• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,750 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,750

PreviousChapters Next
Smooze - HapHazred

"Well... great." Twilight kicked her forehooves around, trying to free herself from the viscous green fluid she was trapped in. Her entire body from her belly to her tail was completely immersed, and she was sinking quickly. "I thought Discord was reformed!"

"Y'might want to stop strugglin', sugarcube," Applejack warned. Her mane was sticky and slick with green goo. "Rarity and Pinkie both tried that, an' look at them now."

She gestured as best she could towards the inside of the monster. Rarity looked petrified, floating around with a permanent look of disgust on her face. Her mane and tail both floated around slowly, like it were underwater. Pinkie, by comparison, looked like she was enjoying the ride. Neither could be heard from inside the Smooze.

Twilight didn't listen, and continued to sink inwards. "I don't care! I have to salvage the evening! For the Princess!" She looked back at the two ponies trapped inside out of morbid curiosity. "How are they still breathing? Is there some kind of stasis field in there? Can you breathe Smooze?" She twisted her face in horror as she contemplated the idea. "Oh, please don't make that be it..."

"Twi', you're strugglin'," Applejack repeated. "Don't. Fluttershy will sort this out, mark my words."

"But we can help!" Twilight argued, flailing her hooves. She was now up to her neck in the gloop. "I'm the Princess of Friendship! We can doā€”"

With that final, desperate cry, she disappeared completely to join Rarity and Pinkie, floating inside the belly of the beast like a fly trapped in honey. Applejack sighed. "I did tell ya'."

"Hey, AJ..." Rainbow said from above. "I guess it's just us, huh?"

The Smooze rounded a corner out towards the gardens. Applejack nodded, careful not to move too much. The Smooze was like quicksand. "Yup. Some evenin', huh?"

"Yeah. But hey, at least the silver lining is we can spend some time together without the fillies, huh?" Rainbow said. From this angle, Applejack couldn't even see her friend. "Hey, it's a pretty sweet evening, too. Minus the goo-monster."

Applejack looked up at the sky. The Smooze was ambling outside at a leisurely pace, eating up the cutlery and odd potted plant. "Yup. It's mighty pretty."

"Hang on, gimme' a sec'..." Rainbow said. Applejack heard the sound of squishing and squelching from above.

"What're you doin'?"

"I'm getting closer... almost there..."

Applejack suddenly felt the weird sensation of feathers trapped in Smooze brush against her sides. She craned her neck to the right, and there Rainbow was, sticking her tongue out as she concentrated. "How're you movin'?" Applejack asked her, impressed. "Every time I try, I just get trapped even more."

"Uh... the cool answer is five percent pain, ten percent willpower, twenty percent coolness, and... uh..." Rainbow furrowed her brow. "Some other stuff. But really, some more advanced flying training is actually swimming through mud. Weird but true."

Applejack shook her head. Rainbow finally managed to secure her wing around Applejack's waist, pulling the pair together. "There!" she exclaimed happily. "I did it!"

Applejack leant her head against Rainbow as the Smooze continued on his path, heading heavens knew where. "You'll never stop surprisin' me, sugar'," she said with a smile. Rainbow grinned.

"You haven't seen nothing yet!" she said. More squelching later, and Rainbow had pulled out an amourphous shape, drenched in green, sticky fluid. As it dripped off, Applejack recognized her hat. She brightened up.

"My... you got my hat?"

"Yup. I saw you dropped it, so I grabbed it before we were dragged away," Rainbow said, slapping the Stetson on Applejack's head with a revolting splat, showering both of them in goo. "It's a bit messy, but we're all messy right about now, right?"

Radioactive green gloop slid over Applejack's eye as she grinned, and she moved in to nuzzle Rainbow. "You're always thinkin' of me," she said. "Thanks."

"Anytime!" Rainbow said. "Hey, I think we're still sinking in."

Applejack felt it too. The Smooze was slowly, very slowly, sucking her down into the centre. "Yup, looks about right." She sighed. "I don't mind spendin' what time we got peacefully, though. I'm sure Flutters' will talk Discord down."

"Yeah. Might as well enjoy the ride," Rainbow said as the Smooze passed over several small animals and plants, absorbing them all. Pinkie gave a silent, slow motion squeal of delight. Rainbow showed Applejack a sly grin. "Hey, remember the last time we got sticky and wet together?"

"Shut up. We're in public."

PreviousChapters Next