• Published 2nd Aug 2022
  • 1,305 Views, 109 Comments

Bound Elemental - Kendallonian



The journal of a fire elemental who has been ripped from their home and relocated to ponyville, equestria.

  • ...
5
 109
 1,305

Entry 5: On Celestia and Interplanar Relations

I am coming to learn that not many ponies know the true nature of the blob of fire that Celestia pulls through the sky every day. Most ponies know it as a giant ball of flaming gasses hundreds of miles away; which is mostly true, but it doesn’t really tell the whole story. What the sun really is is a window into the plane of fire; a small snippet of my world that you ponies use to make yours that much better.

You’re welcome, by the way. It’s just a shame you ponies don’t like the idea of letting us all come over to finish the job.

Of course, when I say ‘window’ some ponies might imagine a giant plane floating out in space, and that’s not exactly true; it’s a sphere, not a flat surface. Twilight keeps calling it a “Worm hole” but I’m not sure what the little wiggly bugs around here have to do with it.

Anyway, back when ponies were spending the magic of six unicorns a day to move this giant window through the sky, we fire elementals traveled to Equestria through the sun all the time; it was a bit of a long journey, but as long as you prepared well, really gorged yourself up, you could usually make the trip just fine and start the good work of the fire elementals here in Equestria; well, if you didn’t get intercepted by some well-meaning unicorns, first. There were a few wars fought that way, I think.

Then Celestia came; she was… Hardcore. You won’t catch me saying that about too many ponies, so don’t hold your breath. The unicorns could keep the fire elementals at bay, mostly, but Celestia beat us back singlehoofedly. She lassoed the sun and forced us to come to terms; As long as we stayed in the plane of fire, we were safe and we could burn as much as we wanted. If we stepped out, Celestia had free reign to swat us from the sky.

The fire elementals might hate her, except for one thing; for the whole time that she was beating us back into the sun, absolutely zero elementals were snuffed. You heard me right; zero casualties on our side, and she somehow still came out on top. For beating us back, she got our fear, but for doing it without hurting anyone, she got our respect.

To this day, I think she’s the only pony ever to have a successful parley with the fire elementals. Nopony else had the guts; or the wings, I suppose, those probably helped, since the negotiations took place a spark’s throw from the surface of the sun.

Was I there when it happened? That’s… difficult to say. Us fire elementals aren’t so stingy when it comes to our brain matter as you ponies are; we trade bits all the time, so parts of me were probably there more than a thousand years ago, but we fire elementals aren’t exactly renowned for our long memories. I know what happened, that’s good enough for me.

And yes, Starlight Glimmer, if you are reading this it’s entirely possible you did cause an international incident. I wonder if Celestia would consent to having you banished to the sun in retaliation? Ah… that warms my spark just thinking about it.

Disappointingly, though, I don’t think that’s gonna happen, even if my fellow elementals have noticed my absence, which I doubt. We don’t even use names there, if you recall. I probably won’t be missed.

Why does that thought suddenly seem so depressing?

I don’t need friends. I don’t want friends. I just want to get out of this sparking suit of armor and go back home where everything’s warmer.

Please?