• Published 2nd Aug 2022
  • 1,305 Views, 109 Comments

Bound Elemental - Kendallonian



The journal of a fire elemental who has been ripped from their home and relocated to ponyville, equestria.

  • ...
5
 109
 1,305

Twilight Sparkle's post-examination report.

Twilight Sparkle’s research notes on the status of Emerald Flare, former fire elemental turned unicorn pony by as yet unknown means.


Preliminary examinations suggest that Emerald Flare is now a healthy unicorn mare of twenty-three to twenty-eight years of age, aside from the possible exceptions noted below.

Tests of Emerald’s new unicorn magic have proven interesting so far. Firstly, Emerald seems incapable of even the most basic of levitation spells, and when she attempts to do so, instead the objects targeted have a tendency to burst into flames. In addition, Emerald has displayed the ability to use her magic to manipulate and control flames in interesting ways, having displayed the ability to incite rapid growth, shrink, or even douse flames with her magical abilities, though Emerald did express great distaste of the latter. While somewhat unusual, I’m willing to attribute these abilities to Emerald’s new Cutie Mark and the special talent that comes with it.

As for her inability to levitate objects, Emerald has expressed no great distress, stating, and I quote: “I never lost the ability to levitate things, I just gained the ability to set things on fire from a distance.” And, as far as everyday life goes, I do believe Emerald will be able to manage just fine manipulating objects with her hooves and mouth like any other non-unicorn pony.

Emerald has had no physical difficulties with drinking water, and seems to react normally to consuming it, though she has still expressed an aversion to the substance in general. I particular, Emerald has expressed an extreme aversion to learning how to swim and walking in the rain. I do not possess the proper qualifications for a complete psychological evaluation, but, In my amatuer view, I’d diagnose Emerald with mild Auquaphobia.

The only other unusual aspect I could find in my examination is that Emerald seems to be perpetually running a mild temperature, stabilizing at around 102 degrees fahrenheit rather than the typical 99 to 101.5 degrees fahrenheit. Emerald, however, has expressed no discomfort and displays no other symptoms of illness, though I might suggest she be vaccinated against common equestrian diseases sooner rather than later, just in case.

Provided these peculiarities are taken into public record, if for no other reason to keep any future doctors from panicking at her unusual state, I see no reason that Emerald’s request for equestrian citizenship cannot be granted post haste.

Author's Note:

Well, this is it. It's not exactly a narrative ending, but it does establish a few things I'd like to keep clear moving forward. I hope you all like this story! let me know what things you might want me to change if/when I take another pass for the second draft.

Comments ( 6 )

All in all, I enjoyed this story. It's nice, simple, and short. The ending was a teeny bit too fast, but it's in a journal format, so that can be forgiven.

The only question now is whether you'll continue Emerald's journey as a pony in another story. If you do, I wish all the best.

11345853
I have always thought of myself as a writer of relatively few words; I might experiment with another format for the sequels, though.

I really hope to write more about Emerald, but I'm still figuring out where her story goes from here.

And now to wait for the sequel.

My sparking name is Emerald Flare, and I’m a fire elemental.

Is that why she looks like a Warcraft monster?

11366758
I suppose I did get some inspiration from Warcraft, yeah. mostly, though, the elemental concept at large came from DnD.

Rainbow dash was found 3 weeks later dead in tree

Login or register to comment