• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,753 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,753

PreviousChapters Next
Rodeo - CalmNQuiet

What am I doing here? I kick at the worn wooden planks which made up the station platform. I should be at work. Ponyville needs its best cloud pusher in the sky. I turn, spread my wings, but I just canā€™t take off. Growling, I turn back around and look to the West.

Where is that train anyways? Is it always this late? Maybe I should fly out there and see. I look at the clock: three twenty seven. Three more minutes. I can do this. I waited three whole days, another three minutesā€”I can manage. Iā€™m not even sure what Iā€™m going to say to her. What did I say when she left?

I let myself reminisce just for a moment. I gave her a hug, told her to be awesome and off she went. Sure, I was sad, I had plenty of cool things to do while she was gone. I just had to do them alone. I hate being alone. I rub my eyes quickly and glance around. Good. No pony noticed anything.

Where is she? I look at the clock. Three twenty eight. Wow, whatā€™s wrong with this clock? Is it broken too? Maybe thatā€™s what happened. Maybe she wanted me to come but didnā€™t find the time to ask. I would have gone with her. Sure, I had work, but I could have gotten it off. Why did she have to take the Cutie Mark Crusaders instead of me? Iā€™m totally good at cheering! Heck, I even taught Fluttershy how to cheer. By the time I was done with her, she was cheering as loud as a train.

Train! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, there it is! I flutter up off the platform in excitement. Any minute now. I cover my eyes as the train steams to a halt next to the platform and wait. Not more than thirty seconds later, Iā€™m assaulted by three tiny bodies. They leap onto me, hug me, and jabber at me all at once.

ā€œLook Rainbow Dash! Mah big sister won first place!ā€

I watch Apple Bloom as she balances the trophy on top of her head. Itā€™s a pretty nice trophy, nice and big. All shiney. I have plenty at home. It wouldnā€™t be fair if I was the only one with a trophy.

ā€œAnd we met this huge stallion, he was really clumsy.ā€

ā€œClumsy and funny!ā€

I nod and look around the platform for her sister, the one that totally ditched me and went to the rodeo without me.

ā€œHey there Sugarcube, miss me?ā€ She nuzzles up against my neck and I feel a wave of heat wash over my face. I stammer out something, I think itā€™s, ā€œWelcome backā€, but Iā€™m not sure. I just feel good to see her, to feel her back. Iā€™m not even mad she ditched me anymore. Well. Maybe still a little.

I pull back, and make up some excuse. I need to get back to work. Iā€™m about to fly off.

A lasso catches me and I slide back down to the ground. Applejackā€™s muzzle is up against my ear now. She whispers for me to stay. I can hear her telling the fillies about trying to be rodeo clowns. Maybe Rarity can provide some costumes. Wow, they got excited. And in a flash, theyā€™re gone.

I struggle with the rope, but Applejack tightens her grip on me. Sheā€™s whispering an apology. I mumble that it was no big deal. Just some dumb rodeo anyways. She isnā€™t buying it. And then she mentions something about the real prize and I feel her tail trace over my cutie mark.

Oh... Oh!

I follow her back to the barn and we have a real rodeo, together.

Author's Note:

Seducing Applejack is best Applejack

PreviousChapters Next