• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Travel - TheRealRainbowDash

Snuggling closer to Dash, Applejack watched as she pulled out another souvenir from her official Wonderbolt's saddlebag and placed it in on the table in front of them. The coffee table in the living room of the Apple household was a deep brown - made of old mahogany and hand made by Applejack's grandcolt - and currently dotted with various items.

"This one's from the show I just did in Manehattan," Dash began, with that far away look of remembrance in her eyes. In her hooves she held the letter 'A'. The kind that was white and went on billboards to advertise whatever a pony wanted.

"Soarin' was looking at some mares flank, as always and crashed face first into the billboard of this fruit stand. It's always a fruit stand, ya know? You should've seen the owner, he was redder than your brother and all we could do was laugh. Turns out, the owner Banana Split, is a distant cousin of yours and said, 'On account o' me owin' cousin Applejack a favor and cause ya haven't broke 'er heart yet, I'll let y'all off just this once.' Then he handed me the letter Soarin had knocked off, said to say hi for him and we flew off before Mr. Clumsy could do any more damage!" Dash, continued, making exaggerated hoof motions and sound effects as she related the story to Applejack.

Applejack chuckled, enjoying the story, but enjoying more the feel of the hot sweaty pegasus who had just returned to her. Dash raced back as fast as possible after every tour, coming home to regale her with stories of her travels, but mostly just to be with her again.

Applejack, zoning out as Dash went on a tangent about the newest trick Spitfire did at the show - she'd heard it twice already - looked again at the items on the table.

There was a beaded necklace from Little Strongheart as congratulations for both of them when Dash had done a show in Appleloosa, a single slipper that Soarin and Dash had managed to swipe from Celestia when they performed for the Princess herself - of course Luna had helped and promised to cover their tracks - an exploding joke cigar Spitfire had given to Dash in Fillydelphia when she told her teammates she was going to propose to Applejack when she got back and a dozen other little knickknacks that Dash liked to carry with her.

A ray of light shone off something in the saddlebags Dash had placed on the floor in what was probably just dumb luck. From inside the saddlebag Applejack could see a dirty, worn apple pendant hanging from a string double knotted to the inside of the bag. Vaguely she recalled that she'd given it to Dash on their first date, nearly five years ago.

Following her gaze, Dash looked at it and smiled. "That one's my favorite souvenir. It reminds of you and much I love travelling home."

PreviousChapters Next