• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,748 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,748

PreviousChapters Next
Dress (2) - Callisto

Applejack shifted uncomfortably in her garment, pulling at it to straighten out the wrinkles. She had washed it to get the dust off, but there were a few stains she couldn't quite get rid of. Granny Smith assured her they weren't even visible (but also told her to keep her hooves moving so no one could get a good look.) It was a little too tight around the hips, and a little too loose around the stomach. The bright, verdant color the dress once had now faded to a pale moss. Luckily, the dress was simple, so there weren't many other things that could possibly go wrong with it.

It was old, but still strong, much like Winona. If Applejack squinted, she could still see the simple beauty the dress had when Rarity originally made it for her.

If Rarity weren't so busy in opening her new shop in Manehatten, maybe Applejack would have asked her to remake it. But the earth pony had to push that thought aside and focus on the now. It was a rough growing season, and she couldn't go to a tailor in town to have the dress fixed up.

"This'll have to do," she said as she gave her dress a final look over before looking up at the intimidating luxury of the Canterlot ballroom. It never scared her before, but she never cared about what anypony thought about her before.

Tonight was different. Tonight, she would know for sure, and put away her long suffering idea of, "what if?"

Taking a deep breath, Applejack trotted into the ballroom. Her loose mane and tail had slight curls to them from being in a braid all day long, which bobbed up and down with every determined step. She ignored scowls and dirty looks. She pretended that she didn't hear the whispers and chuckles from the more opulent guests. She had to look past all that as she searched the crowd. She could hear her heart beat in her ears out of rhythm to the music that was being played by the band.

And then, she saw her goal. She stopped, took a deep breath, then made a bee line for the familiar rainbow mane, being tossed about as she laughed at a joke.

'She looks so happy', Applejack thought as she got closer, her determination wavering. Suddenly, the entire premise of her visit felt very selfish, and she started to question her right to even be there that night.

Then Applejack stopped cold in her tracks when a pair of magenta eyes locked onto her. She had to fight the desire to run away, and struggled to hear over the sound of the gears in her head screeching to a halt.

They stared at each other for a moment, unsure of what to make of each other.

Then the pegasus left the pony she was talking to in mid-sentence as she made her way to the farmer pony. The crispness of Rainbow's freshly pressed uniform made Applejack all too aware of the small tear at the collar of her own dress.

The Pegasus stopped in front of the apple farmer, and Applejack realized for the first time that Rainbow Dash was smiling.

A moment passed.

The next thing she knew, Applejack was being embraced by Rainbow's strong forelegs. "Oh, my gosh! AJ!" she said, a small quaver in her voice. "I haven't seen you in ages!" She pulled away, looking Applejack up and down. "And you're wearing the dress from my going away party!"

Applejack struggled to fight back her tears. Still, her eyes glistened as she responded, "Well, Ah remember how much ya liked it."

Rainbow hugged her again, not letting go, or worrying about the other ponies staring at the new Wonderbolts Captain having such an intimate moment in such a public place with a bedraggled earth pony. "I'm so glad you're here!"

Applejack didn't care about the questions that had been plaguing her for years, the nights she spent thinking about all the times she could have admitted her feelings, or how she longed to kiss the blue Pegasus. All she knew was that for at least that moment, Rainbow Dash was hers.

And she never wanted her to let go.

PreviousChapters Next