• Published 26th Jan 2022
  • 5,478 Views, 2,297 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 6 - TDR



A continuation into season Six with the Sparkles and their friends and acquaintances.

  • ...
31
 2,297
 5,478

PreviousChapters Next
The Cyndering, Part 1, Chapter 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 6
By TDR

The Cyndering,
Part 1, Chapter 2

[Crystal Empire]

“So a Crystaling?” Twilight asked.

“Yep, fascinating stuff really. Whenever a baby is born in the Crystal Empire, the parents bring it before the Crystal Heart. They get the purest shard of crystal they can find, then pick a Crystaller to present the baby to every pony who comes. Then they all share the light and joy they feel, feeding it into the crystal that joins with the Heart, and increases its power!” Moon Dancer offered.” And this is going to be a double royal Crystalling, so pretty much the whole empire and most of the Changelings will show up. There are actually no records aside from those passed down word of mouth about a royal Crystaling because it hasn't happened since before Solomon ruled, Sombra never even got one and technically he was part of the royal line before he abdicated officially to Empress Cadence.”

“Hmm so there's another way to increase the hearts power? I thought the quarterly fairs were doing that?” Twilight questioned.

“Those are to strengthen and upkeep, but the Crystaling actually connects the pony born to the heart which is how the crystal ponies become so vibrant. The fascinating thing is it seems to also work on Changelings and Diamond Dogs. We've had two Changelings allow their pupa or grub or whatever go through a Crystaling and the little thing is the most blindingly neon baby I have ever seen. The Diamond Dog pup turned out much the same as the crystal ponies.” Moon Dancer continued. “This is causing rampant speculation now as to whether or not the crystal Ponies are a proper race or an off shoot of Ponies.”

“Given their physiology I would expect they are a divergent, much like the Nox-cal.” Twilight offered.

“That's my theory too, though Sunburst has pointed out that Cadence has Crystal Pony as a main portfolio but doesn't have ponies as a lesser like Luna does with the Nox-Cal.” Moon Dancer offered. “ We were going to research that a little more, but between my foal and the new Sparkles, our research has kinda stalled. On the plus side the two of us are official Crystaliers, as trained by the one remained Crystalier, Rhede Pelt.”

“Wait Pelt is a trained Crystalier?” Twilight asked.

“Surprisingly yes, though with the legends of him being related to nearly half of Equestria, it's not that surprising. Stargazer didn't have a Crystiling as we were still in the process of working everything out with the Empire when he was born to add more chaos to it.”

“Where is little Stargazer any way?” Twilight asked.

“My mom showed up to help out for a bit, thankfully Sunburst's mom hasn't moved up here yet or those two would be in a grade A bitch off again.” Moon Dancer sighed. “ Speaking of bitches.....”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Moon Dancer calm down. Starlight's here with me on a probationary status of sorts.”

“She tries anything with my husband and I'm gonna break her in half.” Moon Dancer huffed.

“Ehh I wouldn't worry, she's still in the first stage of a new condition the doctors have called Sparkle Shock. “Twilight sighed.

“So they finally named a disorder after you, only took ten years.” Moon Dancer smirked.

“It's not that bad!” Twilight grumbled.

“Twilight. LYRA owes me bits for this.” Moon Dancer grinned wider.

Anyway...” Twilight pressed on as Moon Dancer cackled. “Tempest is keeping an eye on her while we're here. Now then let's go have a look at my new niece and nephew.”

Upon arrival at the Crystal Empire, Twilight met Moon Dancer at the dock and the pair promptly nerded out.

Rahs did his best to ignore them. There were more interesting things to focus on.

Like Jynx's complete turn around the moment she set paw on the ground. She immediately acted as if she hadn't been sick at all which was odd because he was quite certain she had been. Of course she was meeting the pack of Diamond Dogs that had come here to help with the mines and was being presented a pup that looked like he was partially made of crystal, like the ponies of the Empire. The attention of the pack quickly focused on the crystal club that her tail had become and there was a bunch of fuss being brought up about that too. He had forgotten she hadn't really been here since she ascended.

He might be looking at the start of a new species here. If Luna was right all it would need was around 20 members of the race and it could have a god, and going by Jynx's tail... her actual tail not what he was trying hard not to stare at, she might already be on the way to claim that portfolio.

Aria, Sonata, as well as Starlight, Tempest, Prince and some of the other ambassadors that showed up with the ship were prepping to head out to the lake to survey the site for a Neighlantian embassy.

Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy were chatting with Bees and Thorax about something, and Sunset and Saturnia were off to the side muttering to each other in hushed tones, occasionally looking his way.

That last bit worried him, but thoughts of what the pair might be plotting were tossed aside as a tired looking Shining Armor finally showed up, ushering the group into the palace with only a small glance to wonder why there were so many non family coming to see the foals before he seemed to sigh and give up.

The rebuilt, rebuilt, and rebuilt again, Crystal Palace was a flurry of activity. Servants and Guards ran around like mad. The servants setting up decorations and preparing for the upcoming Crystaling, and the Guards running rampant to make sure that nothing was going to interrupt said Crystaling.

Rhede Pelt and Starburst were in the middle of the chaos barking orders and pouring over a pile of books stacked on a large table in the middle of the grand ballroom.

Bees was immediately escorted back out of the palace the moment a Changeling Guard spotted him.

Pinkie Pie had two Guards assigned to her immediately, though no one knew what good either of them would do to stop the pink mare if she decided to do something.

The Guards stopped Fluttershy, Thorax, and Rainbow Dash as well as the group neared a heavily armored door.

“Sorry. For the moment we're just letting family see them. Cadence is a bit jumpy, though to be fair so am I.“ Shining Armor offered. “You'll get to see the foals at the Crystaling.”

“Awwww...” Pinkie Pie deflated.

“Pinkie Pie you are welcome to help set up the Crystaling Party. Just go talk to Starburst and Rhede, see what they need. “ Moon Dancer smirked.

Pinkie Pie nodded and darted off with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Thorax following.

Shining Armor glanced at Sunset who shrugged.

“Don't look at me. Cadence is technically my cousin or sister or whatever the heck dad... mom made her when she was adopted.” Sunset offered.

“This makes the deal we have even weirder.” Saturnia muttered.

“Oh shut up, we're not blood related, if you were that weirded out by it you wouldn't be after Rahs since he's a uncle by Marriage.” Sunset lectured.

“Don't get me started on that nonsense.” Saturnia sighed.” Can we go see my new siblings now or not?”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the relatively short chapter. I've not had the drive to write this last month or so in anything and once again i'm hitting chapters that feel like a slog to get through for some reason. There are a few coming this season that i'm excited to write, but these early ones are a bit much. This season might be quick too as most of the non planned chapters for episodes are only gonna go one chapter a piece.

Still i've got quite a few good episodes i need to hit here this season, i've just got to get to them.

PreviousChapters Next