• Published 26th Jan 2022
  • 5,439 Views, 2,294 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 6 - TDR



A continuation into season Six with the Sparkles and their friends and acquaintances.

  • ...
31
 2,294
 5,439

PreviousChapters Next
Viva Lung Pegasus, part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 6
By TDR

Viva Lung Pegasus,
part 2

[Las Pegasus]




"... I'm telling you, this is the weirdest thing." The stallion offered waving a hoof. The chartreuse furred earth pony stallion grumbled, shaking his head, his curly orange mane pulled back into a bushy looking ponytail.

Rahs tilted his head his ears perking up and flicking around a bit. The stallion sitting with him nodded as he watched the guard cant, though the blue and red plaid patterned mare with the neon green mane and tail looked between them confused.

"Yeah. I mean Bay and Ginger have been working together for years. I thought they were going to start dating, they were so close. But to have them suddenly at each others throats like this is strange. What's worse they drug Beatrix and Sam into the argument and that only leaves Vespid and me to be the mediators." Shirley offered gesturing to the eye wateringly patterned mare.

Rahs had found Shirley and his troop easily enough and after a bit of a greeting and a short catch up on how things were going, Shirley pointed out how his acting troop wasn't doing much more than arguing as of late.

This was supposed to have been a bit of a relaxing tour for Shirley away from the usual roles he was doing in all the new Crystal Cast movies coming out, and up until this stop it had been. The troop he was with which he had named the Chartreuse Circus consisted of other actors and stage techs he had befriended over the years. Some of them were unknowns and others had a bit of fame, though not to the level of Shirley.

Of the ten members of the troupe four of the actors were fighting over something, the four stage hooves were doing their best to stay out of the arguments though they were drawn in more often than not as small pranks started to happen. That left Shirley and Vespid as mediators, which didn't help much as Vespid wasn't very good at mediating when emotions were high, it made her feel ill to deal with all that anger, and made it harder to focus on not blinding people with her forms as the colorblind changeling couldn't focus on more muted colors.

Rahs had realized that this was probably the event that needed to be fixed that the others had been sent here to deal with.

"The good news however is Gladmane is perfectly fine with hosting us here until we get this settled. I really don't want to be traveling in cramped wagons when this lot is fighting like this." Vespid added in.

"Yeah but he is taking a bigger cut of the profits to house us. So it's not exactly free." Shirley offered. "Still just to make the offer was nice of him, and his cut is still under what we'd be paying for room and board in a place like this."

Rahs hummed to himself at that, he needed to have a word with Applejack and Fluttershy.

"Well they seem rather happy." Fluttershy smiled as the prairie dog chittered and chirped at her. "I've never seen a pink prairie dog before."

" Glad you approve miss." the trainer swallowed. " I do my best not to strain them in their show or treat them roughly."

Fluttershy had come in like a hurricane to where the animals were being kept and any time any one protested her examination of the animals habitat and training, the glare she gave them made them back down very quickly.

That the mare had flared bat wings and shown very pronounced fangs that had scared all of them save the animals who she had quite a few conversations with.

Thankfully the only trainers she had seemed to have an issue with was a pair of stage magicians that used white lions. She tore into them quite heavily and the Germane accented performers were left in tears as she spoke of all they had failed in with their lions.

That said lions were now paying a lot more attention to the mare and three of them were following her around the room like bodyguards made everyone even more nervous.

No one was willing to ask who she was at this point, they only hoped she would go away soon.

Applejack raised an eyebrow as the two brothers continued to shout at each other.

Applejack was torn about this particular revelation. After all Seshat might have sent them here to deal with this very thing. Twilight had theorized that even the small things that were problems might blow up into something bigger and much worse. Thus far with only a few exceptions everything had pretty much just been a friendship level problem. Sure there were bigger issues that others had been to, and the whole thing with Starlight was just nuts. Still watching the two brothers argue she wasn't sure she wanted to fix this one. After all the pair of them had tried to have them all trampled by Nox-Cal the last time she had seen them.

"So what's their deal?" Applejack asked Gladmane who was still giving her the tour despite the others having split off for their own things.

"Ahh these two are under contract and to be fair are quite good at their advertising and general management skills." Glademane offered. "Not sure what the arguing is about , but i bet those two would be running this place if they could ever cooperate. Uh- huh-huh."

"Hmm, well ain't no help fer it. What was tha next part yah were so excited tah show me?"

"Ah yes we have a lovely botanical garden here with a large variety of fresh fruit and vegetables. I have quite a few on staff to tend it but i would love to see what a farmer of your caliber thinks of it."

"Sure. Lead on."

[Later]

"So what do you think?" Applejack asked as the group relaxed at an outdoor restaurant.

"I can't believe they were trying to get the lions to live on a vegetarian diet." Fluttershy huffed.

Rahs turned and glared at the yellow pegasus.

"Shy... yah tried tah git me and Rahs on a vegetarian diet." Applejack frowned.

"Yes but both of you have other things you can eat that would cover all the nutritional needs, true carnivores do not have that option, at best you two are just meat heavy omnivores."Fluttershy offered." The lions don't have that option."

"Fair enough." Applejack shrugged not wanting to get into this argument again. She also had no desire to give up bacon now that she had discovered it.

"Wuff." Rahs pointed out.

"Yeah it's pretty obvious who the culprit in all this is. All these fights breaking out between performers and staff, just so happen to make their work just sub par enough that they can't get a promotion or a letter of recommendation to another place, thus keeping them here working under Gladmane longer. And because he's so nice to all of them , not a one is willing tah hear any one speak bad of him. This has got tah be what we were sent here tah deal with." Applejack hummed.

"So he's a con-pony that is pitting everyone else against each other to keep them all in his pocket. "Fluttershy hums." How do we counter that?"

"Ruff." Rahs suggested.

"Nah, ah bet he has some heavy insurance fer acts of gods or the like that'll set him for life if yah just burn tha place down." Applejack considered.

"Wuf?"

"Ugh. Do we have to?" Applejack grumbled.

"Well they are con-ponies and with what you said he told you about them he's actually afraid of them working together against him." Fluttershy hummed.

"Yeah , but those two?" Applejack sighed."Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, lets go have a word with that brothers."

[Hours later]

Jynx had no idea what in Tartarus was going on. She had been having words with the head of the pack here in Las Pegasus, surprisingly that wasn't an analogy for beating the stupid out of them. Not to say there wasn't any stupid, but the leader was an older dog who had gotten used to the ponies ways and had carved out a nitch in society that he was sticking with surprisingly well.

Brick had already heard about her and agreed with what she wanted provided nothing else really changed for his pack. Given he was already friendly with the ponies and some of the pups were already going to a pony school here Jynx didn't see a need to flip anything on it's head, and she made sure that the other younger dogs who wanted to lead and change things knew Brick had her support, and then a few of the more vocally opposed ones got to find out what her support meant when they wound up half buried face first in a rock.

That was all as expected. What was not expected was for Applejack and Rahs to bring her in on something that neither of them seemed thrilled with. Applejack didn't like the lying and Rahs thought the idea wasn't well thought out enough.

A pair of con ponies had convinced them to go along with some plan but they needed an uber wealthy type and they couldn't use Fluttershy like the pair wanted for glaringly obvious reasons, the least of which was she was still being followed around by a pride of lions.

So Jynx allowed herself to be dolled up and play the part of some rich socialite, something which was weird because most Diamond Dogs would wonder if socialite was a type of canned food.

The only reason Jynx was going along with this was because she took note of Rahs pretending not to stare at her in the fancy dress she wore.

She had no idea what the ploy was, evidently they wanted to try and get her to convince the stallion with the greasy mane to give up some secret by convincing him that she was going to buy large swathes of land in Las Pegasus to build her own resort. She went through a tour, met a number of interesting ponies and learned some of the inner workings of a casino. The pair that smelled like snake oil didn't want her to speak and had Fluttershy, 'translate' her grumbling which was insulting to both of them, but she stuck out the plan.

Of course then it all tumbled down when it was clear the greasy pony saw through the stupid plot.

“...Honestly yah put a diamond dog in a dress an expect me to believe she's an heiress, would have done better to use a pig or something, that's more believable. Uh- huh-huh ”

Jynx raised an eyebrow at that, noting Rahs tense with his ears flattening and Applejack bare her teeth a little. She moved her hands holding them up before the pair who both looked to her questioningly, particularly as she smiled.

Time to see if what Rarity taught her worked here.

“The only problem with that statement Mister Gladmane is that unlike a pig, I actually AM a wealthy heiress, one who has tripled the money that my father left me when he died.“ Jynx stated. ”While my funds are still being adjusted into pony bits rather than the gems Diamond Dogs prefer to use as currency, I currently own fifteen functioning mines and I am the major shareholder in nearly fifty more, one of the mines that is in my name in fact is the Royal Crystal mine of the Crystal empire, due to the need for technology based crystals that come from it, it makes more than any other mine in my portfolio. “

Everyone in the room stared at her save Applejack who knew some of this already.

“As such Mister Gladmane I was content to go along with this ruse as I was asked politely to do so by those whose opinions I actually care about. And I was content to play the part and be done with it. Now you have insulted me and my entire race with one sentence, in my face at that. “Jynx growled. “Therefore you are now my enemy. By the end of today I will have purchased every free strip of land around your casino to build my own. I will offer higher pay rates than you to all your employees, I will have a grander building built to overshadow yours using my peoples best architects, and before you laughingly joke that it will be a hole in the ground I will point out that the crystal palace has been rebuilt TWICE by my people, working with crystal is easy. I have money to burn as they say and shall not spare any expense to ruin you. In the end, once built I can wait centuries for it to turn a profit and for your casino to fall, which I give a week after my casino is running. I will buy this place from your successor or the bank when you fail ensuring you see not a single bit, and I will tear it down turn it to rubble and ensure that no one ever remembers the name of it or you. While you may scoff about the intelligence of my race, you certainly cannot deny two things, that we are violent, and we are vengeful. An old proverb of my race is that when you seek revenge to dig two graves, because your target might have an accomplice.”

Everyone continued to stare at her in shock though Jynx quickly pointed at the two brothers.

“You two, I will need a manager and it has been suggested that you are good at that sort of thing. I will double the pay of what you make here for you to set up what I want. No cutting corners, or cheating me. I will find out if you do and I will already have two graves dug.” Jynx stated, the brothers nodded heavily before her attention turned back to Gladmane whose mouth was moving like a fish but no sound came out. “ I do not know nor do I care what sort of Friendship mission this was or what they were supposed to do. I only care that you are destroyed for that insult Mister Gladmane, goodbye.”

Jynx glared down at Gladmane again before turning and walking off, the others following in her wake, with Rahs walking backwards offering Gladmane a double Griffonese gesture.

Author's Note:

I'm not gonna do the Hearths Warming chapter this season because lets face it It's a little late to pair it up .

PreviousChapters Next