• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,748 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,748

PreviousChapters Next
Feather - First_Down

Sometimes when you wake up without your favorite blanket, the bite of a cold morning grips deep in the bones. On those days, Applejack refused to lie in bed and think about what was missing.

Instead, she stretched and padded over to the closet, removing her Stetson off the rack where it always hung, and smiled. The shock of blue tucked against the tan colored material was unmistakable. She brought it close to her nose and inhaled. The edge of the feather tickled her muzzle. The scent was still there: fresh rain and lingering electricity from the inherent magic contained within. And there was an additional hint of pine from when Dash crashed into that tree an hour before offering this latest gift. It had been four days ago but the memory still made Applejack chuckle.

When describing Rainbow Dashā€™s appearance, her fans often started with an obvious attribute. Her mane, a vibrant kaleidoscope. Her tail, wild and untamed. Those rose-colored eyes. But for Applejack the first thing she thought of was her wings. Those feathers. She was in love with Dashā€™s feathers. They hummed with energy, expressive and alive like a sentient creature in of itself. They warmed her during the cool days and fanned a current during the warm ones. They teased her body in playful moments. They caressed her in intimate ones that made her ears twitch and her hips shift. They curled around her for protection and blanketed her in safety. They said all the feelings of love Applejack knew Dash felt for her and they did it without saying a word.

It was not a one-sided affair either. Applejack could make those feathers sigh when she groomed them the way Dash showed her once. She could make them stand when she tickled along the edge of each vane. Whenever she softly bit along a ridge she could make them sing, echoing the breathless cry of her lover whose head would toss back, opened mouth and closed eyes. In moments of true happiness she could bury her face into that wall of down, that place where no doubt or worry could ever reach.

Applejack blinked and lowered the Stetson for a moment, reality working its way back in, before expertly flipping it on to her head. In the mirror her image grinned back, the blue feather giving her outline a rakish appearance. She could be a journalist or maybe a pirate. Applejack laughed and shook her head. No, today she would be a farmer, waiting for her marefriend to return this evening from her latest Wonderbolt tour. They would greet with honest smiles. And it would follow; more kisses, more stories, more feathers.

PreviousChapters Next