• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Puns - HapHazred

Applejack lay with her hooves wrapped around her pony, eyeing her with faint concern. Rainbow was shiverring, and would turn and toss in Applejack's grip. The sheets had become clammy and damp from the sweat and now and then, a whimper punctuated the silence in the bedroom.

"RD?" Applejack whispered, trying to shake her fillyfriend awake. "Having a nightmare?"

Rainbow did not respond. Applejack bit her lip. It hadn't been a question so much as a statement that might wake her up.

"Hey?" she asked, and squeezed Rainbow's barrel. "Hey, c'mon, you're worryin' me."

At last, Rainbow shot up, a shout erupting from her lips. She panted in the dark, her eyes shut tight.

"Oh, jeez..." she whispered. "That was... Oh, boy."

Applejack pulled Rainbow closer to her, and gently massaged Rainbow's shoulders. "It's okay. Bad dream?"

"Mmh..." Rainbow grunted. "Myeah."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"It was silly. There was... Uh... There were cities and towns and... everything was different and creepy. And the puns..."

"Puns?"

"Yeah. Everything... everything was horse puns," Rainbow said. "Like, Manhattan was Manehattan, and Philadelphia was Fillydelphia... and..."

Applejack frowned. "Sugarcube?"

"...yeah?"

"Those are what they're called," Applejack said. "What the hay is a 'Manhattan'?"

Rainbow opened her eyes, swallowing. "Oh, sweet Jesus..." she mouthed, looking at Applejack from hooves to withers.

Applejack tilted her head. "We're ponies, remember?"


Rainbow Dash leapt from the bed with a scream, disentangling herself from Applejack's arms and tripping away from the bed in fright. She held out her hands and began to touch herself furiously.

"Hands... nose... feet... Oh, thank Christ, I'm still human..."

She collapsed against the wall as Applejack flicked the bedside lamp on, looking at Rainbow Dash with wide eyes.

"What is it, sugar'?"

Rainbow Dash slid down to the floor, panting.

"AJ, I'm never letting you take me to the stables ever again if you keep saying those awful puns."

"That's what've been giving you nightmares for the past week?"

Rainbow ran her hands over her face. "I didn't want to say anything, I know it's dumb, but..."

"It's darn-tootin' hilarious."

"Hey! Appreciate my struggles!"

Applejack slid out of bed after Rainbow, and wrapped her hands around Rainbow's hips. She leaned over Rainbow's smaller frame, letting her body press into hers with a smile.

"I appreciate 'em. I promise I won't make fun," she said quietly.

Rainbow brushed her hair out her eyes, and pouted.

"Well... good." She narrowed her eyes. "And no more making me think what it'd be like to be a pony!" she added, prodding Applejack's chest with her finger.

Applejack kissed Rainbow's cheek. "No problem. Wouldn't want you to scream yourself horse."

"I hate you."

"I love you too."

PreviousChapters Next