually, she wasn't sure. It was small, pale, walked on two legs, and had a large mane. It also had hands, a rarity in Equestria. Despite its powerful presence, it looked frail and weak, like a child.

"Who is this strange creature I see? Do you come here for war, or peacefully?" Zecora asked.

"I could ask the same thing to you." It said. She noted the high voice. It was most definitely a child.

"Tell me, what is your name, oh tiny little one?" She asked him tenderly. "As we speak, follow me, so into fowl creatures you don't run."

"Uh... I don't really know." It said as they walked. "I don't really remember much at all, actually. I just woke up in here a little while ago and have been walking around."

"I know of a place so far away, where the ponies have different words they say. A name for you I shall decide, using their language as a guide." Zecora promised. She decide to use a foreign language to name him, at least temporarily, to keep her from becoming attached to him. As far as she knew, he was simply an animal. She even noted a monkey-like tail on his nude body.

Goku she thought, not thinking in rhyme Many didn't realize that she . Aware of emptiness, I believe it means. He is aware of his amnesia, whereas most wouldn't be. This is unusual.

"The name I picked is Son Goku, a name rather suitable for you." She said. Her hut came into view, but Goku just walked along quietly. After reaching the house, the pair stood outside as Goku began to barrage her with questions.

"What's your name?"
"What kind of animal are you?"
"Why did you pick that name?"
"Why do you have a sun on your butt?"

But the most prominent and meaningful question was his final on. He looked up into her eyes and asked "What do I do now?"

The question perplexed Zecora. She had no clue as to what was going to happen to the child. She didn't even know what kind of creature it was. The only thing she could think to do was raise it on her own. It was a child, and most likely would have survived much longer in the forest if she hadn't found him. As well, she wanted to investigate that powerful essence he seemed to be emitting.

"Little child, you'll stay with me, I'll teach how to be with ponies." Zecora said.

"Ponies, huh?" Goku said. "Okay, sure. Why not?"

Suddenly, Goku's face scrunched up and he inhaled deeply. I light started to form on his hands, and as he released a sneeze a large blast of energy shot out of either hand. One blasted a tree to bits and the other hit the ground,. causing a crater that looked exactly like the one Zecora had seen earlier.

"Little Goku, what was that thing? What was that burst that made my ears ring?" Zecora asked, stepping back partly in fear and partly in readiness to dodge another blast.

"Sorry, I had to sneeze." Goku said, as if that explained everything.

"It seems you have power beyond your size. Such power many fail to recognize." Zecora said. It was true, many wouldn't see Goku as powerful. However, now it was more important than ever to raise him correctly- the wrong influence could have devastating results.

"Oh, yeah, that." Goku said, just realizing what she was talking about. "Yeah, I can do that whenever I really want. I'm not sure why, but I kinda already knew how when I woke up. It's like breathing, but more tiring."

"I see you r reign on this power is loose. Some order we must introduce." Zecora said, finally opening the door to the hut. "I'll train you in ways of life and magic, and prevent your powers from causing an accident so tragic."

"Yeah, it's pretty annoying to have those thing come out of me when I sneeze." Goku said. "It's kind of cool, but still pretty annoying."

Goku shivered with a breeze flowing through, and Zecora noticed.

"Come child, let's get you dressed. From there, we'll take care of the rest." she said, guiding him inside.


In a royal garden, far away from the forest the two were in, a large stone statue began to rock back and forth. There had been a power surge of energy somewhere far off, followed by a few more in the minutes that passed. None of the guard ponies saw, but the shock wave from the blast put a small hairline fracture in the statue. That was enough, though. Discord was crafty and patient. He slowly shook back and forth, every shake opening the crack half a millimeter more. The only thing fully opened was his eyes, which could see everything around him. He looked into the chaos and saw in the distance a small figure blasting energy out of it's hands. He was the one responsible for this crack. Discord would have to thank him when he got out.

Author's Note:

Jesus Christ, it's hard to rhyme that much. It's also hard to make a reason why Goku's name is Japanese when there is no Japan in the Equestrian world. IT'S DIFFICULT!

So, short first chapter, but the rest will be longer on average. The chapter titles will be based on the anime episode titles.

Anyways, this fic starts off at an alternate version of Dragonball, not Dragonball Z. Goku is a child and has no clue as to what his powers really are. I try to refrain from Zecora calling his powerful presence a high power level, but it will happen eventually, I guarantee that. If it sucks, deal with it. I don't care about any of you anyways. Except you. Yes, you, the one reading this right now. You specifically. The rest are garbage.

-The pony who plans for a new world, Kira

Comments ( 26 )

Hmm, a fellow Dbz crossover writer? Nice. I'll see where this goes. I'll give a thumbs up, but ou gotta earn a favorite :ajsmug: haha. Keep going

1902020
You'd better believe I'll earn that favorite. And I'll be sure to read you stories as well. I like Dbz fics of any kind. Well, most kinds. Ugh, not the... No goku clopfics. Ever.

Oh, its a more serious cross over, I thought it was a reference to this,

(non-pony version)

Also though I am a fan of dragon ball you could say I am a rather late comer so there are a lot of gaps in my knowledge of the series (plus it's so dang long) but it was my understanding that baby goku though powerful by human standards was rather weak for a sayin.

1902047
Yes, but he would still be very powerful in Equestria, where the strongest thing is magic. I don't think Twilight's levitation spell is much stronger than a Kamehameha.

What the fuck! I had this exact same idea and pitched it to my friend months ago. Now I see it written by another author (Who has a username the exact same as a character name in his story)

Author's name is Boyzilla if you're wondering. Still, I had the same idea of Goku going to Equestria. Only he was discovered by Lyra.

Please don't make me regret passing up the chance to write it.:facehoof:

Hmm....very interesting. Nice first chapter....its earned a more curious glance from myself. I won't like or fav until I can see a few chapters down the line. But nice work so far. :eeyup:


By the way, imagine the following scenario anime-like style. I am sure you have seen this in DBZ several times. Ok,
This is the Goku we see in this chapter, more or less.
th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/332/2/9/dragon_ball_z___baby_goku_by_tekilazo-d2v7qcg.jpg

Now, superimposed in the background dramatically is the future power that will soon be wielded by this legendary warrior.

media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/31/11738-ssj_goku.jpg

Okay I read it. I agree with you on Zecora's rhyming. And there is a Japan in Equestria. It's called Neighpon. Language=neighponese.

Still, I enjoyed this. Don't fuck it up.:ajbemused:

1902579
Subtle. I like that.

1902530
No worries! I'm apparently a good author, so it will probably not be terrible. Maybe.

1902561
That's a little bit of what I've already got going. I've set Goku's physical tone as weak and childlike, but shown that he can blast the shit out of things.

1902802Well, I am liking your story so far, and you seem to be capable of good grammar, punctuation, spelling, and all that jazz. But I have a quick question. How often do you predict you will be able to update this story?

No disrespect, but I expect a good 100k words. Coming from the fact that you have so much to cover. Will read though.

Is there going to be a time skip? As in Goku grows up time skip? And Super Saiyany goodness?
3.bp.blogspot.com/_5k8oCN0qdL8/StWjTbIqTBI/AAAAAAAAAW0/-ycg2riQJk4/s400/GokuDragonballZ.jpg

I have no words for this. I will wiat and see it play out.

L
L #13 · Jan 4th, 2013 · · ·

Kira posts a story;
12 suppourtive comments in one day
like to dislike ratio, 3/1

L posts a story;
10 negative comments in a week
vast amounts of dislike
(╯:flutterrage:)╯︵ ┻━┻

1904195
Kira ALWAYS wins.:pinkiecrazy:

1902805
Well, weekly is a hope, but I am a very busy person as of late. I'll try and update as much as possible. I have another story, though, that has a lot more fans, so I'll be switching between the two.

1902810
100K+ words is a guarantee, at least if something huge doesn't come between me and my work. IT SHALL BE DONE! :flutterrage:

1902966
Perhaps. Perhaps there will be another way for Goku to become older. We'll see. :moustache:

1905030What's it about? And I really hope you can pull off a good 100k+ story. There are so few DBZ crossovers on this site, and about half, if not a bit less than half, turn out good.

1905067
I hate to reveal plot early, but I suppose I can give a general outline. Zecora finds Goku (as you read) and raises him. As he grows, they train his power. In his adolescence he becomes very powerful, although weak by Saiyan standards, and becomes accepted as a citizen of Ponyville. The power surge from his entry, however, releases Discord (in a series of events) and Discord, in turn, manages to contact and summon a familiar face (I won't say who!). From there it's a secret. I feel like that didn't actually reveal anything that wasn't in the description, but thems the cards. You get the deal and go with it.

1905256Helpful, I guess. But I was asking about your other story. And why do I get the feeling he summons Freiza?

1905271
I feel like a huge dumbass. Anyways, the other story is called Unchangeling and it's pretty much a slice of life about a changeling named Crunch who can't change and gets exiled from the hive. It's got quite a few more fans than this story, with over 200 favorites and over 150 likes. I feel like I have to keep on updating that story as well, if not just for the fans.

1905313Alright then, thank you.:twilightsmile:

Wow another dragon ball crossover is this gonna become a fad or something? :rainbowlaugh:
Hope mine gets to be good as yours :pinkiesmile:

-Kiryu :moustache:

... so why did she name him Goku? And if he just landed, shouldn't he be a baby?

1907686
He is a baby, but not quite JUST a baby. In the anime (the series I'm basing this off of) he crashed as a young toddler. He is strong enough to walk around and developed enough to begin to learn and speak. And as for the name, the Equestrian equivalent to Japan (Neighpon, according to a few people on chat rooms and forums) is what she was referring to. She wanted to use a foreign name so as not to become to attached to this thing, which she still believes is a woodland creature. Goku means "Aware of Emptiness" in Japanese (and Neighponese), and she used it because he was aware of his amnesia, or mental emptiness, which is unusual for someone who's alone.

Cool story although I don't think goku could fire kai out of his hands when he was young at least in till he saw someone else fire a kamehameha but I guess you have to make a few changes from the anime. Anyway can't wait to see an update and how the story turns out you have my like and fav :pinkiehappy:

I am interested in this story. Wish it was not on Hiatus though. Hope everything is well for you. Going to track this in case it starts getting updated again would not want to miss it! :eeyup:

you make me laugh.............................................. you gets tumbs ups!

Edit:update?

I just found this story, and I hope it goes off of hiatus soon, I really wanna see how this plays out.

Login or register to comment