• Published 24th Jun 2023
  • 2,359 Views, 165 Comments

Sex Court: All Rise - Estee



Every day, ponies find new ways of being with each other. Roughly 6% are actionable.

Comments ( 22 )

The worse part, I would believe you if you said this scenario was taken from an example in real life.

Those "ly" were thrown in the text with the precision of a catapult.

“We really need our lawyer back.”
“Why? You lost.”
“He’s representing us in another case, next door.”
“What case?”
“We’re suing a restaurant for giving us food poisoning.”
“…did you eat out of their dumpster?”
“How dare they throw out food that’s bad!”
“…how did you lot qualify for college?”

I kept getting the Lolly's Adverbs song stuck in my head reading this tic.

"...which court do we go to for that?"

Depends on the amount. It does cost at least some $ to file even in Small Claims Court. You can file Pro Se (without an attorney).

In the USA you need a license to charge someone a fee for representing them in court. IF their lawyer has a license, they will likely be disbarred. Certainly they will at least be censored & (plausibly) forbidden from practicing law for a time.

If they got conned, that's criminal law & free for the victims.

:trollestia:

I have to wonder if the "students" came up with the idea of a class-action suite themselves, or if it was suggested by their "lawyer".

11863027
Your assuming Equestria has a Bar and lawyer oversight. It may well fall into the same category as libel laws (as in, there ain't no such thing).

11863089
Could be worse. In England it used to be that the nobility was at least the lowest level of judges.

"All rise, court is now in session. His Honor Judge "Reversible Error" Blueblood presiding."

:facehoof:

You didn't try to stop laughter through shoving a hoof into your own mouth. It was considerably easier to use an ankle. The fit was better, and the fur absorbed most of the spittle.

It's the little life lessons which are the most revealing, I find.

Foreshadowing was treated as fully unnecessary: those who appeared in Steath publications were destined to have sex, and there was no point in taking too much time to reach it.

Is there a pun in the name Lelo Steath that I should recognize? It strikes me as being the sort of joke that I don't understand.

I wondered if this guy would come back. I just reread the previous story with him a short time back.

I have a weakness for the elderly in distress. Even Mr. Steath is more tolerable when my heart goes out to him. (And I can only imagine how many of his wife’s alumni have been flabbergasted to learn what her husband does for a living.)

And given Equestrian naming conventions, I really shouldn’t be surprised that that particular law firm has representation here. :rainbowlaugh:

Equal parts fascinating and horrifying, and a good share of the latter wasn’t from Mr. Steath’s dialogue. Thank you for it.

Very amusingly. :trollestia:

I beleive there might be some form of subtling indirection of resemblation of the commentation of this comment.:trixieshiftright:

And then, theres Sir Stanly Unwin. :pinkiecrazy:

I wonder if certain guards look on his Mark as th Drum Majors baton, but college students look at is as the Cheerleaders Baton and get confused? :duck:

As for how bad things can get?

Ask the Head of Inadvisadbly Appled Magic.

Or Rincewind.

Or Pinkie. :rainbowderp:

Steath, you're a good, caring stallion and your speech pattern doesn't bother me for some reason.

I wonder if he stocks the full line of Mr. Tingle's butt-pounding work.

Something in this chapter made me to realize... is Impasssi modelled after Judge Caprio?

(He'd been trying to expand into the newly-founded category of audiobooks. The hired readers kept stopping to gag.)

If Cerea knew, she'd melted a hole in castle's floor

11863211
h, what story he's from?

11863211
Lelo is the name of a sex toy company, as for Steath, I have no idea. Maybe 'stealthy' without the L or Y? 🤔

11864251
I first read it as "Sheath".

I keep seeing Steath as a Pony version of Ned Flanders.

Diddily Oodily. Ooogly Googly.

NOTHIN AT ALL!

"...so do we get our money back from the attorney?" he helplessly asked. "The one who left?"

"No."

"...which court do we go to for that?"

"Not mine," Impassi ruled. "Case dismissed."

(Possibly my favorite part. Just so wonderfully blunt!)

Login or register to comment