• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Fractured - bookplayer

“Ya' know, I'm surprised you don't wanna have foal, Dash. I never seen a mane like yours, it's a shame to not try to pass that on.” Applejack said, as she and Dash laid next to the lake.

“Believe me, I wish I could.” Dash sighed.

“Maybe we'll figure it out someday. Like, with magic or somethin'.”

“Maybe. . .” Dash frowned, and looked away. “It's, um, still not happening.”

“Why not? I know it's real. . .” Applejack considered this and then asked suspiciously, “It is real, right?”

“Hay yeah, it's real! Who's been saying it's not?” Dash looked back to Applejack with narrowed eyes.

“Nopony!” Applejack said quickly, then she cracked under Dash's glare. “Well, maybe a couple folks. But I always told 'em they're wrong.”

“Good.” Dash nodded. “Because my mane colors are real.”

“So why couldn't ya' pass it to a foal?”

“It's. . . I mean. . .” Dash tried to think of how to say it, and finally settled on, “it's kind of a mistake.”

“A mistake?” Applejack asked, confused. “How's your mane a mistake?”

“Well. . . both my parents had white manes. But. . . something happened with me. The doctors called it a genetic fracture.” Dash looked down. “It's, um, a mutation. So all the colors in their manes separated and. . .” She brushed her hoof against her mane, still avoiding AJ's eyes.

“Well, huh. That's interestin'. . . you okay?”

“Yeah. It's just, talking about it. I don't know.” Dash shook her head.

“What 'bout it?”

“It makes me feel like a freak, okay?”Dash looked up, frowning. “I mean, it's awesome to look at. But it's all 'cause something is broken. I can't pass it on to a foal, any other pony's normal color would work better than my broken one. That's what the doctors said, at least.”

“Rainbow Dash.” Applejack said, smiling a little at her marefriend. “You're complainin' cause you got a really amazin' mane, and you're the only pony in the world who's every gonna have one that pretty?”

“'Cause I'm a mutant.”

“'Cause you're special.” Applejack said, leaning in and giving her a kiss.

Dash tried to keep pouting, but a smile crept onto her face. “You know you totally just kissed a mutant.”

Applejack just chuckled. “The prettiest mutant I know.”

PreviousChapters Next