• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,745 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,745

PreviousChapters Next
Capture - Rangelost

"This is not fair," the pony said.

She turned around and bucked the tree with a solid kick, and the apples fell into the bushels around it.

"This is so not fair," she repeated, lifting her hat to wipe her brow. The scorching sun burned high in the hot sky. Letting out an aggravated sigh, she dragged her sweaty self to the next tree. As she turned around, however, her ear twitched as she heard the faint echo of hooves against bark from the opposite side of the next row.

Getting in position again, she assaulted the trunk with a kick or two to harvest the fruits, and proceeded further down the row. Eventually, she came across the other pony working in the fields.

"Hangin' in there?" the latter asked, smiling softly.

"Yeah," the pony answered, visibly exhausted.

"Just one more row," the other pony said, before giggling. "Y'know, Rainbow, you don't look half bad with a hat on."

The pegasus rolled her eyes, then resumed her work.

* * *

"Ha!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash, "the day I work on the farm is the day you beat me in a race, Appleslack!"

"Oh yeah?" retorted Applejack, grinning. "So all I have to do is beat you in a race, y'all are gonna work on the farm fer an entire day?"

"Pfft! Make that an entire week! There's no way I am losing against you!" the pegasus certified.

The orange mare simply spat on her hoof, and presented it to her friend. "From here to the front gate," she bet.

"You're on." A wet cyan hoof met hers, and both ponies got in position.

"Ready set go!" Rainbow swiftly called before taking off into the sky...

... and landing face first into the dirt.

"Egh, what the...?!" she asked, glancing at herself. Her wings were bound by a too-familiar lasso. She turned around, and saw Applejack winking back at her while galloping away in the distance.

"Way ahead o' ya!" she heard.

"Oh, this is not fair," the pegasus muttered, picking herself up and running after her friend.

* * *

"Looks like I captured myself a Rainbow Dash!" the earth pony announced as they walked inside.

Rainbow Dash, however, simply followed with an unamused frown on her face.

"Aw, don't be like that, Rainbow. Tell you what, you don't have to stay all week."

The pegasus still didn't look too happy.

"Uh, here," Applejack continued. She fumbled in a closet, then took out a hat identical to her own, and put it on her friend's rainbow mane. "Now ya look just like a real farm pony!"

Dash blinked, looking up at the tip of her new hat. Despite herself, a giggle escaped her lips.

* * *

"Hooie! Never done buckin' so many rows in a single day. You doin' okay there, pony girl?" Applejack asked as Rainbow Dash was finishing her row.

"Can't feel my legs," the pegasus complained.

"Aw, c'mere, you," the orange mare said softly as she pulled her friend in a supportive embrace. "How 'bout a long bath to relax those muscles? I could use one too, if you don't mind sharin'."

Rainbow Dash felt the heat shift from her sore hooves all the way up into her cheeks. "Uh... y'know, if that's how you end your work days, I... don't mind staying the whole week."

PreviousChapters Next