• Published 26th Jan 2022
  • 5,418 Views, 2,294 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 6 - TDR



A continuation into season Six with the Sparkles and their friends and acquaintances.

  • ...
30
 2,294
 5,418

PreviousChapters Next
Viva Lung Pegasus, Part 1

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 6
By TDR

Viva Lung Pegasus,
Part 1

[Three days after Sunset and Saturnia's date with Rahs]

Twilight, Rahs Fluttershy and Applejack stand in the map room looking down at the map table. The latter two's cutiemarks glowing lightly.

“Tha map is pointing where?” Applejack frowned.

“Las-pegasus.” Seshat offered. “Something is going on there.”

“Oh dear.” Fluttershy frowned.

“Wuff.” Rahs pointed out.

“He's right Fluttershy, Las Pegasus can't be parties and excitement and crowds all the time.” Twilight offered. I'm sure it will be fine.”

“Umm it's not that Twilight, I'm dating Pinkie after all it's... it's just that...” Fluttershy frowned further. “Pinkie and I might still have some outstanding warrants from the last time we were there.”

The others stared at the pegasus who tried to hide behind her mane at the scrutiny.

[ Las Pegasus]

Rahs frowned his ears flattening to his head. The streets of this place were packed, wall to wall ponies and other creatures , some of them even he couldn't identify. All of them milling about, all of them loud.

And given that Fluttershy was currently huddled against his back under his coat they were also scary.

Or that she had seen the Guard patrol pass.

Applejack seemed annoyed with the place as well though that was probably due to her sensibilities being affronted. The city was showy, loud, bright and full of ponies who spent bits like water and gambled away what they probably shouldn't. It was nearly all casinos, hucksters, buskers and pricey hotels. Granted there were also a lot of shows in town too, some of them he was interested in. That Shirley was here in town with his small theater troop was just a bonus if he could manage to find out where and go see how his friend was doing when they were done.

The oddity in this case was that Jynx had come along too. She wasn't quite with the group, but the gems needed for the lights and other things in this place were mined locally just outside the city with a fair sized Diamond Dog warren that Jynx was going to pop into to make sure that they were doing things properly, IE HER way.

Rahs would be more concerned with that if Jynx's way hadn't elevated the Diamond Dogs from warmongering brutes to something approaching a proper civilization in just a few years. He wasn't fond of the fact that she often had to force the packs she came upon to change by literal force, but it was something he had learned to accept, and in a deep part of his mind he enjoyed the idea of some unknown pack suffering her wraith. A glance down to the scars on his arm were enough to remind him why he didn't have as much issue as he should with her methods.

Jynx left on her own and the three of them remaining wandered about the city looking to see what there was to see. Fluttershy was removed from his coat, with some force, and was convinced to walk on her own, though she still put on a pair of Pinkie's Groucho glasses.

The trio paused before a hotel as a barker ranted before the ornate structure.

“And make sure to experience our signature show, Pone Fantastique! Trust me when I say you've never seen anything like it! Unparalleled acrobatics! Unique animal antics! Your only regret will be that you didn't see it sooner! And like everything at this amazing, incredible, I-can't-believe-it-even-exists hotel, Pone Fantastique is brought to you by the chair pony of kindness Gladmane himself! “

“Chair pony of kindness?” Applejack tilted her head.

“Ruff.” Rahs shrugged.

“I know how does one even get that sort of title?” Fluttershy muttered her eyes narrowing behind the glasses at the comment about the animal show. In her experience the animals in those tended to be sub par and she made a note to herself to check this place out a little more thoroughly .

“Well, uh, it is a little embarrassing, but the crowds seem to like it. Uh-huh-huh.”

The trio turned to look at the burly purple stallion in a suit, that likely cost as much as a years take from Sweet Apple Acres, and a perfectly styled white mane.

Rarity would have loved him.

Sombra probably would have punched him.

Rahs oddly felt some where in the middle of that.

“Mr. Gladmane?” Applejack guess glancing to one of the fliers with the manes picture on it.

“Just Gladmane'll do. And it's a pleasure to meet actual cohorts of the Princess of Friendship! Thank you for coming. Thank you very much.” Gladmane offered.

“Wuff ?” Rahs questioned.

“Hmmm?” Gladmane looked up at the moon dog.

“He wants tah know how yah know who we are.” Applejack asked.

“I'm what you might call a friendship connoisseur, so naturally I'm familiar with the friends, and brother of the great Twilight Sparkle! Applejack, Fluttershy, Rahs, it's an honor to have you here. Uh-huh-huh.”

“You saw nothing.” Fluttershy muttered looking around in a bit of a panic in case a Guard might have heard.

“I have to admit you're not the type of pony I expected to find in Las Pegasus.” Applejack offered.

"Well, my guests may be looking for lights, music, and parties, but working hard and making friends is how I turned this hotel into what it is today, and how I plan to make it even bigger. Uh-huh-huh! Uh, excuse me for a second." the stallion offered moving to the side.

Rahs flattened his ears as the loudspeaker kicked on before he leaned closer to Applejack.

"Bork?" Rahs questioned.

"Maybe... Ah'm gitting some funny vibes from him. Like he ain't lying, but he ain't telling tha truth either. " Applejack considered. " Ah spect this might be our issue tah fix."

"He does seem popular." Fluttershy added in as the gathered crowd started chattering excitedly at the deal offered. The trio watched as Gladmane trotted back up.

"Would you three like to take a tour of the place? I'm just about to do my rounds and check on my friends who work here.

"Well that would be lovely... to get some where with fewer gua... scrut... less crowd." Fluttershy offered.

"Lead the way, Mr. Gladmane!"Applejack shrugged as Rahs nodded.

"Just Gladmane now, you hear? "

[?]

"For fucks sake." Adagio cursed shifting on the stool she was on. She was in her human form working on trying to fix her hair. Their shopping trips had them bouncing all over the place on a small airship and the tiny quarters on the ship was not helping particularly with how much the wind fucked with her mane when she wasn't in the tiny room.

Luckily Squall didn't sleep, nor did he bother with the room often preferring to stay on the airship deck or down in the engine room. The craft was small but it was fast, unfortunately that meant they had to make a number of roundabout trips when the hold filled up with the supplies they were sent for. Luckily most of those were small things, but sometimes a rare regent was bought in bulk and they had to go back to drop it off at the lab before they could go after something else.

The list was quite long after all.

"What are you bitching about?" Squall muttered opening the door and ducking to get into the small room."I could hear you over the wind out there."

Adagio just huffed continuing to try and fix her hair.

"Oh course, your mane." Squall rolled his eyes, the glowing red orbs some how conveying the effect despite them being solid red.

"Like you would know what that is like." Adagio snapped." With hair that short you're practically bald."

"My hair curls when it gets longer and starts going into my ears. I hate that." Squall muttered running his hand through the short cropped fur on his head. He let out a grumble and strode towards the mare crossing the room in two steps. One clawed hand scooping a handful of her hair.

"What the fuck are you doing?!?!?!" Adagio snarls only for a hand to rest on her head forcing her to turn back to the small mirror.

"Stop moving. You know damn well I'm enscrolled not to do any harm to you and I'm sick of your bitching." The yeti snapped his fingers working deftly as he started working the mass of hair into a series of long braids. "If you are going to keep your hair long , keep it braided, easier to deal with in the wind and it changes how you look in case any one recognizes your hair. And since you refuse to cut it this is the next best thing."

Adagio stared at him through the mirrors reflection. She took one of the braids he made in her fingers blinking in surprise at it. "How..."

"I have twenty four younger sisters." Squall huffed. "My father was a promiscuous bastard and has had quite a few children. The ones left are the ones that he didn't have killed for some slight or because he didn't want to deal with them. When I came of age they became my problem, several have been married off to farer flung tribes to keep them out of his way and to unite the yeti a bit more.”

"That doesn't explain..."

"Twenty four sisters, mare. If you think I managed to keep them in line without learning to do hair and fur you clearly didn't have your own sisters to deal with.” Squall grumbled.

Adagio flinched at that and Squall stopped his braiding a moment thinking he pulled a hair too hard though he quickly continued.
The pair remained silent as Squall worked and the airship continued to the next port, and the next item on the list.

PreviousChapters Next