• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 3,171 Views, 108 Comments

What The Night Remembers - TCSNxs



After a successful festival for Nightmare Night, Luna comes to terms with a pony she feels a longing for, both in the past and in the present. What happens when she realizes she isn't just waxing nostalgia?

  • ...
8
 108
 3,171

Epilogue: To The Victor....

What The Night Remembers
By: TCSNxs

Epilogue
To The Victor...

“Consarn it, Luna! I asked ya not to do that,” Applejack quietly hissed while Luna’s eyes sparkled mischievously. The farmer regretted not closing and locking the window to her bedroom. Then again, if the farmer did, she would be without a playmate and likely very bored.

"As if I ever take orders from you, my fair Applejack," Luna said while holding that grin.

"Ah...nevermind," Applejack said, conceding the point.

Luna lamented that Applejack couldn't be with her in Canterlot due to her commitment to the farm. But given the alicorn could cover the distance as quickly as Pinkie could devour the Cake's well stocked pantry, it was only a minor issue. If nothing else, their dirty little secret kept Luna's wheels turning.

"That rabbit having a seizure or somethin'?" Applejack said, "Ya just going to stand there?"

"Sorry," Luna said apologetically, snapping herself back to reality. She gave a flap of her wings and landed on the bed with all four hoofs straddling the body of the farmer. Luna's face wore a gentle smile as she spoke, "Is this better?"

"Much," the farmer wore a half smile, her emerald eyes nearly shimmering in the lamp's light.

The Lunar Regent wanted to blurt out about her decision to make the farmer her Designate. At length though, she decided to wait. After all, what was time to an immortal alicorn? Twilight was recently transformed into one and that was years in the making. As such, Luna decided to not rush things along.

"Applejack, I do have a request," Luna said after the moment of silence.

"What's that, sugarcube?"

"Wear the hat?" the Lunar Regent said as she gave the farmer her best puppy dog eyes.

"Huh? Why?" the farmer asked.

"Because I asked," Luna said, "I could make you do it."

"Ah huh," the farmer said, far from impressed.

"Please?"

"Fine," she said, grabbing her trademark Stetson from the post of the bed. After a moment of adjustment, she farmer rolled onto her back once more to face Luna, "Better?"

"Much, but..." Luna said, drawing out her words, "Would you say it?"

"No," the farmer said, crossing her forehoofs over her barrel.

"Please?"

"You're worse than a puppy, you know that?"

"It is part of my charm," the alicorn grinned.

"Ah hate you," the farmer said with a groan.

"I love you to," the Lunar Regent said as she shifted to a soft smile, finally getting her request granted.

The Lunar Regent's horn flared to life and turned the lamp switch off. She fell upon Applejack in short order, planting a hard kiss to the Element of Honesty's lips. After a moment, the farmer managed to roll atop the alicorn and continue their dance. Not that Luna was one to deny the farmer's will. Somewhere in the starlit sky overhead, the moon's mental imagery of an applauding and whistling rabbit seemed enough of an expression of approval.

Comments ( 20 )

Sup guys.

As a final note, I wanted to thank you guys for putting up with my crap while reading through this. For what it's worth, you guys are the reason why the story was written and I really hope you enjoyed it.

ONWARD!

I loved this story, it was funny and cute.

All through, it has been a fairly solid story. There's a lot of odd typos here and there, and Applejack's dialogue is frequently... Unfitting. I think with some cleanup and a good bit of revision this could be a fantastic story, and the ship itself is delicious. It's good, but you definitely need to work on your homophones and some other common spelling mistakes.

Having you finish this story has made me acquire a feeling of contentment. Especially since I know you already started a sequel(I didn't imagine that, right?). Even though you have that....prequel? :pinkiesmile:


Anyways, excellent read! On shipping, I see better stories made from LunaJack than AppleDash, even if there are several hun- thousand more of the latter. It makes more sense, somehow. :scootangel:

The odd typos/grammar can be cleaned up, but the story itself was wonderful and I feared a tragic(or even worse, melancholic) ending the way that chapter before the epilogue played out. Bravo to this piece you have written and actually completed. It feels like a weight has been lifted of your mind, yes? Now you have...three to finish....GO! :twilightsmile:

Just want to say great story. There are not enough stories of a Luna/AJ pairing. From some other comments it looks like a sequel might be in the works. Which i hope is true. Now as for Luna wanting to make AJ her Designate I'm guessing that might imply that it will give AJ a chance to be come immortal possibly. If so It makes me wonder what tests she would have to go through like Twilight had.
:ajsmug:

2627866 Well I'm glad your well informed about a sequel. i look forward to one
:twilightsmile:

2627766 You're quite right about the errors. But honestly, aside from re-checking with a word processor, I won't be revising this story anymore. Six months and probably well in excess of 120 hours writing, revising, researching, dealing with random and recurring formatting errors from importing (which has led to some admittedly bad practices and falling out of love with what I've used in the past), it's finished. Anything can be perfected and tweaked, but there's also a time to call it good.

I 100% get what you're saying and I'm not dismissing it out of hand. But I need to move on.


2627866 I hadn't thought about a prequel really. I think, aside from time, the difficulty would be coming up with a story to satisfy both G1 aficionados and trying to develop a world that's easy enough to work with.

You're also quite right about a weight being lifted. It wasn't that the story wasn't a chore to do (otherwise I wouldn't do it. It's not like I'm paid for it), but finishing any heavy investment in time and energy is something to take a little personal pride in. :eeyup:

2628514 As far as a direct sequel, there won't be. However, the pairing will continue over into another story I'm doing. I dug it enough and the feedback was good enough to carry it over into a :trollestia:x:twilightsmile: currently in progress. Honestly, it set itself up that way.

If I ever meet you in real life don't be surprised or afraid when you get hit by a glob of what seems to be radioactive confetti, it's just a bunch of money for you to pick up. If somehow you knew what I looked like before this would be helpful, but because you probably don't I'll be the one with the shirt made of Cracker Jacks boxes.

2628926 I wouldn't object on bit. But are dollars made of Depleted Uranium? :derpyderp2:

2628746

"Dirty Little Secret" and "Loved By the Sun" aren't considered prequels? Alternate side stories then? Odd, I'm pretty sure I came across LBtS before WtNR, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me.


Regardless, worry about what you have already started before starting anything else if at least to stop my /poking... :twilightblush:

I am curious when Luna will declare Applejack a Designate and how that works. Would Applejack decline? I get the feeling that Luna would insist seeing as how....well....not going there now.
:eeyup:

2628939 Radium. Uranium. Plutonium. Either way, I'm sure I'll at least be "glowing" about it. eyes4less.com/wp-content/uploads/csi%20miami%20sunglasses%20yeah.jpg

2629153 Well, DLS I guess could be considered a prequel. As far as LBTS, it came about two months after this was started, so technically "spiritual successor", but who knows. It's a bit more sweeping as far as style, and probably a bit more cutesy in its execution. Either way, it started undergoing revision earlier today (before I had to go say bye to my bro who's leaving town for a while) and the revisions/corrections should be done by tomorrow night. Still need to search for a proofreader, but I'll get to that later. The only other one I'm keeping open for now is the Flutterjack, and that'll be done Tuesday. Lasting Legacy is going to get an update a bit later as time permits.

LBTS isn't intended to be as long as this turned out to be, so once the "house is cleaned", I might do a direct sequel if there's demand for it. I wanted the "Applejack as Designate" for a plot point to play with later and give some tension. After all, she nearly did flip out about being titled "Lady" after all.:applejackconfused: Here's hoping she doesn't kill Luna later. heh

An amazing story!! It sucks that it has to end, but I enjoyed it from beginning to end! :yay:

2631544
I sincerely hope you will find time and inspiration to write a bit more and make a sequel to this story, DLS was such a freaking tease and WTNRs ending, while incredibly awesome is equally irritating. Please don't keep this carrot-on-a-stick dangling ahead. :raritydespair:Have some mercyyyyyy! :raritycry:

2688404 But if I do not tease, how do I get you to read! :pinkiecrazy: heh Kidding of course.

FWIW, I want to do a direct sequel, but I have to have to finish a few other projects first. I dug the paring so much that I'm using it for "Loved By The Sun" (:twilightsmile:x:trollestia: focus). When that's nearly complete, I'll move on to a direct sequel for this. Honestly, this was way to much damn fun to let slide with a hanging plot point like I did. It was intentional that I left it.

Just read every chapter, best three hours I've spent.
Wonderful story.

I like kinky Luna :ajsmug:

Waited after the first chapter, despite knowing it deserves it, but after the second there is just no way I can deny. Take your like, I need to get back and read the next chapter.

BTW, an entire mlp rendition of devil went down to Georgia. Too freaking cool.

Login or register to comment