• Published 2nd Aug 2022
  • 1,305 Views, 109 Comments

Bound Elemental - Kendallonian



The journal of a fire elemental who has been ripped from their home and relocated to ponyville, equestria.

  • ...
5
 109
 1,305

Entry 23: I'm so MAD right now...

Emerald Flare…

Emerald…

“Will you just SHUT UP ALREADY!”

I threw the kite Starlight had made for me at the window where the voice was coming from. It hit the wall and tumbled lightly to the floor. I took a look a second later, realizing I had damaged it.

“Sorry, Starlight. That’s just… getting on my nerves.” I said to myself. I’d been hearing the calls more and more often since Twilight’s attempt at returning me home, and it was beginning to grate. I figured whatever was calling must have wanted me to come to them, and it was coming from somewhere in the Everfree forest.

Oh yes, that sounds like a great idea; let’s follow some creepy voices into one of the most dense, monster-infested, flammable woods in equestria and hope they have good intentions.

Might be worth getting this sparking voice out of my head, though.

If you couldn’t tell, I’ve been in a foul mood in general since yesterday. Maybe it was just me getting so close to coming home, but… I’m just… angry, right now. Everything terrible about my situation seems so fresh now, like I had a healing wound and somepony has just opened it again.

I shouldn’t blame Twilight, but… it’s hard to know where to steer all this anger. I can’t… shouldn’t blame Starlight either; her and I have both experienced enough grief on each other's behalf for that. I really, really shouldn’t blame Pinkie or Fluttershy, but… Let’s just say I’m too mad to see anypony right now. Pinkie came by to see if I was alright after hearing about yesterday. After some light pestering, I snapped at her. I literally snapped my jaws and tried to bite her. The look of horror on her face was enough to snap me out of it, but… I hadn’t seen something like that on her face since my second day. It wasn’t something I’d hoped to repeat. After that, I considered asking Twilight to put my forcefield back up again, but… I’ll just have to deal with it. I don’t want to backslide into a caged animal like I was on my first few days.

I’m very close, though. I’m constantly feeling like I’m a hair-trigger away from not caring anymore.

I don’t think I’ll be ready for any outings outside the castle anytime soon.