• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,722 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,722

PreviousChapters Next
Instantiate - bookplayer (Wet Feathers Letter 3)

Dear AJ,

Iā€™m writing this in the apple cellar. I canā€™t look away from the barrels. You know Iā€™ve been down here every few hours today. The weird thing is that I really love being down here, I love being underground, just because I get to look at them.

There is so much awesomeness in these barrels, AJ. I have to list it.

1) You totally forgave me for the cider press incident.

2) Not only did you forgive me, but you taught me how the press worked so I donā€™t try something dumb again. And you taught me how to make hard cider, and I promise again, you wonā€™t regret that. Iā€™ll never have more than two mugs of hard cider a day. That was the deal, and you know I keep my promises.

3) This zap apple season I felt for the first time ever like I was helping you in a way that nopony else could. Sometimes I feel like a fifth wheel around here, but when I was able to spread that weather you needed farther around the orchard, I finally could do something for you that you weren't better at doing yourself.

4) Because of my help, you had all those extra zap apples. And you were so happy, and Granny and Mac were so happy. I did that. Itā€™s awesome.

5) You trusted me with the zap apples and the cider press. Since we had too many for jam, you actually trusted me to come up with an idea for how to use them, and you let me try making zap apple cider all by myself.

6) Zap apple cider. I donā€™t think I need to say anything else.

7) You were totally interested in it, and we got to do it together. You even came up with the idea of making it into hard cider, so selling it wouldnā€™t overlap with the jam. We had fun, and got messy, and we were both really into it.

8) For the first time in a long time, Iā€™m really excited about something. I used to be excited to perform, or excited to see you again, but those were just cool things. And then I was excited that I was going to retire and spend time with you, but I never really knew what would happen after that.

Now, Iā€™m excited. Iā€™m excited like I used to be about joining the Wonderbolts. You know Iā€™ve been talking to you non-stop about different things we could try next year, different ways of distilling, different fruits we can add into the mix. Iā€™ve told you all the plans Iā€™m making, for what Iā€™m going to call it and for the label. Iā€™ve been talking to Filthy Rich about the marketing and writing to the PR ponies I know about advertising and endorsements.

But itā€™s not even about that. Itā€™s about having something to work on, something I really love. And Iā€™m working on it with you, with somepony I love. Could this get any more awesome?

It couldnā€™t, because my life couldnā€™t get any more awesome. I have an awesome farm and an awesome family and awesome magic apple cider, and the most awesome pony in the world who gave it to me, and shares it with me, and is ready for an awesome amazing future with me. My life is in these barrels.

You should sit down here with me and look at them. They're amazing. And we could do other stuff, too.

Love you more than ever,

Dash

Author's Note:

Wet Feathers Letters. The biggest thing to look forward to on friday since weekend itself.

PreviousChapters Next