• Published 16th Aug 2023
  • 1,973 Views, 75 Comments

The New Normal - False Door



Thirteen years after Shining accidentally got his daughter pregnant trying to quell her first heat, their lovechild is starting HER first heat. Cadance is terrified that their already complicated situation is about to get worse.

Comments ( 21 )

Ok, so...I am honestly kinda disappointed the way this story ended.Don't get me wrong, I liked the story and all, however I hate the fact that they all got scot free.I totally expected some consequences, especially after how pissed off Cadence was.
Maybe that was actually the point of the story and I missed it.So, with the risk of sounding dumb I am going to ask:were there consequences and I simply missed them, or was this a story of "the cheater is pissed off at first and then does some strange mental gymnastics in order to accept the cheating and fix the situation"?

11703672
What would be a cathartic and realistic consequence for Shining or Flurry? Shining could have died. That would have put an end to things. Cadance could have had them imprisoned for their crimes. Remedy and Twilight wouldn't have liked that at all. Remedy might have been better off but she probably never would have forgiven her grandmother. Cadance could kick them both out but Remedy would probably go with them and they'd just go live with Twilight and keep doing what they do and not learn anything.

The 'consequences' are that Shining had an epiphany, realizes he's wrong and concedes that Cadance was right and they need to stop. Though it's not like flipping on a light switch, Cadance essentially wins for the foreseeable future. There's a possibility that everyone comes out of this situation as something approximating normal, or at least healthy. Isn't that nice?

11703926
But don't we see at the end that he is still "doing it" with both Remedy and Flurry?What exactly did he then realized that it was wrong?
And sure, you can say that Cadence "won" in the end, by being fcked alone in the castle, without Remedy or Flurry.So paradoxically, you can say that she became the "prioritized side mare".
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is exactly how I see the story.

11704276

...it ends with this generation. This part of Remedy's life will just be a strange blip in the grand scheme and Flurry is going to explore other options and it's going to start to feel weird or wrong to her, especially if she gets immersed in a relationship with a normal pony. If they don't adjust naturally, we will make it happen."

"That's… fine," agreed Shining. "I'm- I'm still worried about them but I'll make peace with that in time, I hope."

...the girls wanted to enjoy the time they had left with their personal sex catering service.

Their relationship wouldn't stay like this for too much longer.

What happens at the end is simply a phase in a process. Shining's willing to satisfy them through their pregnancies but then it has to stop. After fucking up twice with his young daughters, he can't bring himself to risk foisting any more trauma/damage on them.

Fuck, I need a cigarette after this one.

11717261
Glad to see these stories finding appreciation on the wincest shelf.

11717949
I kept waiting for the reveal that Flurry was the Princess of Lust, and that was what was causing everything to happen.
But Sparkle's influence on Shining's formative years was a different, equally-satisfying and more grounded, explanation.

11718692
Yeah, that was definitely an explored avenue.

annnnnnnd another sequel.....XD

I can safely say that's not the direction it's going.

You lied to me.

There's no resolution. There's no catharsis. There's no conclusion. You can say the ending is bittersweet all you want, but the story still ends with Cadance alone and Shining plowing his pregnant daughter and granddaughter. It's not satisfactory in the least to have the characters thinking "Oh, sucks this won't be forever" when they're in the midst of having a grand old time. And that last bit about Remedy and her foal? It hints that no lesson has been learned. There's been no character growth. This could've also ended on a much darker note, with the family utterly ruined by their lust for one another. But it doesn't even do that.

I wanted to believe this was more than simple fetish fuel, that there was genuine plot here. But there isn't.

There's nothing wrong with fetish fuel, but please don't waste my time pretending it's going to be more.

11744750
Sorry you're disappointed. It was my understanding that you were asking if Cadance was going to just give up and embrace an incestuous lifestyle and that was something I wasn't ordered to pursue nor did I WANT to pursue so I said no with confidence. It wasn't my intent to deceive or waste your time.

I had long back and forths with the commissioner about how in the hell we could maybe dig out of this hole and save anyone's character and not end on a downer. (My original idea was that Flurry sabotaged her daughter's birth control which of course is irredeemable and destroys the family.) In the end we scrubbed that and it ended up being a tug of war between responsibility and fetish and well... you know how it went.

11744750
As the Commissioner of the story, I can say that it went 95% of the way I wanted it to go. I listened to fans comments, and I allowed my vision to wander but I followed my own vision. False Door wrote it better than I could have, and I respect our partnership on this story. I'm sorry that you didn't like the outcome. The sequel will be worse if we ever get around to it.

11717261
Gald to see that my idol liked a story that I helped write.

11687096
A cut above indeed, wow.

WOW! This was an insane rolercaoster of emotions of all sorts, and i just LOVE! it all. Well done Fales Door, well done. You have now manage to get into the realm only a very select few has entered into. That being writing A Clop Sory with such an insanely good plot, that the clop just blend in so perfectly that one forgets that it is clop, or forget to clop to it. This is no small feat and you have my utter admiration for this my friend. (The Perquel also included). Solid 9/10.

11746878
WOW! You realy made one hell of a great commission with this one. I enjoyed the hell out of it. And with Cadance having a Colt. Sparkle having Twin Fillies. And with us not knowing what Sex the Foals of Flurry Heart & Remedy Star is. A Threequel of this story is almost absolutely needed in my opinion. Where Shining passes the Torch, either to his Only Alicorn Son. Or his Many Alicorn Sons to keep the Alicorn Mares safe and fullfilled in an ever expaninding Incest Harem that never ever ends.

11853603
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I commissioned the story but I also helped edit it. This was one of my favorites.

11853608
You're very much welcome. I am equally glad that i got to read it. It was an amazing story for sure. And as i said before, i hope that we will get a Threequel where Shining passes the Inbreeding Torch over to either his Only Alicorn Son, or his many Alicorn Sons.

This was pretty darn hot. Now im wondering if celestia or Luna is going to ask for some alicorn foals from shinny? (Celestia is Cadence's Aunt after all ~)

11859360

But then also Luna would be the only one left out and we can't forget Luna.

11860896
Isn't your aunt's sister still an aunt to you? Ergo Luna is also an aunt?

11861068
Oh, yeah... Convenient.

Login or register to comment