• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Reliable - bookplayer (Wet Feathers Letter 1)

Dear AJ,

Okay, I guess this is kind of weird. I woke up today in your room, and you were already out doing your chores, but the first thing that came into my mind was, ā€œItā€™s Tuesday! I need to write to Applejack!ā€

. . . guess this retirement thing is going to take some getting used to.

But Iā€™m so used to telling you stuff in letters, to making sure to tell you stuff, and Iā€™m still not that good at telling you face to face. So I figured, what the hay? I can write you a letter. Iā€™ll just stick it in the mailbox on Thursday night, and youā€™ll get it Friday like always. You donā€™t have to write me back, if you donā€™t want to, you can just tell me stuff.

So here goes. I left the Wonderbolts last Saturday. I donā€™t really know how to feel about that. I mean, my welcome home party was awesome, and waking up next to you every day has been seriously awesome, and not having to practice or get ready to go someplace new every other day, thatā€™s all cool too. But itā€™s starting to sink in that Iā€™m not going to be performing any more. I really loved that part, you know. Hearing the cheers, seeing the grins on ponies faces when they saw me flying, the gasps when I did something death defying- how am I going to live without all of that?

But that makes me wonder, why was the part I loved about other ponies? I mean, I could work for weeks on a trick, and if I flew it and the crowd didnā€™t notice, I just asked to drop the trick. I put all that work into it, but I didnā€™t care unless other ponies cared.

And that makes me think of you. You put work into all sorts of stuff other ponies donā€™t care about. I remember your letters last winter, about trying to nurse that tree back to health. Other ponies donā€™t care if their apples come from one tree or another tree. A lot of ponies donā€™t even care if their apples taste that good. But you care. Youā€™re proud that tree is healthy again, and Iā€™m proud of you for it.

So, I need to figure out what Iā€™m going to do next, but I decided I want it to be something Iā€™m proud of, even if nopony else cares. Except for you, I want you to be proud of it too. Maybe you can talk to me about it, when you get this letter.

I. . . liked writing this. Iā€™ve been feeling this way since I got home, but I never figured it out in words or stuff, I just felt it. And now I know weā€™ll both get it, so you can help me. And youā€™re right here, so I donā€™t have to wait for you to write back.

I think Iā€™ll keep writing you letters. Every Friday, check the mail, even though Iā€™m waking up next to you. Just, donā€™t tell the girls because I know this is kind of corny, and I do have a reputation.

I miss you now, so Iā€™m going to go find you and give you a kiss. I think this letter will be a surprise, but when youā€™ve read it, you should come and give me a kiss too. Thatā€™s one thing about retirement that Iā€™m already totally used to.

I love you, Applejack. I kept all my promises, and I guess Iā€™m still keeping them.

Love,

Dash

Author's Note:

Epilogue for all you 'Wet Feathers' fans

PreviousChapters Next