• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 12,342 Views, 175 Comments

Chronicles of a Canterlot Guard - Liquid_Rainbows



What happens when you work one job for too long.

Comments ( 54 )

Alright, I posted an alternate ending for people who like hapiness! :twilightblush:

This ending seems more fitting for the real story than that other ending. :twilightsmile:

hmm, in all honesty, i prefer the normal ending, but if this means he spends his life in prison, i'm all for it!
ps. i am a resentful person, aren't I?

happy ending? FOR MIDNIGHT?! nope.avi

I don't know bro this happy ending felt bit rushed.
I prefer he stayed dead (I actually like Midnight, stallion was a badass) seeing as he pretty much wanted this. You can't always have a happy ending, especially to one story such as this. His suicide was a perfect ending which varied in emotions depending on the reader, ranging from bittersweet to complete sadness. As you said before the other ending (suicide one) it could have been better and indeed it would have been though Midnight was a selfish one to deprive us of that.

Am I one of the only ponies here who loves this ending better? I mean, yes the other one was more fitting, but this makes me feel all the goodness inside of me. I actually wanted to see Twilight and Midnight together and you did it! I love it whenever a bad character goes through redemption and you did it pretty well!:twilightsmile:

Ice

98419 .............not a fan of happiness but it does provide a better explination.

#7 · Dec 31st, 2011 · · ·

Other ending was more in line with the story - he did what he wanted to do, felt some regret, then did the world a favor and removed himself from it. I don't think I could forgive a friends rapist, let alone one who had manipulated me so thoroughly.

That said, keep writing.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION :moustache::moustache:

Will the fact that Twilight is in love with the person who raped them, not shatter the friendship of the mane 6, thus making the elements useless and thus unable to keep Discord trapped.
So when you think about it, the Depression and evil that entered his mind could have been placed thier by Discord to weaken the mane 6 and allow him to escape again.:moustache:

:moustache: Now this is a very fitting ending my good sir please keep up the awesome work

"Fate played it's final card", the ace of spades. But today, the universe decided that aces were low. Great ending, though it did feel like a bit of a cliche at times, but that's what makes a good redemption. Here's hoping for a sequel.

I have no idea how to feel. I want the bastard dead, but COMEON! That was beautiful! He might actually have a chance. But he did rape all those ponies. But he relised what he did wrong and will probably never forget the misery it causes him! But he raped and murdered in cold blood! He was forgiven by every victim! Yeah, but that still doesn't forgive him of his crimes! It's a step in the right direction! I want him to die a painful, misery filled death. But I also want him to live on and fully redeem himself of these horrors.
YARRAGH! I can't hold all these feels! :fluttercry::flutterrage::derpyderp2: Bravo! I came expect just another clop but a found a story of love, loss, and tragedy(not in that order). THAT, is art my friend, ART. Take ALL my Moustache Spikes! :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

I see that there's a mixed response to this, which is....exactly what I was hoping for!

This ending is purely optional. If you hated him and wanted him dead, you can have it that way. If you prefer happy endings, you can have it that way, too!

And thank you to everyone! I'm glad I was able to write a clopfic that people actually became invested in! :raritywink:

98859

lulz it's funny that I didn't even consider or even realize this to be a clopfic til, right now, you said clopfic.

Though I didn't hate Midnight, he still needed to die cause he wanted it. Remorse? No remorse for the dead. Guilt? Loads of it but again the answer to that is death.

He could have been this, he could have done that, and he would have found true happiness but in his mind shattered state there was barely any reason. Once he started going his mind would not stop until it was done or he was dead (Something's he didn't do we're due to the writer). Insanity (and sometimes depravity) cannot be won over...I forgot that magic can do anything, well whatever.

Ya know if you had put your mind to it this fic could have been a full on story on his descent into madness.

98967
The story was originally intended to be pure clopfic, but I started coming up with a story as it went along, and that's why it was no longer just a clopfic in the end.

And yeah, I suppose it could have been. Who knows, I might write more with this character in the future.

...I really want a sequel to this, only to be started with the alternate ending.... It just feels like it'd be a great story! :pinkiehappy:

Alas, I will tell you what I tell all writers of a similar type:

You are awful. And I commend you. Gratzi! :trollestia:

:rainbowlaugh: He spoke like ten sentences to Twilight so she just forgives him for raping her friends and cutting up applejack?!:facehoof:

I'm a sucker for happy endings, and it was written well enough. But, I really prefer the one where he dies. Telling a story about a stallion on a suicidal rampage, raping girls on a party, and then playing the return from the dead card is just not the way.

Good story, anyway.:ajsmug:

103332
As I said, the alternate ending is purely optional. Glad you liked the story!

soooo.........you knwo what ehr face wil notify whta i want to ask:pinkiegasp:

102986
It says that she told her life story to him. So yeah, multiple hours of talking is just about ten sentances. :ajbemused:


But anyways, Liquid_Rainbows has done it again! Great ending to a great story. :twilightsmile: But honestly, I thought Midnight and Rarity would end up together! :raritydespair: But still, a great read. :yay:

#23 · Jan 3rd, 2012 · · ·

Let's see here, three cases of rape, two cases of battery ( the physical form of assault, for those that don't know) and a first degree murder of a guard...gets off with apparently no negative consequences :derpyderp2:

aside from my dislike of both endings, it was still a good fic, and an even better clopfic.

104916
I may not have made it very clear, but Midnight is still going to go on trial in the alternate ending, and there is still a chance he could be jailed for life or executed.

To clarify: I hit Midnight causing to black out and getting into jail... You know how? I am invisible:pinkiecrazy:. Also: I prevented Midnight going for Fluttershy due my awesome telepathy skills :moustache:



TL;DR: I am a Dark templar who brings midnight in jail and preventing him from raping Fluttershy.

#26 · Jan 3rd, 2012 · · ·

106030
Thank you for clearing that up, I still liked the fic and look forward to reading more from you.

110712
Thanks! I know some people don't care for the happy ending, and I think I might agree with them :rainbowhuh:

I like both these endings, they're beautiful and written so well I don't have a vocabulary word to describe it. I would go on about my opinions of preferring the previous ending to this one, but i can see there's enough of that in the comments. Besides, I like it whenever the ending leaves you thinking, like even lives in stories aren't perfect, there's always that gray lining I don't like to hang around.

Great story, and great ideas!

im kinda glad i read this, sort of. (first clopfic ever read)
Clopfiction. hmm...
I can't see how i would be able to Fap to this, but it makes a damn good read with alot of emotion i guess.
so yeah.. well written, i guess

228481
I hate this story with a burning passion; I even considered removing it altogether, but decided I might as well leave it up. I just think of it as my (extremely) awkward first steps into writing these kinds of stories.

229061
That's okay. I guess even though I didn't like it, I still thought that the writing was pretty good.

Don't worry, your later stuff is awesome! :heart:

...And then he gets killed by the rest of the mane 6 who didn't share Twilight's opinion.

The end.

I really feel like Rarity, Dash, and Pinkie would all team up and kill him in the future.....
:pinkiecrazy::rainbowdetermined2::raritywink:

336638

Why are you looking at me like that I'M NOT CRAZY AEHEHAHEHEHEEEEE.....Ahem, Hello My good sir.

Egh. I almost wish that Midnight had carried out his plan -- even in the real ending he ended up seeing himself as being in the wrong.

I really did like Winter though. As much as this comment seems out of place, their relationship (until the whole murder part) was one I was able to sympathize with very effectively.

513137
The relationship between Winter and Midnight is quite relatable for me, as well, and I mean that in the least psychotic way possible.

513743
Yes, same here... I was instantly reminded of me and my friend (except without the me being a rapist part)

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! So sweet!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

> Rapes three element wearers
> Murders
> Knocks spike unconscious
YEP TOTALLY DESERVES A HAPPY ENDING

574218
Again, the key word is alternate. I myself prefer the route where the bastard dies, but it's really up to you!

Well that was an interesting read to say the least.
I kind of want to read a continuation of this story. :twilightsmile:

He kinda got away easy didn't he O.o

This was certainly an... interesting read. Guy got away with that way too easily. Some sexy sex and odd love. I'll be raiding all your other stories soon enough, just you wait.

~SolidFire

Wow... Equestrias judicial system is seriously F***ed up... He comitted 3 acts of rape, 4 acts of assault, 1 act of armed assault and 1 act of second-degree murder... If he got off scot free I swear to Celestia whoever made the Equestrian Judicial system really has to get their S*** in check..
~ Dr. William

Midnight's punishment for all his crimes: to go through guard training again until he achieves perfect in everything, be demoted to lowest rank, be stuck there and no promotion for five years, and closely monitored.

Login or register to comment