• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Wherever - bahatumay

Rainbow Dash sprinted through the forest, taking care to duck under tree branches and not scatter any leaves. She would have been much faster flying away, but she couldn't risk her pursuer seeing her trademark rainbow contrail.

She tried to control her breathing as she leaped over rocks, hopped over a stream, and dodged a low-hanging branch. There would be nothing worse than hiding and being discovered by her heavy breathing.

She continued running. Now feeling comfortable enough with her lead to search for a hiding spot, she started looking around. Not in a tree, that would be too obvious. Not in a cave; those were too unsettling for her pegasi instincts. Maybe under a pile of leaves? Nah, last time she tried that, her tail gave her away.

Rainbow soon spotted the perfect place: an old hollow log, laying on the forest floor, just outside a little meadow--perfect vantage point. She quickly scuttled inside, tossed leaves on herself for camouflage (making especially sure to hide her tail) and waited.

She didn't have to wait long. Soon enough, an orange earth pony entered the clearing. She slowed to a trot as she crossed it, and finally slowed to a stop. She closed her eyes and took a few breaths to calm herself down, and dug a rear hoof into the earth. Whatever she was searching for, she must have found; because she quickly pulled her hoof out and took off running again.

Rainbow suppressed a snicker. Success!

She decided to wait a bit longer before leaving, though. Applejack had doubled back before, and she had no intention of losing because of falling for the sa-

"Hi there."

Rainbow let out a "gah!" of surprise and spun around. At least, she tried to; but being inside a log, she just ended up hitting her head on the top. Groaning and rubbing her head painfully, she opened an eye to see a smiling Applejack, standing on the log and looking down with an undeniably cheeky look on her face.

"Ah do believe Ah'm four for four," she said cheerfully.

"Lucky guess," Rainbow muttered for the fourth time that day as she extracted herself from the log.

"Suuure," Applejack grinned. "Like Ah said, wherever you go, Ah'll find you."

"Whatever. Let's try this again." Rainbow stretched her rear legs and prepared to run again.

"Ah, ah," Applejack said, jabbing a hoof at her face..

Rainbow sighed dramatically but paid the penalty--one kiss (albeit very brief) on the cheek. "All right. Thirty second head start?"

"Ah'll give ya forty if you kiss my lips when Ah find you."

"If," Rainbow corrected instinctively.

"When," Applejack retorted.

A tiny smile played on Rainbow's lips. "You're on."

DELETED SCENE:

"Ah'll do forty if you kiss my lips when Ah find you."

"Hmm..." Rainbow considered this. Then she grinned evilly. "Fifty, and it'll be on your cutie mark."

Applejack's eyes widened ever so slightly and she subconsciously bit her lower lip. "You're on."

PreviousChapters Next