• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,722 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,722

PreviousChapters Next
Discord - Vengeful Demon

Some wounds heal quickly, becoming a distant memory after only a few short weeks. Others however, scab over and fester, leaving a permanent mark where there had previously been no blemish.

“Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?”

This was one of those scars, and one that Rainbow knew well. Beneath her brash, and sometimes reckless demeanor, there lies fear. Fear for what could have been, for what almost was. She had abandoned her friends, her marefriend, and for what? To make sure a cloud didn't fall into chaos? Sure, she had been under his influence, but that only made it worse. What kind of ‘Element of Loyalty’ was she, if words could compel her to up and abandon Applejack? The very thought si--

“Dash, what’s the matter, why are you awake?”

Rainbow was brought back to reality by a voice emanating from beside her.

“Huh, Applejack?” Rainbow began, “I was just thinking about... stuff. Don’t worry about it, go back to sleep.”

“Dash, it’s one o'clock in the morning”, Applejack replied, “What could you have possibly been thinking about that was so important it couldn't wait until we got up?”

Applejack could see right through her, sometimes Rainbow hated that her marefriend was the ‘Element of Honesty’, it made keeping secrets way more difficult than it should be. There was no point in trying to keep her thoughts private now. She sighed, may as well get it over with.

“Discord.”

“Beg pardon?”

“I was thinking about Discord”, she said halfheartedly, “...and about me, about my... element. While you and our friends were off trying to save Equestria, what did I do? I left the first chance that I got. I left our friends... I left you... alone with a psychopath. What is something had happened... what if--”

“It wasn’t your fault sugarcube,” Applejack interrupted, “You were under his spell you didn’t have a choice, we were al--”

She was unable to finish her thought.

“Wasn’t my fault? WASN’T MY FAULT? YOU COULD HAVE BEEN HURT, OR WORSE, AND I’M SUPPOSED TO BE OKAY WITH IT BECAUSE ‘IT WASN’T MY FAULT?” tears were flowing freely from the pegasus’ eyes as she yelled at Applejack, “IF SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED TO ANY OF YOU, I WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE WITH MYSELF! WHAT IF YOU HAD BEEN KILLED? WHAT IF YOU NEEDED MY HELP? WHAT IF... what if...” Rainbow was sobbing now, curled up into a fetal position on her side of the mattress.

Applejack moved towards and embraced her marefriend, whispering in her ear, “Easy, easy, it’s okay. I love ya, Rainbow, and it doesn’t matter to me that you left us there, that day. All that I care about is the fact that you’re here, right now, lying beside me.”

These words had a soothing effect on the prismatic mare, and she soon drifted asleep, Applejack soon followed. The couple remained in each others’ hooves for the rest of the night.

Perhaps, in time, these scars too, would heal.

PreviousChapters Next