• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,722 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,722

PreviousChapters Next
Neighbour - HapHazred

Applejack yawned, stretching her jaw muscles out as she blinked away the uncomfortable morning light, her eyelids feeling heavy and leaden. She hesitated.

The room was darker than it usually was at this time of the morning. Her window faced the east, after all. When the sun rose, it bathed her room, and her bed, in warm, blinding sunlight, jolting her awake. It was why out of all the Apple Family, she was the first to get up in the morning. But today, bright though it was, the normally yellow sunlight was diluted.

Applejack stood up straight, her vision blurry. Was it a cloudy morning? They were scheduled to have sunny skies all week long, she remembered... had there been a mix-up with the weather community again?

Or perhaps the answer was simpler. Maybe she had pulled her curtains closed that night. Applejack preferred to sleep with the window open, unless it was stormy... she liked the feeling of the breeze brushing through her mane as she fell asleep. Had there been a storm the night before? Applejack couldn't quite remember.

She rubbed her eyes. If there was a problem with the weather, it'd be a fifteen minute walk to Ponyville to get things cleared up. She sighed: living this far from civilization had it's downsides.

She rolled out of bed, stumbling to her hooves. She walked towards the window. Nope, the curtains were definitely open. She stuck her head out the window, trying to find the source of the disturbance.

"Hi there, neighbour," came a familiar voice. Applejack looked up.

Her jaw dropped.

"Y'know you kept on saying you were lonely this far away from Ponyville?" Rainbow Dash asked her, leaning out the window of her cloud-house. "Well, I decided that it'd be a great idea to move my house over here! Y'know? That way we can be neighbours!"

Applejack continued to stare.

"We could have garden parties and picnics and it'd really help with me sneaking over to your place, if you know what I'm saying..."

Applejack managed to pick her jaw off the floor and quietly positioned it closed again. Rainbow tilted her head, a broad, innocent smile plastered to her face.

"Surprised?"

"Y-yeah, I guess you could say that..." Applejack began. "Why're you up so early? It's seven in the mornin'."

"I move my house all the way here, and that's why you're surprised?"

"Well, all things considered..."

Rainbow scratched her head, hesitating briefly.

"Well, uh, I got lonely and couldn't sleep. So... I did this!" She held her hooves out, smiling once again. "Do you like it?"

Applejack scratched her chin.

"Could 'ya move it a little to the left?"

"Like this?"

Sunlight hit Applejack suddenly, almost blinding her. She smiled.

"Perfect. Now get down here so I can thank you proper!"

PreviousChapters Next