• Published 2nd Aug 2022
  • 1,305 Views, 109 Comments

Bound Elemental - Kendallonian



The journal of a fire elemental who has been ripped from their home and relocated to ponyville, equestria.

  • ...
5
 109
 1,305

Sparkle's Transcript 1

Transcript of interaction with subject “Emerald Flare”, 6 august, 1120
Stenographer in attendance: Spike

Note: it’s been thirteen hours since the subject “Emerald Flare” has cooperated with any efforts to communicate. They refuse to consume any more sustenance, and their heat levels are dangerously low. I fear that any attempt to approach will prompt them to attack, causing them to use whatever little heat they have left, but doing nothing may have the same end result. Hopefully I can get through to them, somehow.

Begin Transcript;

Twilight Sparkle: “Emerald?”

No response from the subject. Subject is laying on the ground, in a fetal position, facing away from the door.

TS: “Emerald, please talk to me.”

Emerald Flare: “Leave me alone.”

TS: “Starlight told me what she told you. I’m sorry.”

No response from the subject.

TS: “What are you going to do?”

EF: “Die. In fact, I’m rather busy with that at the moment, if you’d care to leave me to it.”

TS: “I can’t let that happen.”

EF: ”Sure you can. It’s easy.”

TS: “Why do you want to go back, Emerald? In your journals you said you didn’t have any friends back home, I’m not sure if you’d have anything resembling a house or a family…”

EF: “Why do you care?”

TS: “I can’t help you if I don’t understand. Please help me to help you.”

No response from the subject.

TS: “Emerald-”

EF: “I’m thinking.”

Subject was unresponsive for approximately three minutes.

EF: “Back home, I had a purpose. I suppose you’ve read about that in my journals, too?”

TS: “You talked about ‘the truest state of matter’.”

EF: “Fire is the best that any of us can be. It’s sacred, in that way.”

No response from Twilight Sparkle.

EF: “You flesh-things don’t understand. You never have. Probably never will.”

TS: “No, I guess not. I’m sorry. But please, I don’t want you to die because of our mistakes.”

EF: “Why do you care? I’ll be out of your mane soon enough.”

TS: “Please don’t say that.”

EF: “You can’t force me to get better.”

TS: “No… I guess not. If you’re determined to be miserable you can stay that way for as long as you want. But please, I’m trying to tell you that it doesn’t have to be that way; we can figure out a way for you to be happy.”

EF: “How?”

TS: “I don’t know yet. It’s something we’ll have to figure out together, but we can’t even begin figuring it out unless you keep yourself alive.”

No response from the subject.

TS: “Emerald, please…”

EF: “...How far are you willing to go for the life of someone you don’t know, who you don’t even like, Who doesn’t like you? Someone, who, under any sort of sane circumstances, you wouldn’t even want to share a physical plane with?”

TS: “All the way, Emerald. As far as you’ll let me.”

EF: “That makes no sense. Ponies make no sense.”

Author's Note:

I tried experimenting with the format a bit here, since Emerald wasn't in the mood to dictate. Let me know what you thought.

Also, I had to up this story's rating to include 'Suicide/Self harm' in the tags.